New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276131)

DE Simpsons flipper/light issues

By Norcalpin

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by PinballGiant
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Hey folks,

Last week I did my first flipper rebuild on my DE Simpsons. I took lots of pics and made sure I soldered the wires to the new coil just as the old ones were done (keeping in mind the diode direction). When I turned on the game for the first time, I noticed that one of the lights on the speaker box was extremely bright. Specifically it was the "5X" light. The pop bumper lights were also VERY bright. I tried switching bulbs, but the problem persisted. Also, after I turned off the game the pop bumper lights glowed a good 3-5 seconds even with the power off. Any suggestions to fix this?

#2 3 months ago

Measure the voltage at the lamp socket glowing so brightly. If it’s the same voltage as the solenoid circuit you must have a short somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chichester, NH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside