By WonkoTSane

1 year ago

Stats

• 238 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsiders_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-04_at_6.43.42_PM_(resized).png
Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 238 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

Although you cant really make out the hologram/ecto goggles, this game looks awesome. The roaming slimmer is so much better then the "tea bagging" version on the Pro, the subway lock looks cool, and the magnaslings work much better then I was expecting, and tone down the craziness you see in the Pro version.

Also, the left ramp looks awesome and it does appear the right ramp is easier to hit- but I could be wrong on that. Looks like a great game and the flipper gap doesn't look nearly as bad of a disadvantage on this version.

Cant wait for my LE

#152 1 year ago

It is my opinion that the slings are fine. Sling on you crazy mags.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Also, the left ramp looks awesome and it does appear the right ramp is easier to hit- but I could be wrong on that.

It didn't to me but like you its hard to tell. I think it's exactly the same on the bottom isn't it? Like opening wise?

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from catboxer:

It is my opinion that the slings are fine. Sling on you crazy mags.

The magnet slings are a total success in my opinion! From how they light up when activated, to the sounds they make and how they work- I'm super impressed. I just watched JD hit a killer game and the right sling even flicked the ball into the scoop to get an extra ball.

No doubt the features on the Prem/LE significantly enhance the gameplay on this machine. Very very happy with my purchase right now.

#155 1 year ago

Nice to see it has some big outlane drains. Those that were frightened of the magna slings should be happy they don't kick over there.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It didn't to me but like you its hard to tell. I think it's exactly the same on the bottom isn't it? Like opening wise?

It kind of reminds me of trying to hit the Galactic Away Teams shot (when holding up the 3rd flipper) on my ST LE. Very hard, but feels great when you finally land it cleanly.

Quoted from o-din:

Nice to see it has some big outlane drains. Those that were frightened of the magna slings should be happy they don't kick over there.

Makes me think they really did design those outlanes for the mag slings- because it looks very balanced now, and the Pro slings are very brutal with those outlanes

#157 1 year ago

I missed the whole stream. Did they say anything about LEs being on the line?

#158 1 year ago

I only watched about a minute or so of the video.

Just like I did w/ my WOZECLE purchase, I don't want to see the game in person, or watch much game play until I open the box to my new pin.

Have to admit...I'm really excited about getting my LE....can't wait!!!

#159 1 year ago

Has all this shit been figured out yet?
Just kiddin....LIONMAN!

#160 1 year ago

Looks good, slings look fine, the only thing I was thinking was how bright the flashers were!

#161 1 year ago

Is there a link to watch the recorded version?

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They said "soon. Very soon."

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks good, slings look fine, the only thing I was thinking was how bright the flashers were!

Yeah I hope that was just because of the camera because those were blinding. I'm thinking it was camera because the guys were tracking the ball just fine with the flashers going apeshit. All in all, I'm quite stoked about my Premium purchase. I haven't played the pro yet but the LE seemed much more balanced and less drainy than the pro footage I've seen.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes, on line, or going on line tomorrow...something like that

#166 1 year ago

I got home and scanned through the video since the stream was over and it mostly looked like the ball just lightly bounced off the rubber and wasn't actually "slung".
Can anyone point me to a timestamp in the video where you can really see the slings in action?

#167 1 year ago

Go to 45:25

#168 1 year ago

Slings look great! Switch sensitivity seemed loose, but Dwight did a fantastic job coding those suckers. Looked fun.

Did anyone else notice the amount of bricked shots from the right ramp?

#169 1 year ago

I think the Magnaslings performed great, and I like the sound they make when activated. They definitely enhance the game in my opinion.

#170 1 year ago

appreciate the videos but thanks pi rob for narrowing the viewing window to the answers.

Plead ignorance on role of dead flip, are they licensed in some way to roll out all gameplay vids on behalf of sterns new pins and models?

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Slings look great! Switch sensitivity seemed loose, but Dwight did a fantastic job coding those suckers. Looked fun.
Did anyone else notice the amount of bricked shots from the right ramp?

That shot is going to take a little getting used to. It's a woodbury shot with a ramp.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Go to 45:25

Thanks, that was interesting, that's what I was expecting to see throughout the game.
I kept watching and then at around 46:36 it looked like the ball hit the sling and just dropped down without activating any magnet or anything which is what I was seeing before. Is that mostly how it seemed to play? People are saying the magnaslings are great, but from what I see 90% of time they don't seem to do anything at all.
I guess there's probably some way to adjust the sensitivity on them though...

#173 1 year ago

Maybe the slings aren't always active via code. Anybody think about that?

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

No, it's a hipster.

Ouch.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

appreciate the videos but thanks pi rob for narrowing the viewing window to the answers.
Plead ignorance on role of dead flip, are they licensed in some way to roll out all gameplay vids on behalf of sterns new pins and models?

I'm just an guy who plays games. stern invites me out to show stuff off. All unofficial, and meant to be fun.

#176 1 year ago

overall it was a good stream i thought . now i need to play one !

