Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200605_101116 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200605_101111 (resized).jpg

#1 15 days ago

Hey all, Looking at replacing the DMD on my DE ST. as it has become a bit crappy. I have changed the ribbon cable and re flowed the DMD. It has a couple diagonal lines missing and some funky stuff going on in the middle ,( diagonal). It is playable . A mate came over last night and did not pick the problem.....I did .. Wondering what is the best replacement options , or is there something else I can try before I fork out big bucks. Cheers

#2 15 days ago

You can find new ones at Boston Pinball in a variety of colors. You can find color ones through PinballSP and PIN2DMD but they are much more expensive. Here's the Boston Pinball one I have in my Hook, it looks great. These also use all through hole components making repair a breeze and extending longevity over many years.
IMG_20200605_101111 (resized).jpgIMG_20200605_101116 (resized).jpg

#3 14 days ago

Cheers Crash.. Are the Boston units set out complete or are they in kit form?

#4 14 days ago

They are complete plug and play units. They don't rely on high voltage and I suggest removing the 0.5A high voltage fuse from the power supply board before installing it. You also need to remove and keep your existing display ROM chip for the new display.

https://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/Data_East_Displays.htm

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 23.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside