Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinsiders_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-04_at_6.43.42_PM_(resized).png
Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago

The ecto goggles are exaclty what I imagined they would be. While the technology is nothing new, the effect is still cool. Overall, the game looks like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to play one.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You're right. I was hoping for a bit more, but the machine still looks terrific to me.
I can't wait to get my LE.

I'm hoping the animations get a bit longer over time with coding - it is a very short repeating animation as it looked.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I'm hoping the animations get a bit longer over time with coding - it is a very short repeating animation as it looked.

I hope you get your wish.

I really couldn't be much happier based upon what I've seen.

#204 7 years ago

I thought everything about it looked great. Hopefully they just ignore the internet troll kiddies and it doesn't sour them on continue to do these gameplay videos. They are excellent and I always look forward to them.

I think JT and Dwight did a great job on this game. Manga slings looked cool and different, ecto goggles looked exactly the way they were supposed to, a cool visual add on. All in all, I am stoked to get a chance to play one and am even more convinced to get a Premium sooner than later. Any residual nitpicking on the magna slings are just that. Anyone still concerned about them should just stick to a Pro, I personally liked how they responded and sounded throughout the game.

Thanks as always for the stream JD!

#205 7 years ago

Not sure if mentioned, but def needs an uber cool SUPER JACKPOT callout! The animation is cool, but one similar to GOT or AFM is needed big time.

#206 7 years ago

A quick note, I added a link to the beginning of the video so you can jump to the section where I get "Mass Hysteria" AND "We Came, We Saw" wizard mode.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not sure if mentioned, but def needs an uber cool SUPER JACKPOT callout! The animation is cool, but one similar to GOT or AFM is needed big time.

It's gonna be hard to beat Rory McCanns the hound super jackpot in GOT, it's the best I've heard in pinball. The guy simply has a voice for pinball.

That said, the GB stream and game looked amazing. Code looked awesome, game looked fun. Well done stern and dead flip. Thanks for the streams and videos!

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You seem to be continually blinded by your hypeboyness... It is a complete gimmick using technology from over 20 years ago (maybe 30?).
Gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

What were you expecting the goggles to do? Have some type of hologram pop out of the screen and blow a kiss to you? It is everything I expected from it, and what Stern made it out to be. I like the idea of adding some cool flare to the shot, and it is very unique and refreshing to see them try something like this in a pinball machine, as recent ones haven't implemented anything like this. This is better then the WOZ crystal ball as the image is interactive and not just a secondary informative display, which the WOZ one really never gets noticed during gameplay.

I know GB didn't come with a color LCD screen, but seeing Jackpots, ghosts, etc in the ecto goggles in full color is awesome and you don't even need to take your eyes off the gameplay to see some of the info.

The gameplay yesterday made it clear why the Premium is called "Premium" and it commands a higher price, because its the complete game and you get your money's worth over the pro version, period.

#209 7 years ago

I expected the goggles to do pretty much what they seem to do, take the pin2K tech and shrink it down. Unfortunately that is not really a hologram like we see in the films. Kind of a cheap looking gimmick on video, but hopefully better in person (guessing it will be cooler in a pitch black room but that is not how the majority of pinball is played in most places). I think the goggles are a "ok that is neat" sort of thing for the first time you see it but not much besides that.

Quoted from kpg:

The gameplay yesterday made it clear why the Premium is called "Premium" and it commands a higher price, because its the complete game and you get your money's worth over the pro version, period.

At this point I dont really see much value in the premium. Subway ramp is neat but nothing amazing. Right hand ramp change will help fro flow of game but also has 1 return option versus the 2 options on the Pro ramp. Goggles are not worth anyhting IMO. Mangaslings are not very good from watching the video. Slimer movement is preferred on the Pro as I thought he would go up/down and side to side on the premium but seems it is just side to side. Am I missing anything else that is supposed to have percieved value? From playing the Pro quite a bit, I am definately excited to play a Prem/LE model but based on video alone, I am less than impressed. To me it seems yet again, the pro is the better model to play and for the price.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Unfortunately that is not really a hologram like we see in the films.

Not quite sure how you'd expect they'd do movie like post-production effects on a pinball machine?

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I expected the goggles to do pretty much what they seem to do, take the pin2K tech and shrink it down. Unfortunately that is not really a hologram like we see in the films. Kind of a cheap looking gimmick on video, but hopefully better in person (guessing it will be cooler in a pitch black room but that is not how the majority of pinball is played in most places). I think the goggles are a "ok that is neat" sort of thing for the first time you see it but not much besides that.

At this point I dont really see much value in the premium. Subway ramp is neat but nothing amazing. Right hand ramp change will help fro flow of game but also has 1 return option versus the 2 options on the Pro ramp. Goggles are not worth anyhting IMO. Mangaslings are not very good from watching the video. Slimer movement is preferred on the Pro as I thought he would go up/down and side to side on the premium but seems it is just side to side. Am I missing anything else that is supposed to have percieved value? From playing the Pro quite a bit, I am definately excited to play a Prem/LE model but based on video alone, I am less than impressed. To me it seems yet again, the pro is the better model to play and for the price.

Ok, fine.
I will just say I feel pretty much the opposite on all of that.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You seem to be continually blinded by your hypeboyness... It is a complete gimmick using technology from over 20 years ago (maybe 30?).
Gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

that's kind of a strange complaint, there's nothing wrong with using old technology. we still use flippers and such, after all. people have been creating similar illusions since like the 1800s. it's like having a magnet on a table, i guess it is literally defined as a gimmick but it doesn't make the game worse

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro is cool but damn does the premium have some fun and interesting toys.

Magna slings add a lot to gameplay. Steel ramp with ball lock, subway, VUK / scoop is a huge addition. Slimer action the premium is far more interactive and interesting. Ecto Goggles adds a lot to the game and is a very cool feature.

#214 7 years ago

luckily there are 2 options with Stern to help fullfill the differnet strokes for different folks. I personally think the hype wagon from a few here has fluffed the game to exhaustion on the premium/le package (even before they have played the game as usual).

I predict that like normal, this is another fun game but all-in-all is nothing groundbreaking and will settle down to reality in the next year.

#215 7 years ago

Premium / le is filled with a lot of innovation and multiple interactive toys. This isn't fluff like the dancing band in ACDC but actual fun and interactive features.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Premium / le is filled with a lot of innovation and multiple interactive toys.

wont be able to actually judge that till I play it. (which I look forward to very much since the PRO is fun and the code seems to be getting better already)

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally think the hype wagon from a few here has fluffed the game to exhaustion on the premium/le package (even before they have played the game as usual).

Wait. Didn't you pre-order Alien and have been on that bandwagon?

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wait. Didn't you pre-order Alien and have been on that bandwagon?

nope, not at all.

Alien looks cool, but I will wait to play before even thinking about getting one.

I learned my lesson on preordering.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, not at all.

Apologies Hilton. I thought you had.

#220 7 years ago

Hey I couldn't watch till the very end, did we ever figure out which Kenada was the real one?

#221 7 years ago

What's the best thing about watching the replay rather than the original?

Answer: No dumb Kaneda comments!

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What's the best thing about watching the replay rather than the original?
Answer: No dumb Kaneda comments!

If you rewatch it on Twitch you can relive all comments thanks to the new 'Chat Replay' feature they implemented

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it's definitely a game where you get a lot for your money with the pro version as well. This is one of those games , where you won't lose a whole hell of a lot by going pro. as most games.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's definitely a game where you get a lot for your money with the pro version as well. This is one of those games , where you won't lose a whole hell of a lot by going pro. as most games.

I've watched the video twice now, just not into the game.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's gonna be hard to beat Rory McCanns the hound super jackpot in GOT, it's the best I've heard in pinball. The guy simply has a voice for pinball.
That said, the GB stream and game looked amazing. Code looked awesome, game looked fun. Well done stern and dead flip. Thanks for the streams and videos!

I'll disagree and put up JRDs super jackpot callouts in BOTH IJ as Sallah and LOTR as Gimli as the best in pinball. Suuuuuuuper Jackpooooot whoa ho ho ho!

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I've watched the video twice now, just not into the game.

yea, but you can't really say, without playing it. Nobody can tell any game by watching a video of it. Nor can anyone judge a game by playing 1 or 2 games on it. Really have to play around 20-50 games to really know your thoughts. Some games reel you in. Some games you like at first and tire of them quickly. Just never know. And theme really doesn't mean shit. There are so many themes I thought i'd like and don't. like, IJ (either version), FGY/shrek, and others where the theme I think is something I would never care to have, but the game comes out awesome. Like MET, or I500.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'm just an guy who plays games. stern invites me out to show stuff off. All unofficial, and meant to be fun.

Hey Jack. Please stop calling me "Internet" during the show. I go by Mr. 68 or Kim.

...on second thought, lets keep it Mr. 68 for now.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, but you can't really say, without playing it. Nobody can tell any game by watching a video of it. Nor can anyone judge a game by playing 1 or 2 games on it. Really have to play around 20-50 games to really know your thoughts.

You wouldn't think that was the case on this site, as people talk of flaws/software/design/best game ever, etc, and they have never plunged a single ball on the game.

Or the folks who play 8 games on one and exclaim the game is a turd/too hard/unfair.

Heck, people rate games without ever playing them!

I've got over 200 games in on my GB Pro. I think it's a lot of fun. It heads out on location tomorrow for the launch party.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Heck, people rate games without ever playing them!

Its my belief that most peoples opinions are based on opinions they've heard or based on rankings. Pinball Group-think.

#230 7 years ago

that reminds me, ever play the game Lemmings? It's a really fun game. Played it on super nintendo back in the day.

pinsiders_(resized).jpgpinsiders_(resized).jpg

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that reminds me, ever play the game Lemmings? It's a really fun game. Played it on super nintendo back in the day.

Wasn't this made by Psygnosis way back when? I remember playing it on the Amiga. I think this title and Shadow of the Beast put them on the map. Ahh memories of misspent youth.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I remember playing that and you make all the lemmings fall off a cliff. I played it on an apple of some sort maybe?

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wasn't this made by Psygnosis way back when? I remember playing it on the Amiga. I think this title and Shadow of the Beast put them on the map. Ahh memories of misspent youth.

fun fact - DMA design, the substudio of Psygnosis that did this game, later became Rockstar.

as in GTA.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To me it seems yet again, the pro is the better model to play and for the price.

As you stated, until we play both we really don't know yet. But from the video and early looks, the pro looks to be a solid game and doesn't lose too much in play/features. Could be another Metallica (where Pro is great value) on our hands.

#235 7 years ago

yes it's a really old game that has been done on lots of systems. My first encounter was super nintendo. But it was super fun.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

One of the ghosts should moon the player....

Rob

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey I couldn't watch till the very end, did we ever figure out which Kenada was the real one?

He's kinda like the kid that poops in the pool...

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Isn't that the same concept that they use? Or have they actually invented hologram technology?

the holograms in Disney don't have a projector right over them, not hating on this I am just not expecting much. that video is actually better than I expected they would be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-flip-streaming-ghost-busters-le/page/5?hl=hatmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.