3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mbecker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

Hi all,

I'm working on a homebrew and need a coin door. I'm using an repurposed BSD cab, so it already has all the holes cut for a frame. The DE doors are way less expensive it seems than a new WPC one. I assume the 4 holes must be standardized for mounting the frame - but w/out both doors in front of me I can't be certain.

Anyone know - are the frames/doors standardized so the mounting holes will line up either way?

#2 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Hi all,
    I'm working on a homebrew and need a coin door. I'm using an repurposed BSD cab, so it already has all the holes cut for a frame. The DE doors are way less expensive it seems than a new WPC one. I assume the 4 holes must be standardized for mounting the frame - but w/out both doors in front of me I can't be certain.
    Anyone know - are the frames/doors standardized so the mounting holes will line up either way?

I am 99.9% sure they do work

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I am 99.9% sure they do work

Thanks! That's pretty good confidence to order buy! I guess worse case I can return it.

#4 3 months ago

Aren’t they all made by coin controls?

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

are the frames/doors standardized so the mounting holes will line up either way?

I think so. I seem to recall pulling a brand new DE coin door off a WPC game I refurbished a few years back.

#6 3 months ago

Yes.

Gottlieb doors have a different hole size in cabinet.

LTG : )

#7 3 months ago

Data East, Happ, and Entropy has standardized mounting hole spacing and are directly interchangeable.

#8 3 months ago

Thanks all for the replies! Ordering a DE door, marking this ‘solved’

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside