• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by acidburn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue with my data east star wars pin. I've had the machine now for a few months, and probably played hundreds of games on it without problems. Today I had the playfield up changing a light bulb, got it changed, put everything back together and walked away. Went to turn the game on tonight, and couldn't get it to kick a ball out into the shooting lane and the skill shot wouldn't come up on the dmd. I ran thru the diagnostics menu and when I got to the strobe test, about 6 coils fired and none of the strobes flashed. It's almost as if the coils are plugged into the light section of the computer board? Is it possible that raising the playfield touched 2 wires together and now the coils are getting the power meant for the strobes? The strobes won't light at all now, but all other lights on and under the playfield and in the back box seem to be fine.

I'm completely at a loss as to what the problem could be. I brought a Williams Laser Cue back to life in around November so I'm decently comfortable working on these things, this one is just beyond me and I don't even know what to check first.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance

#2 3 years ago

So I did a couple more tests this morning and checked out the wiring diagram. Apparently the strobes and some of the coils are on the same relay on the PPB board. I'm thinking now that the relay could be the problem since the coils are firing during the lamp check. Can anyone confirm/deny this theory?

1 week later
#3 3 years ago

Another update. I've now replaced the relay, the Q29 TIP122, and the TLL 7408 that controls Q29... I'm still getting the same problem.

Someone on this website has to at least have an opinion on this... Or be able to point me to someone who might know what to try next.

Please help!

3 years later
#4 35 days ago

Sorry to resurrect a REALLY old thread but did you get anywhere with this tyler21 I'm having very similar issues with my DESW

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside