Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by kguenther6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a DE Simpsons. According to the rules in the manual and rule sheet on the web to get the jackpot you start a 3 ball multiball. Then knock down the 3 bowling pin targets which lights the ramp for the jackpot. But when I get the 3 ball multiball and knock down the 3 bowling pin targets it doesn't light the jackpot on the ramp. I don't see any settings in the manual that changes this rule. I don't think it's a switch problem because you have to knock down the 3 bowling pins to light the locks to get to the 3 ball multiball. So the switches are working. And after knocking down the 3 targets I get the "Nice strike" quote. So why doesn't it activate the jackpot on the ramp? I reset setting to factory default. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

If memory serves, I thought that the jackpot was just automatically lit once multiball began. No need to qualify it or anything. Not so?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I have a DE Simpsons. According to the rules in the manual and rule sheet on the web to get the jackpot you start a 3 ball multiball. Then knock down the 3 bowling pin targets which lights the ramp for the jackpot. But when I get the 3 ball multiball and knock down the 3 bowling pin targets it doesn't light the jackpot on the ramp. I don't see any settings in the manual that changes this rule. I don't think it's a switch problem because you have to knock down the 3 bowling pins to light the locks to get to the 3 ball multiball. So the switches are working. And after knocking down the 3 targets I get the "Nice strike" quote. So why doesn't it activate the jackpot on the ramp? I reset setting to factory default. Any ideas? Thanks.

That sounds right to me... Look at settings... Take glass off and mess around

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

That sounds right to me... Look at settings... Take glass off and mess around

I'll test my theory tonight and see if I'm right.

#5 8 years ago

Just checked. Yes, the bowling pin drop targets must be knocked down first (once) in order for jackpot to be qualified. Only one jackpot per multiball allowed.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Just checked. Yes, the bowling pin drop targets must be knocked down first (once) in order for jackpot to be qualified. Only one jackpot per multiball allowed.

Oh... they have to be in order? I'll give that a try and see if it works. Thanks!!

Edit - just re-read that. I see it doesn't have to be in order. I'm not sure why mine isn't working then.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Oh... they have to be in order? I'll give that a try and see if it works. Thanks!!
Edit - just re-read that. I see it doesn't have to be in order. I'm not sure why mine isn't working then.

Are they actually registering correctly? Each one? What are the multiball difficulty settings at?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Are they actually registering correctly? Each one? What are the multiball difficulty settings at?

I checked the switches in switch test and they are working fine. Multiball difficulty is set to factory. I restored back to factory defaults again and just changed to free play and tried it again with the glass off and it still won't start the jackpot. Any other ideas from anyone? Thanks.

#9 8 years ago

I know my jackpot is working, as I earned one as recently as two weeks ago. Yet when I pull the glass and try to trigger it by hand using your method above, no dice. There's got to be some step that we're missing.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I know my jackpot is working, as I earned one as recently as two weeks ago. Yet when I pull the glass and try to trigger it by hand using your method above, no dice. There's got to be some step that we're missing.

Very interesting. I've had the pin for a few years and have never got the jackpot. I didn't know there was one until I read it just recently and started trying to get it with the glass off. I've tried a few other things like re-locking the balls, hitting the ramp a few times and a few others. If anyone knows the secret please let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-jackpot-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.