(Topic ID: 53572)

DE Star Wars mods, has anyone added any?

By indypinhead

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by travmo123
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_20140101_202948.JPG
IMG_20140101_202920.JPG
IMG_20140101_202853.JPG
r2-d2.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I'm thinking about buying a couple Hallmark ornaments to add as mods to my DE Star Wars machine. I'm mainly looking at buying a couple of the space ships, like the X-wing fighter.

Has anyone put these on their machine?

Does anyone have any pictures they can share?

I'm just trying to come up with ideas right now.

#3 10 years ago

I put on some sweet bobblehead toppers. They currently sell these at Barnes and Nobles. Huge assortment.

Haven't done anything on the playfield (yet).

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I have some micromachines star wars vehicles I put in mine, and a yoda action figure

#5 10 years ago

Someone here had a really badass signed translite. It was worth like 3k tho.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I have some micromachines Star Wars vehicles I put in mine, and a yoda action figure

Quoted from Danzig:

R2-D2 action figure with LED eye.

Post some photos, please!

#7 10 years ago

Here is a red flashing Vader mod... powered by the PIG 2. Will only flash when you make the Dark Side scoop shot... will not flash when regular Force scoop shot is lit, all thanks to the power of the PIG 2.

#8 10 years ago

Here is a green fading Yoda mod... again, powered by the same PIG 2. Activated by the Yoda/Ben/C-3PO shot.

#9 10 years ago

And finally, here are fading lighted flippers and under cabinet lighting.

Also powered by the same PIG 2.

Notice the pulsing level of the flippers and under cabinet are different... totally customizable thanks to the power of the PIG 2. Another cool thing is these fade to lowest brightness whenever the GI goes off during the game. Very subtle but cool effect.

More PIG 2 info can be found at www.dkpinball.com

#10 10 years ago

Several mods in this one, but the R2-D2 with light up eye is the one I was speaking of and it can be seen on the left side in this pic.

r2-d2.jpgr2-d2.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I added a color changing LED to the light sabre contact point insert in the center of the playfield.

6 months later
#12 10 years ago

I found some snap together models by Revell at a local store last week. They are easy to assemble and a good scale for this pin. Here's some pics...
IMG_20140101_202853.JPGIMG_20140101_202853.JPGIMG_20140101_202920.JPGIMG_20140101_202920.JPGIMG_20140101_202948.JPGIMG_20140101_202948.JPG

Here is a link I found on Ebay...ebay.com link: REVELL STAR WARS DARTH VADERS IMPERIAL TIE FIGHTER SNAP TITE MODEL KIT NIB 8338

#13 10 years ago

These are cool. I've seen the micromachines pin. I like that idea. These are cool but a little too big for me.

4 months later
#14 9 years ago

I'm happy to say I purchased my Star Wars [Data East] a few weeks ago! I've already started with some basic non-permanent modifications. I discovered that MicroMachines made nice little Star Wars ships in the 90s, and I got this crazy idea that I could try to attach these ships to the rotating Deathstar...

=====X-Wings Encircling Deathstar Mod=====

Parts I used:
1. MicroMachines XIII Star Wars X-Wings (3)
2. Small magnets (3)
3. Nails (3)
4. Black spray paint
5. Hacksaw (for shortening nails)

Special Notes:
These X-Wings actually have small hexagon holes in the bottom of each ship. You can use nails with a proper shaft diameter that will allow these hexagon holes to firmly grab the ship - eliminating the need for glue. If other MicroMachines ships have this same hole, you could use other ships besides X-Wings.

Experiment with each ship's location as well as nail length. I found that the X-Wings with their wings closed were better at clearing both the spiraling ramp (in the back) and the metal screw post (on the left) which holds down plastic artwork between the Deathstar and the center ramp.

If the ball jumps off the playfield and hits the Deathstar, a ship may move (spin) and require adjustment. I imagine this could be mitigated via stronger magnets or resorting to some adhesive.

Placing the majority of ships on one side of the Deathstar (as I've done) may make the Deathstar unbalanced, requiring it's top nut to be tightened in order to regain "balance with the Force".

IMG_0817.JPGIMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0821.JPGIMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0822.JPGIMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0825.JPGIMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0831.JPGIMG_0831.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-wars-mods-has-anyone-added-any?hl=stlokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.