(Topic ID: 188010)

DE Simpsons Right VUK issue

By alexmogil

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexmogil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I've read about this problem before and I've tried a couple fixes but it's not enough yet. The Princess Kashmir Right Vertical Up Kicker on my DE Simpsons is crazy inconsistent. Sometimes it kicks super hard for maybe 30 or 40 straight kicks, then it can't get the ball up the wire ramp for 6-10 straight kicks. It's really inconsistent.

I've replaced the ball cup since it seemed really worn and I have smoothed down the metal plunger with 220 grit until it is very smooth as mentioned in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-weak-vuk

It wasn't that rough in the first place but I wanted to try some easier stuff first.

I have NOT changed the coil sleeves yet. I ordered some but they were not flanged. I just now ordered some flanged ones. That being said the sleeve seems to be in good shape, and the plunger seems to move very smoothly in it. The switch works great and is very responsive. The whole assembly is pretty clean. No apparent attempts to grease or oil the thing in the past.

I haven't swapped out the VUK assembly with the Bigfoot Left VUK, though I understand that's an option. I have not replaced the coil yet, although I have one on order.

It's just the inconsistency that's killing me here - so many times in a row that sucker will push the ball onto the ramp like it is brand new for 40 straight kicks, and then it gets weak for 6 kicks, then it's back to being strong again.

Does anyone have a good idea for the best plan of attack?

1 week later
#2 6 years ago

I changed the coil sleeve and the coil and it seems *better* but it still goes through these weird times where its weak and doesn't get to the ramp. Other times it fires the ball hard enough to kill someone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexmogil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-right-vuk-issue?tu=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.