Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE_Simpsons_Machine.jpg
DE_Simpsons_Field.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi all, I'm new here. I have always had love for pinball and my wife just bought me my first machine, a DE Simpsons in pretty good condition, 100% working order.

While trying to read up on background of the game last night, I noticed that the plastics on this machine are all blue and numbered, except for the topper. What gives? Is this a prototype blue?

I don't know the history of the machine, except that it was picked up from a local video game reseller.

DE_Simpsons_Field.jpgDE_Simpsons_Field.jpg DE_Simpsons_Machine.jpgDE_Simpsons_Machine.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I've seen machines with some of those blue plastics (like the Bart over the shooter lane), but never one with all blue like that.

#3 10 years ago

Is the protective film still on them? It looks like someone didn't remove the film.

#4 10 years ago

Ken, I thought maybe there was some sort of film on them also, but the blue appears to be on the underside of the plastics. I could be mistaken, and there could be a film on the top of these pieces, but printing line-work on top of protective film also seems a little unnecessary?

I'll pull the glass to take a closer look and post some better pictures.

#5 10 years ago

No, not film, those blue ones are out there. Even the topper has a blue version.

#6 10 years ago

I Have Seen Them On Ebay As 'Prototypes'.......

#7 10 years ago

the plastics are repros that were made to look like original prototype plastics. sell for about $30 ish on ebay

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I saw the prototype plastics on ebay, but being new to the community, I wasn't sure if they were a sought after item or cheap reproductions. Sounds like they are the latter.

After some searching, I realized that a full set of plastics for DE Simpsons will be hard to come by and pricey. But the clean work on these blue ones will give me a good starting point to make my own in the future.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from nye2k:

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I saw the prototype plastics on ebay, but being new to the community, I wasn't sure if they were a sought after item or cheap reproductions. Sounds like they are the latter.
After some searching, I realized that a full set of plastics for DE Simpsons will be hard to come by and pricey. But the clean work on these blue ones will give me a good starting point to make my own in the future.

I have an additional set I bought about 10 years ago (bought them used from Romaina). I can tell you they are impossible to find. The blues are not really desireable like you are finding out. I can save you some time on the long plastic on the right, I scanned mine if you want to make your own. You can also buy that plastic along with the slings and the El barto (basically the easy break set).... http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1084

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-with-all-blue-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.