Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The right VUK on my DE Simpsons occasionally has trouble launching the ball up into the wire ramp. I have rebuilt the VUK assembly and this has helped reduce the problem; however, it still happens occasionally. Is there any chance there could be something wrong with the coil?

Any other suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

Be sure the switch is good, and solid connections for it to switch to switch to switch to the board in the head.

I don't know why, but DE VUK's switches can weaken the kick.

LTG : )™

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

I finally had some time to dive into this. Thanks for the suggestion, I checked all the wiring on all of the switches and coils in the wiring harness and everything checked out. There is a second VUK on the game that was firing normal but on the lower ramp. I switched the two coils and now everything is working with no issues. The coil that was switched is still weaker than the other VUK coil; however, since the ramp is much lower it is not currently an issue. I looked at the info on the coils and they are exactly the same? Any other ideas as to why the one is much weaker than the other?

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Its been two weeks since I changed swapped my coils and unfortunatly today I am now experiencing the same weak VUK problem on my right VUK. The one that was swapped into the left side is still functioning OK. I have checked all connections and board terminations and see no problems. I am going to try changing the switch as the next step, any other ideas? It it odd that it worked for two weeks and now all of a sudden it is weaker like something damaged it over time ...

#5 6 years ago

I had the same issues. Once I changed all the coil sleeves and got some 220 grit sandpaper to the plungers to smooth them out (sanded same direction the part was machined), I hadn't had any more issues. Been working good for 8 months now.

#6 6 years ago

Were you having issues with multiples and had to change the coil sleeves and sand all plungers or you just did all of them as a good practice? I am wondering if I should just try this on my VUK with issues or go through all of them.

#7 6 years ago

I had the same issues as you are.
Sometimes the left kicker kicked 5 times before it kicked the ball out. Same with the right VUK as well.

#8 6 years ago

I need to do all the rest of the coils as well. My left flipper was even sticking until I did the same repair.
Mine definitely came off of a route.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside