IMG_0979 (resized).JPG
IMG_0977 (resized).JPG
100_6021 (resized).JPG
100_6030 (resized).JPG
100_6013 (resized).JPG
100_6032 (resized).JPG
100_6050 (resized).JPG
100_6017 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I picked up a Simpsons and need a little help diagnosing some problems. Some of the flashers don't work and when I put a bulb in, it flashes once and then burns out the bulb. Also, the pop bumpers, slings and coil for the right drop targets do not work. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 7 years ago

Its flashers and I am using 89 bulbs. I checked all the fuses and all good.

#7 7 years ago

I have been busy but I got the coils working. There was a broken wire on one of the pop bumpers. I still have to address the flashers. I have to do some playfield touchup on this one too. What kind of paint should I be using?

#10 7 years ago

I will get some time tomorrow to do some work but in the meantime, does anybody have or can take a pic of the Moe area in the top right and underneath the spinner on the upper left with the waterfall? Those are the areas I have to touch up and need reference.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics, mine just has a bare strip next to Moe and missing most of the quote Call for Oliver Klose-off. I have some time to work on it today. It was missing the cooling tower pop bumpers and just had regular pop bumper caps but I was able to score the kit for 3 on ebay for $50. The guy I got it from didn't even know it was supposed to have those.

#15 7 years ago

I wound up replacing all the non working flashers at the same time and now they all work, there's quite a few on Simpsons. Everything now works so on to cleaning the playfield and doing touchup.

#16 7 years ago

What does it say under 20k on the right inlane? I can't find a good pic of it.

#17 7 years ago

Before and after pics

IMG_0977 (resized).JPGIMG_0977 (resized).JPG

IMG_0979 (resized).JPGIMG_0979 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago

I wish I could take credit but a friend of mine did the touch up. I still have to clear coat it.

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

IMG_0988 (resized).JPGIMG_0988 (resized).JPG

IMG_0989 (resized).JPGIMG_0989 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#24 6 years ago

Can somebody take a pic of the 12 pin power supply connector? Mine has hacks and I want to get it connected right. When I first power up, all lights work but some of the lights stop work. Its the 4 lights in the backbox that are encased in a rectangular box and the insert lights buy the inlanes and outlanes that stop working.

1 week later
#25 6 years ago

So I replaced the power supply connector and most lights work now. There is still a few random lights that do not though. All have good connections as far as I can tell and new bulbs. Can the diode that is on a bayonet socket go bad and that cause a light to not work?

#27 6 years ago

I have three socket lights that do not work and have tried different bulbs. I am just looking to see if that diode on the base can go bad

#29 6 years ago

ok, I will try to replace the diode. Any idea what diode I should use? I have a few different ones laying around.

#31 6 years ago

I replaced the power supply connector and got all but 3 insert lights working. Initially there was 8 insert lights not working but I got 5 of them working when I replaced the connector but while trying to get the other 3 to work, the other 5 stopped working again. Can anybody tell me what wire on that connector I should be looking at or a different connector on the power supply?

#33 6 years ago

I changed the rectangular 12 terminal one. The lights that are affected are the 2 lights on the welcome to springfield sign, Lisas face, bonus hold 100k on speaker panel, one of the bowling pins and the kick back triangular one and 2 letters in millions. For a while the first four I mentioned worked but I have jiggled every wire and can't get them to come back on. I don't have the manual and the one on ipdb is not complete so I do not have a diagram of the mpu or power supply.

#35 6 years ago

I wound up replacing the connector on the cpu and all but 3 lights work now and they are random on the switch matrix. Thanks for that chart

3 weeks later
#36 6 years ago

I swapped out the light socket for one of the insert lights which is the kickback light. The light works but stays lit after the kickback is used and it should turn off. It goes on and off when in attract mode. Any ideas why it would not turn off when I hit the kickback?

#39 6 years ago

So I checked the socket and definitely had it wired properly. It turns out I had a led in there and it was ghosting heavily so I put an incandescent in there and works fine now. I now have all inserts working properly from the three. Two bad sockets and the other one worked when I reflowed the solder on the diode, it was on a light board. Thanks for everybody's help, I have everything working properly on it now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-tech-help-needed?tu=don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.