(Topic ID: 218149)

Dead & Company Summer Tour 2018 Who is going !

By RobKnapp

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Deadlander
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0279 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Any "Deadheads" on Pinside going to see the 2018 ' Dead & Company ' tour this summer ???? I hope so !! No rock group gives Fan service like members of the Grateful Dead 2,300 concerts. They promoted a sense of community among their fans, who became known as "Deadheads", many of whom followed their tours for months or years on end. Plus over 1,000 more concerts in various forms after Garcia's death August 9, 1995 . I been to so many I lost count .
I will be "Shaking my Bones" in Boulder Co. July 13th & 14th !
Live from Mansfield, MA 5/30/18
https://www.facebook.com/DeadandCompany/videos/2161375450545937/UzpfSTExNDQ5OTExNTg4NTEwNDM6Vks6MjE2MTM3NTQ1MDU0NTkzNw/

#2 5 years ago

Feel like a stranger....

#4 5 years ago

Saw the 95 April Fools show in Memphis. Was their first show back since 1969.
It would be the last time Jerry played Standing on the Moon. My personal favorite memory of any show.

#5 5 years ago

I am going to the show tomorrow in Camden, taking my nephew Anthony with me. I have been to quite a few Grateful dead shows in the past, 40 or so, but not since around 1994 so very excited for the show. They were always my favorite band back in the day by far and my nephew is a big fan even though he is a millennial. It's gonna be a long long crazy crazy night, maybe they will play that again!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Any "Deadheads" on Pinside going to see the 2018 ' Dead & Company ' tour this summer ???? I hope so !! No rock group gives Fan service like members of the Grateful Dead 2,300 concerts. They promoted a sense of community among their fans, who became known as "Deadheads", many of whom followed their tours for months or years on end. Plus over 1,000 more concerts in various forms after Garcia's death August 9, 1995 . I been to so many I lost count .
I will be "Shaking my Bones" in Boulder Co. July 13th & 14th !
Live from Mansfield, MA 5/30/18
https://www.facebook.com/DeadandCompany/videos/2161375450545937/UzpfSTExNDQ5OTExNTg4NTEwNDM6Vks6MjE2MTM3NTQ1MDU0NTkzNw/

dead and co is the best line up since 95. john mayer adds so much to the band. and i never liked john mayer until i saw dead and co. it's awesome.

#7 5 years ago

Going to the show in Raleigh, hit the Charlotte show a couple years ago. Not a huge Mayer fan but since it's in my backyard, definitely won't miss it!

Gotta get that shirt certified

#8 5 years ago

Saw the Chicago solider field show a few years back (with Trey). That was enough for me. Fun time, just not like it was.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Saw the Chicago solider field show a few years back (with Trey). That was enough for me. Fun time, just not like it was.

I was at those. Too big of venue and trey gets annoying. The shows seemed like kind of a gimmick.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I was at those. Too big of venue and trey gets annoying. The shows seemed like kind of a gimmick.

they are all an obvious money grab IMHO

"Hey everybody, we are coming back for a single run of shows"
those sell out instantly...
"Hey everybody, we are adding another weekend cause it only seems fair to do a west coast and Chicago show... I mean... for the fans..."
those sell out instantly... (shit, why did we call this fare the well tour and say it was the last every Dead shows?)

"hey everybody, those were the last shows with Trey as Jerry... now we are going to milk this thing for every last cent and you get John Mayer"

#11 5 years ago

I'll stick with Jerry & my live Dead vinyls

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they are all an obvious money grab IMHO
"Hey everybody, we are coming back for a single run of shows"
those sell out instantly...
"Hey everybody, we are adding another weekend cause it only seems fair to do a west coast and Chicago show... I mean... for the fans..."
those sell out instantly... (shit, why did we call this fare the well tour and say it was the last every Dead shows?)
"hey everybody, those were the last shows with Trey as Jerry... now we are going to milk this thing for every last cent and you get John Mayer"

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'll stick with Jerry & my live Dead vinyls

Quoted from SilverBallz:

No gimmick .Celebrating 50 years of the "Grateful Dead". Fucking iconic . Phil Lesh was opening up his own venue . And is ill . It was the last time Phil Lesh would tour with Weir, Kreutzman, Hart, Hornsby, as the Grateful Dead .
Who give a shit if it is a cash grab these men are all (70) years plus and still Rocking on !! Good on them period ! Good on them period !Good on them period !Good on them period !
I saw Phil Lesh at Red Rocks in Colorado May 5th 2018 he and his new band were epic.
I saw Dead & Company in 2016 and 2017 there were fabulous some harmony issues just as with Garcia in the 90's but still great. I saw a Memorial Grateful Dead show at Red rocks in memory of (Jerry Garcia) last August 2017 played for SIX and a Half hours Epic and sounded great.
These concerts go beyond money . These men (Love to Perform) with there (Hearts a Souls) . They are all rich as shit . It is for the (Love of music and giving back to there Fans) !! That what it is (All) about .
I will support there music till they stop and and I hope it is going to continue . I have so much fun dancing my ass off to the groove !! Sober mind you .
Nothing like a Dead show (flawed or not) . Peace , Love , Groovy

100_0279 (resized).JPG100_0279 (resized).JPG
#13 5 years ago

I might go to the one in Cincy

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

No gimmick .Celebrating 50 years of the "Grateful Dead". Fucking iconic . Phil Lesh was opening up his own venue . And is ill . It was the last time Phil Lesh would tour with Weir, Kreutzman, Hart, Hornsby, as the Grateful Dead .
Who give a shit if it is a cash grab these men are all (70) years plus and still Rocking on !! Good on them period ! Good on them period !Good on them period !Good on them period !
I saw Phil Lesh at Red Rocks in Colorado May 5th 2018 he and his new band were epic.
I saw Dead & Company in 2016 and 2017 there were fabulous some harmony issues just as with Garcia in the 90's but still great. I saw a Memorial Grateful Dead show at Red rocks in memory of (Jerry Garcia) last August 2017 played for SIX and a Half hours Epic and sounded great.
These concerts go beyond money . These men (Love to Perform) with there (Hearts a Souls) . They are all rich as shit . It is for the (Love of music and giving back to there Fans) !! That what it is (All) about .
I will support there music till they stop and and I hope it is going to continue . I have so much fun dancing my ass off to the groove !! Sober mind you .
Nothing like a Dead show (flawed or not) . Peace , Love , Groovy

Great post. Sober Head here too. Groove on brother!

#15 5 years ago

So after this thread last night, I've been in a Dead kinda mood. Pulled out my Dicks Picks last night. This morning loaded kids in truck, headed to gym, trying to get my 300lb bench press today. Took a break from the Incantation for XM 24.
There are a few songs, a select few, that no matter where I'm at or whom I'm with, the tears just start a-flowin.... some select music has always moved me like that. China Doll is one of those songs. When the chorus comes in at the end, I'm usually blubbering like a schoolgirl.
China Doll comes on, and I'm like NO, NOT RIGHT BEFORE I WALK IN MY GYM. Lol.
"Dad, why are you crying?"
"I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE"
The chorus lights up literally as I'm pulling in parking lot. I couldn't turn it off, I never can. God I love that track.
Embarrassed? Naw...I don't get embarrassed.
And I didn't get 300lbs either. But I got 280 ×3.
So pick up your own motherfuckin China Doll. It's only fractured. Juuuuust a little nervous from the fall.....
Have a great show friends.

#16 5 years ago

If you have SiriusXM, for the next 4 Saturdays, they're broadcasting live from the tour.

As I write this, it's between sets.

"Easy Answers?????" Blech

#17 5 years ago

Not going but listening on SiriusXM too. Then again, I’m always listening to the Dead channel on SiriusXM

#18 5 years ago

BREAKING NEWS: I have successfully made it through multiple airings of China Doll sans eyeball sweat. Mostly cause it takes so long to get to the gd chorus that I usually forget and am looking at Pinside.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

BREAKING NEWS: I have successfully made it through multiple airings of China Doll sans eyeball sweat. Mostly cause it takes so long to get to the gd chorus that I usually forget and am looking at Pinside.

I totally get it;
My number one Dead " Goose Bump " song is " Morning Dew " . Gets me every time even. No matter who is on lead vocals. These days .

Walk me out in the mornin' dew my honey
Walk me out in the mornin' dew today
I can't walk you out in the mornin' dew my honey
I can't walk you out in the mornin' dew today
I thought I heard a baby cry this mornin'
I thought I heard a baby cry today
You didn't hear no baby cry this mornin'
You didn't hear no baby cry today
Where have all the people gone my honey?
Where have all the people gone today?
Well there's no need for you to be worryin' about all those people
You never see those people anyway
I thought I heard a young man moan this mornin'
I thought I heard a young man moan today
I thought I heard a young man moan this mornin'
I can't walk you out in the morning dew today
Walk me out in the mornin' dew my honey
Walk me out in the mornin' dew today
I'll walk you out in the mornin' dew my honey
I guess it doesn't matter anyway
Well I guess it doesn't matter anyway, no no
I guess it doesn't matter anyway

#20 5 years ago

This one of the best Dead / Furthur shows I have ever seen . I was there live and I remember it all. I have seen almost every Phil and Friends , Rat Dog , The Other One's , Further , The Dead show since 1996 in Colorado . This concert was one of the best !!! Red Rocks Morrision, CO 9-22-13
Phil Lesh - bass and vocals
Bob Weir - guitar and vocals
Jeff Chimenti - keyboards and vocals
Joe Russo - drums
John Kadlecik -guitar and vocals
Sunshine Becker -vocals
Jeff Pehrson - vocals

#21 5 years ago

Were going tomorrow night in Cincinnati at the river bend park. Anyone know the Shakedown street situation there?
Band sounds great this is my 4 th show with dead and co. Looking forward to tailgating and enjoying the show.
Regards,
Al

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-company-summer-tour-2018-live-stream?hl=collint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.