Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kporter946286
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
IMG_5143_(resized).JPG
IMG_5142_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I am selling a DE Star Wars and dont want to do something stupid and give away somethiing that has much more value because I am a novice at this.... Whats the REAL value.... I know real estate... no tot Pinballs!!

Playfield is perfect- NEVER used... really no scratches

IMG_5142_(resized).JPG

IMG_5143_(resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

I can see that the force hole is blown out, at least one of the large square stand-up targets might be damaged, a spot of wear in the entrance to the death star, and wear on the left loop above the pop bumpers. Other than that, it's hard to tell much else since the photo isn't clear or well lit enough.

It's not perfect or mint, unfortunately. Above average, perhaps.

Post some good, clear photos of the playfield (preferably with the power turned off and without the glass) as well as the front and sides of the cabinet.

Coincidentally, here's another price check thread that popped up today: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-wars-price-check

#3 3 years ago

Just depends. If it's super nice, plus with all the hype of new movie, $3000 is a fair price. Now with the bubble getting as big as it's gotten, you might be able to try 3.5 or $4k.

Three years ago, $2,500.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Just depends. If it's super nice, plus with all the hype of new movie, $3000 is a fair price. Now with the bubble getting as big as it's gotten, you might be able to try 3.5 or $4k.
Three years ago, $2,500.

It's not a $3k+ game, IMHO. The hype for the new movie has done little to move the price on this title. Take a look at the other price check thread I linked to.

#5 3 years ago

It's still a DE and not a great one. Theme kicks it up a few bucks but not into the 3k zone. And from the pics it is NOT "like brand new". Need more pics w/ lights on to truly determine condition.

#6 3 years ago

I love first posts like this, almost as much as I love never used Playfields.

#7 3 years ago

You are definitely not starting yourself off on the right foot around here claiming your machine is like brand new and never used and then showing pics that tell a completely different story.

Translite is scratched all to heck, unless maybe that's a reflection that is magically exactly the same in both pics. Force hole and Jabba hole are both heavily worn. It appears to be filthy. Other issues already pointed out. Come on man...even if you really know nothing about pinball machines, you can't possibly think this is really perfect/never used.

#9 3 years ago

$10k by Christmas

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ajp6473:

Is this some sort of joke?

#11 3 years ago

Your photos are simply too dark to give more than a guess as to its actual condition.......so I'll say $2000 - $3200. The market has mixed feelings on this game. Seemingly huge demand, but that demand evaporates rather quickly as prices surge above $2500. I personally don't see a bona fide CQ example going over the $3200 mark.

#12 3 years ago

$2200 and a box of bulbs as it sits, would be my guess. Shopped and an LED job you could get $3k from the right buyer.
Doesn't look unused from these pics. Maybe you didn't use it but someone did in it's 23 year history.

A Mint could fetch ~$4k from a fan or collector with more money than sense.. Have the box? Add $1k. This one? List it for $2400 probably. With the movie hype, maybe a little more but not much. A good LED job is going to be $300, plus someone's time to clean it thoroughly and wax it, needs some cliffy's too..

It is a fun pin, I have a nostalgic appreciation for it but sold mine - it gets repetitive quickly as a game room piece.

Welcome to Pinside

#13 3 years ago

I'd hate to buy a "like brand new" house from this guy.

#14 3 years ago

I thought I recognized those photos.

newyork.craigslist.org link

Considering that it is *not* mint, and *assuming* it's in working order, I'd say the list price is about consistent with other examples of this title.

intage Star Wars pinball machine - $2250 (Carmel, NY)

Vintage Star Wars pinball machine

Perfect working condition Data East.... barely used and mint. Contact me with any questions. Delivery available. Located in Carmel NY

#15 3 years ago

If this is the person on Chicago CL, all they are going to do is argue how a "pinball professional" moved it the only two times it was ever moved, nothing was ever wrong with it other than a few small things...etc, etc.

I told them the area between the flippers looked blackened with pinball dust and that it probably was never cleaned properly. Argue argue argue.....fun when people think they have a gold nugget to sell.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought I recognized those photos.
newyork.craigslist.org link
Considering that it is *not* mint, and *assuming* it's in working order, I'd say the list price is about consistent with other examples of this title.

Bad description but the price is right. Probably came here after someone called out the condition when they came on site.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If this is the person on Chicago CL, all they are going to do is argue how a "pinball professional" moved it the only two times it was ever moved, nothing was ever wrong with it other than a few small things...etc, etc.
I told them the area between the flippers looked blackened with pinball dust and that it probably was never cleaned properly. Argue argue argue.....fun when people think they have a gold nugget to sell.

Speaking of Chicago CL, did you see the $2000 Safecracker that went up recently?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Speaking of Chicago CL, did you see the $2000 Safecracker that went up recently?

shut. the. front. door.

i dont even have the cash for that but id dip into my rainy day fund for that kind of find....wow.

#19 3 years ago

I'm still sticking with, if it is really that good of shape... $3,000.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I'm still sticking with, if it is really that good of shape... $3,000.

The thing is, this particular one isn't. Too much wear on the playfield to demand that price.

#22 3 years ago

Ok. If it's just an average machine, I would say $2000.

#24 3 years ago

Is it normal for this pin not to have a single insert light on during attract mode?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Is it normal for this pin not to have a single insert light on during attract mode?

There is a second or two in attract mode when all the lights are off, but that's a good point. I can't imagine that all four photos would capture that exact moment each time.

#27 3 years ago

I think they are worth more with a signed backglass. Maybe 5,500!

#28 3 years ago

Im sure the right sling plastic broke during transport...

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I think they are worth more with a signed backglass. Maybe 5,500!

To an avid star wars fan, I'm sure it was. It probably wasn't easy to get those 7 signatures together.

In any case, that simply is not the going rate for a stock DESW. Also note that the price was dropped a few times before a sold notice was posted.

#30 3 years ago

Looks a bit sad. A shed load of Comet Opmax, LED strips and some DIY spotlights and you can get these looking great.

image_(resized).jpeg

#31 3 years ago

I hear the OP is trying to set his sister, Jenna Jamison, up on date with the purchaser of this machine. He describers her as like brand new

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I hear the OP is trying to set his sister, Jenna Jamison, up on date with the purchaser of this machine. He describers her as like brand new

Unfortunately, the holes are all blown out (on this DESW).

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from ajp6473:

I am selling a DE Star Wars and dont want to do something stupid and give away somethiing that has much more value because I am a novice at this.... Whats the REAL value.... I know real estate... no tot Pinballs!!

IMG_5142_(resized).JPGIMG_5143_(resized).JPG

Sorry OP, I need more and better pictures of the entire game before I give an estimate.

#34 3 years ago

Hmmm. my spidey-sense is tingling...wonder why?

#35 3 years ago

Once you are arriving at price please tell me now. I send money from bank in Lagos quick to you!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not a $3k+ game, IMHO. The hype for the new movie has done little to move the price on this title. Take a look at the other price check thread I linked to.

Really because I just sold mine for $3k easy due to hype of movie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 399.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
North Mankato, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside