(Topic ID: 283913)

DE Simpsons EPROM question

By Parkshow30

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA1EC858-7B32-4334-BE69-83CE3D8D3EC8 (resized).jpeg
    66BAE3EA-A331-4DC6-AFE5-BF9BF630C5D9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider athens95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

What size are the original two eproms? And what size is the new eprom.
    I don't have the Simpsons board in front of me, but a Monday night football. In B there is a 27128 and in C there is a 27256. I am guessing the Simpsons is probably the same, assumption on my part as they are similar games built about the same time.

If they did not merge the program into a single eprom, then the size will be the same on each individual original dual eprom. If they merged them into a singl eprom it will probably be something like a 27512. It has to be a larger size if merged, if you follow. The person who sold you the eprom should be a good person to ask. If they sold you one eprom of a set of two, well, shame on them, IMO. These should be burned/replaced as a set for good measure.

Note, a lot or people re-flash crappy used eproms and re-sell them. These are usually the ones that go bad at a much higher rate, at least that is what I have found. It is extremely rare for an original eprom to go bad unless someone did something stupid to it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider athens95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-eprom-question?tu=athens95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.