Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinsiders_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-04_at_6.43.42_PM_(resized).png
Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago

The switches are in the slings, just like with a kicker mech. They're physical switches that will pulse the magnet.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would the switch be activated anyway with the ball going down the middle. Whether or not the switch is physical or proxy style. They are not going to put the switch anywhere near the middle of the playfield. The magnets will not activate unless the the ball goes over or activates a switch. Which is only going to be along the rubber of the slingshot.

Yes exactly.. BUT.. the magnets can be turned on it code, and not just switches if they want is my point.

They could code in magnet pulses at the slings after a hit is registered on the Ghost target, which could prevent an SDTM as the magnets could 'catch' the ball on the way down. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would the switch be activated anyway with the ball going down the middle. Whether or not the switch is physical or proxy style. They are not going to put the switch anywhere near the middle of the playfield. The magnets will not activate unless the the ball goes over or activates a switch. Which is only going to be along the rubber of the slingshot.

What if an inlane and then a flipper flip activities them and they grab the ball preventing a shot? That would be interesting.

#54 7 years ago

Stern seems confident in their posts on Facebook about LE gameplay/slings, I think we are going to be in for a pleasant surprise today.

#55 7 years ago

How many hours from now?

#56 7 years ago

Is Jack Danger a website?

#57 7 years ago

I believe 5 hours

#58 7 years ago

Thanks

#61 7 years ago

beat me by 10 sec

#62 7 years ago

I tried it and it redirects to another website called 1wmn.com

Will it be streaming there?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yes exactly.. BUT.. the magnets can be turned on it code, and not just switches if they want is my point.
They could code in magnet pulses at the slings after a hit is registered on the Ghost target, which could prevent an SDTM as the magnets could 'catch' the ball on the way down. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

you still have to have a switch to tell the code the ball is anywhere near there.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

I tried it and it redirects to another website called 1wmn.com
Will it be streaming there?

Twitch.tv/dead_flip

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

What if an inlane and then a flipper flip activities them and they grab the ball preventing a shot? That would be interesting.

it couldnt'. The magnets are not close enough to the flipper for that to happen. If you are unsure about the radius these can effect. Look at the TZ mini playfield. The black circle is the core. The red and white circles are your active region. Where the ball is in the red and white circles, will pull the ball towards the black circle in the center. If the ball is on the black circle. The ball will just stop and drop.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

No, it's a hipster.

#68 7 years ago

What? Sorry. I'm trying to find this video. Is twitch.tv the website or do I just do a search for that?

#69 7 years ago

Never mind. I found it.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

What? Sorry. I'm trying to find this video. Is twitch.tv the website or do I just do a search for that?

It's going to be a live stream later on today - in about 3.5 hours or so. Twitch.tv is a streaming site. Dead_Flip is the account the stream will be on.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

Basically if you go into any hip/cool/trendy craft brewery and/or pub, look around at the male patrons and you will see what a "Jack Danger" is

#72 7 years ago

Ok so 3pm west coast time?

#73 7 years ago

Thank you, epthegeek. I found it.

#74 7 years ago

Gotta love a site full of people that can find endless monies to throw at these machines but have never grasped how time zones work

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so 3pm west coast time?

Yep - 5pm central, so 6pm NY - 3pm Cali

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 7 years ago

Hope they switch up the cameras, and instead of having the camera face the player, they have it pointed at the slings so that you can see them better than just the overhead shot. Things get pretty small on a small screen.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hope they switch up the cameras, and instead of having the camera face the player...

What's the point of having a podcast if it isn't showing you all the time?

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hope they switch up the cameras, and instead of having the camera face the player, they have it pointed at the slings so that you can see them better than just the overhead shot. Things get pretty small on a small screen.

Although I like Dead Flip's streams, he typically has a crappy top down shot of the playfield and a big video feed of his mug instead on the screen- I think it would be best to shrink the selfie video feed, and have two angles of gameplay instead

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Although I like Dead Flip's streams, he typically has a crappy top down shot of the playfield and a big video feed of his mug instead on the screen- I think it would be best to shrink the selfie video feed, and have two angles of gameplay instead

I get why he does it that way. It's really the best way to show the entire playfield without having to having it landscape view and make you rotate your monitor physically 90 degrees. So the rest of the space it just wasted, which is why he adds the selfie video and the graphics in the other space. But it is overwhelming and and takes away from the details of the playfield. So at least for this, where everyone wants to know exactly how they work, I'd like to see him sacrifice the selfie, and point the camera at the slings.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

He is streaming from the floor during working hours. It is going to be noisy. He is also limited as to what gear he can set up because he is streaming from the factory floor during working hours.
These are not launch party streams. He is streaming game play from machines that have not been released yet.

