• Latest reply 6 years ago by tonyhoff1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hi Guys, I'm stumped here. I have almost all issues fixed but 1. The pop bumpers. The lower pop is fine and works correct. The upper 2 pops is where my problem is. In switch test under the playfield if I manually test them I can get them to register. If I push the left wafer the left coil fires and so does the right. If I push the right wafer it fires and so does the left. If I push the lower wafer it will fire alone like it should. What am I missing? I checked wiring and it all looks right. I know its not a board problem as I have swapped it with another. Any Ideas? Diodes test fine.

#2 6 years ago

So top two bumpers fire together if i got that right. Is it only in test or all the time. If its not a diode or the transistors, what about the connector? Cn18 i believe, maybe the wires are somehow frayed and touching? It seems that the orange wires would have to be crossed somewhere, and the connector seems the logical place to me. Hopefully that gives you an idea at least!

#3 6 years ago

All the time. I checked the wiring and it's all good. I'm lost.

#4 6 years ago

Take a look at the wiring. Let's make certain all the colors for both the switches and coils for each of the pops. Sorry about the cut and paste, but should be enough.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Is this a new problem on a long running machine? Or is the machine new to you and you are repairing problems?

If you have checked all the wires, diodes, etc. Take the board out and make sure there are no solder bridges or bad repair work.

#6 6 years ago

Well thanks to the pics I was able to confirm it's on the board. Something is causing them to have continuity. If you unplug cn18 they are fine. But when you plug it in they have continuity. With the plug undone the board still has continuity on those 2 pins. Now what lol

#7 6 years ago

Has that connector been replaced? My guess is solder is bridging them on the back of the board?

#8 6 years ago

Tested 7402 and it is bad. Going to replace and post back. Thankyou everyone for all the help so far.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Well thanks to the pics I was able to confirm it's on the board.

Well, you lost me because of earlier:

Quoted from tonyhoff1:

. I know its not a board problem as I have swapped it with another.

#10 6 years ago

All I know is it is weird to have the same IC bad on 2 different boards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-time-machine-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.