Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmklunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Retr0bright works well but it was designed for ABS plastic. Not sure if playfield posts are ABS. The ABS yellows upon exposure to fluorescent light which causes Bromine added as a fire retardant, to break free of its chemical bond. This is the yellowing you see. I've used the process quite a bit with very good results. First thing would be to find out what kind of plastic the posts are or just try it out and see what happens.

#4 10 years ago

I just reread your post and realized you were talking (I think) about the playfield plastics and not the posts. The retr0bright process will very likely remove the artwork from the plastics. It's a caustic mix and I've only used it on solid color plastic that I knew was ABS.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I tried the peroxide and Oxy Clean mix last night on the clear plastics from my SI. It didn't do squat. They are still stained.

Sometimes it takes up to 36 hours. What were you using for UV light?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-yellowing-older-platsics?tu=beadwindow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.