(Topic ID: 38992)

DE Tommy Flippers always activated????? HELP!!!

By Hana9so

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0590.jpg
#1 11 years ago

My Tommy has an issue where you can always use the flippers (while the game is on). During attract mode, bonus count, ect, ect.

The problem is with the CPU's "RY1" flipper power relay being stuck on. RY1 controls weather or not the flippers get power or not. The relay is constantly getting power. As soon as i boot the game up, the relay clicks on. I am 100% sure that the relay isn't stuck, i can see it click when i boot it up.

I figured the drive transistor might have been shorted, so i replaced it with no avail. I also replaced the quad 7402 chip and that also didn't fix the issue. So far I've replaced D24, R108, Q80, and the 7402 chip. Attached is a picture of the schematic.

Can anybody else chime in, and shed some light on the issue???

Thanks

IMAG0590.jpgIMAG0590.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Any chance it's magnetized ?

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

hmm, How would you test to see if its magnetized?

I really don't think its magnetized though, although i want to rule out all possibilities. I am reading 5 volts at the relay coil on boot.

#4 11 years ago

I de-soldered the relay and took a better look at it. It is definitely not magnetized. The relay itself is fine.

#5 11 years ago

??? bump

#6 11 years ago

Check the voltage on Pin 12 of the 7402. Now check the voltage at Pin 13 of the 7402. They should be logical opposites (One side less than 2VDC, the other side more than 4VDC). I'm guessing that Pin 12 is stuck high, and everything else is doing what it's supposed to.

#7 11 years ago

Missing blanking signal (1-12G).

#8 11 years ago

Fixed! ! ! Turned out to be father upstream at the 7406 hex ic. Thanks to all that chimed in!

#9 11 years ago

Good job. I was just going to post that I have a Tommy and can inspect and take photos if needed of anything to help your cause. No need now because you solved it!!!! Way to go!!! I love this pin!

#10 11 years ago

Congrats, and thanks for closing out the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-tommy-flippers-always-activated-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.