• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG0319(2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hey all,
I'm working on this DE Star Wars for a friend. The problem is when you start a game, the right flipper engages and locks in the up position. Its running the Rotten Dog flipper board. And I've tried another Rotten Dog flipper board and it does the same. I've rebuilt both flippers, thinking it might be a shorted diode, or coil. But it still locks on when the game starts... at least until the F1 burns out on the flipper board. I've looked the schematics over trying to figure out what controls the flipper board. But I'm not the best at reading schematics. Does anyone have any suggestions about where I should be looking. I don't think its a problem with the right button switch. Assuming I've set both flipper boards dip switches correctly, I think I assume the flipper board is not at fault. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#5 1 year ago

I did a complete rebuild of the flippers. So new everything including coils and diodes. So that shouldn't be the issue. Here is a pick of the new flipper board. I don't have the old one with me. Its still in the game at the place I'm fixing it. BUT this should be identical to how the switches are set. Plus this flipper board appears to be a later revision but its brand new and behaved in the exact same manner as the old one. This is the best pic I could muster with my cell phone. But I was very suspicious of the switch settings since the bank is installed upside down(i.e. switch 1 is on the far right, switch 8 is on the far left next to the 0 and 1 printed on the board. But I assumed whoever laid out the board meant for you to adjust the switch over the column to make them match. I think I tried it that way and got the same issue. Right now, I'm leaning to a transistor on the mpu being shorted on, or some wiring issue coming out of the flipper board. When I press the flipper buttons, I can see the LEDs inside the the cabinet on the flipper board light up.

KIMG0319(2) (resized).JPGKIMG0319(2) (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-wars-has-a-flipper-problem?tu=chico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.