Then the simple solution is don't stream from the factory floor. Surely, Stern must have a conference room or somewhere else within their facility without conflicting noise that can be used temporarily for something as anticipated as this.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Then the simple solution is don't stream from the factory floor. Surely, Stern must have a conference room or somewhere else within their facility without conflicting noise that can be used temporarily for something as anticipated as this.

In the history of Electronic News Gathering no ones has ever said "This would be better in a conference room."

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In the history of Electronic News Gathering no ones has ever said "This would be better in a conference room."

While it's cool to see the actual factory goings-on in the background (while there is something actually happening) as opposed to a conference room, is the most important thing not that you can actually hear as well as see the gameplay?

#84 7 years ago

is the most important thing not that you can actually hear as well as see the gameplay?

That is the most important thing to you and I yes...it isn't the most important thing to Stern which is allowing this to happen.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is the most important thing to you and I yes...it isn't the most important thing to Stern which is allowing this to happen.

The most important thing to Stern is to sell as many of these as possible. If you're going to promote a product in order to do so, why not do it properly? Especially if it can be done just as easily.

#86 7 years ago

The most important thing to Stern is to sell as many of these as possible. If you're going to promote a product in order to do so, why not do it properly? Especially if it can be done just as easily.

They are showing the LE tonight. Pretty sure there are none of these left to sell. Haha

#87 7 years ago

Been watching the clock and reading this thread all day. Why can't 6pm EST get here any faster

#88 7 years ago

NO NO NO NO NO...why....why do you still think this? This is not the way Stern works, never had, never will. We're still waiting to see the haunted slings in action they could have showed us long ago. Want to see how good GB looks for the potential buyer? This is the thumbnail...er picture Stern has on their website for Christ's sakes. Normal people wouldn't spend $40 on something at Amazon with a pic that small

Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpgStern-GhostbustersPro-Details-03_(resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are showing the LE tonight. Pretty sure there are none of these left to sell. Haha

Of course - how silly of me. I didn't realize that only LE buyers will be watching.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I get why he does it that way. It's really the best way to show the entire playfield without having to having it landscape view and make you rotate your monitor physically 90 degrees. So the rest of the space it just wasted, which is why he adds the selfie video and the graphics in the other space. But it is overwhelming and and takes away from the details of the playfield. So at least for this, where everyone wants to know exactly how they work, I'd like to see him sacrifice the selfie, and point the camera at the slings.

He needs to do it like the Canadian guys did it, then he can put his HipsterCam® right where the logo is for "The Canadian Arcade" - then his stream would be great, like this:

#91 7 years ago

The PS3 has the twitch app now, for those who want to watch it on their big screens. I ll be watching on my 70"

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

The PS3 has the twitch app now, for those who want to watch it on their big screens. I ll be watching on my 70"

Same with Xbox one. I use my phone to comment while watching on the TV. Pretty nice.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same with Xbox one. I use my phone to comment while watching on the TV. Pretty nice.

Good Idea.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from MRG:

You can also connect your laptop via HDMI cable and watch on the big screen

#95 7 years ago

From his last tweet, it looks like he is indeed focusing what would be the player cam on the slings. Cam 1 will be full playfeild, cam 2 DMD, and cam 3 slings or other playfield closeup.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

From his last tweet, it looks like he is indeed focusing what would be the player cam on the slings. Cam 1 will be full playfeild, cam 2 DMD, and cam 3 slings or other playfield closeup.

Instagram is showing that the player cam is on the ecto goggles and slimer area.

Not sure a close up of the slings area is really necessary to get a feel for how they are acting. Maybe they will change camera shots during the stream though.

#97 7 years ago

And it looks like it's in their showroom and not the factory floor?

#98 7 years ago

On the Deap Flip Twitter feed, they've posted a pic of the feed filming location. And mentioned "an extra camera for magna slings / ecto goggles"

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And I can confirm I've NEVER said that.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

On the Deap Flip Twitter feed, they've posted a pic of the feed filming location. And mentioned "an extra camera for magna slings / ecto goggles"

https://instagram.com/p/BE_0CPcHX_F/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-flip-streaming-ghost-busters-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.