6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by martymart
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have just installed a Pinside Power Supply in to my DE Star Wars as the original board had some hacks and burnt pins. I replaced the CN1 connector and pins to ensure everything is as it should be. After installing the new board I started the machine and played 2 games which played as it should (seemed better than what is was prior). Then part way through the game the machine shut down and then restarted. Once the game restarted any sounds that are a voice were very loud and when I start a game it is very loud and fuzzy.

Does anyone know what may have caused the restart and the sound issue. Do I need to now look at the sound board or has something damaged the Pinside power supply. The power supply was working prior as I have removed it from another machine that I have so know it was ok.

Any advise would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

Just reseated all the cables and works fine.

#3 6 years ago

I thought this one was resolved however I have had the same issue come back. I have reinstalled the original Power Supply Board which is in working order and I still have had this issue come back up again. I have checked the CN1 plug as this is the one I had changed and it all looks fine. Is there something else I should be looking at here. I have checked and re-seated all the cables although cannot seem to get it working. When I turn it on it just starts really loud (voice from speakers is very loud) and the background sounds become to loud to play the game. This is also compounded by the game restarts which have started at the same time. I am not sure where to look next and would appreciate any help if someone has come across this before.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Time to change the small capacitors and the 18000uf capacitor on the power supply. Likely, you are losing 5 volts when the game shuts down. C2 tends to leak and eat away at the trace as well.

Thanks for your help on this one. I have just noticed that one of the cables was loose on the CN6 connector. It was hard to see as it was still in the slot although had come away from the the terminal. Re-inserted it and all is good now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-wars-restarted-and-then-has-loud-voice-overs?tu=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.