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

I guess there's probably some way to adjust the sensitivity on them though...

There are still just regular old leaf switches that trigger the magnetic slings. It looked to me like they needed to be adjusted to be more sensitive.

#178 1 year ago

Thank you Jack for a terrific stream. I've been looking forward to it all week and I wasn't disappointed. It was a lot of fun!

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'm just an guy who plays games. stern invites me out to show stuff off. All unofficial, and meant to be fun.

Thank you sir, with that access I unofficially deem you luckiest pinhead in the world! Awesome.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

There are still just regular old leaf switches that trigger the magnetic slings. It looked to me like they needed to be adjusted to be more sensitive.

Just one leaf switch per sling...maybe this could be part of it?

#182 1 year ago

You're a beautiful flower, Jack

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yep, not going to get some of the top and bottom sling action like a normal sling with 2 leaf switches. We'll see what can be done to improve those situations with the slings.

Premium is the way to go.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe the slings aren't always active via code. Anybody think about that?

I would hope not. There's nothing fun or interesting about playing a game with dead slings.

#186 1 year ago

overalll it was a great demonstration. Would have like to see the googles better without the playfield glass glare, but i could see enough to know what's going on. Still dont' know what angles it still looks good on tho. Slings act exactly like I pictured them to. But they are leaf switch driven, and not proxy like I would have thought.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That was my thought too. But maybe there was a reason. Maybe a gentle touch from an edge caused too many SDTM's, and they went to one to make sure a solid hit was made to lesson those? Just thinking outloud.

#188 1 year ago

I watched the video but don't remember them ever mentioning the holo-lens thingie except for plans to get the cam right next to it to show it off (which they never ended up doing sadly).

Was there ever a moment where they all said "holy sh*t! That's cool" and pointed to the lens? I'm just wondering how much it stands out or if it's generally ignored during gameplay.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

I watched the video but don't remember them ever mentioning the holo-lens thingie except for plans to get the cam right next to it to show it off (which they never ended up doing sadly).
Was there ever a moment where they all said "holy sh*t! That's cool" and pointed to the lens? I'm just wondering how much it stands out or if it's generally ignored during gameplay.

There's a video somewhere else from last night, Facebook or Instagram, where the lens is the what they are showing, and they show a ball going through it. Can't remember if its a Deadflip or Stern video though.

#190 1 year ago

the lens is gimmicky. its just a lense reflecting an image from an upside down screen. like the old arcade games used to do.
still thinks its ok but its not like a hologram like the haunted house in disney world.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

still thinks its ok but its not like a hologram like the haunted house in disney world.

Isn't that the same concept that they use? Or have they actually invented hologram technology?

#192 1 year ago

It's a cool effect they're going for - eye candy. Looks like the crystal ball effect on WOZ. Watch the youtube video at 40 min mark for about a minute you can see it interact.

I personally like the attempt at cool eye candy. WOZ, STLE laser show during multiball, and now ecto goggles. If we can't have a color dmd or LCD, I'll take small compromises like this eye candy.

#193 1 year ago

One thing I think I like is how schizophrenic the gameplay seems to be. Most of the video the ball times were painfully short as the outlanes simply gobbled up the balls. I had to chuckle during one multiball where you could see the balls literally lining up to pour down the outlanes...3 on one side...2 on the other, etc. Wow.

BUT what saved it for me was the one big game I think Jack got towards the end. So even though it screws you over 90 percent of the time you at least always have hope for that one "big game". Doesn't seem like a bad blueprint to me...

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

the lens is gimmicky. its just a lense reflecting an image from an upside down screen. like the old arcade games used to do.

It's not gimmicky when it's viewed properly. This is the best video of what it looks like as a player seeing it,

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154140312259244/

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's not gimmicky when it's viewed properly. This is the best video of what it looks like as a player seeing it,

Yes, it's a small eye candy upgrade but it adds just enough to the pin and sort of finishes off the entire look of the machine.

#196 1 year ago

Watched a little bit of the stream last night. Does the Marshmallow Man interact with the gameplay? Or is his whole body like a giant bobble head? Saw him shaking, wasn't sure if it was cause by a mech or if it was just due to the cabinet shaking.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

Watched a little bit of the stream last night. Does the Marshmallow Man interact with the gameplay? Or is his whole body like a giant bobble head? Saw him shaking, wasn't sure if it was cause by a mech or if it was just due to the cabinet shaking.

He always shakes along with the game. Giant bobble head.

He's supposed to be able to change colors....but I haven't seen that yet.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You seem to be continually blinded by your hypeboyness... It is a complete gimmick using technology from over 20 years ago (maybe 30?).

Gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You seem to be continually blinded by your hypeboyness... It is a complete gimmick using technology from over 20 years ago (maybe 30?).
Gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

You're right. I was hoping for a bit more, but the machine still looks terrific to me.

I can't wait to get my LE.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Your sad posts are a gimmick: a trick or device intended to attract attention.

Insecure much?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 11.99
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 202.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 238 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 617 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside