Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by nutshell79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Still looking for my first pin and a DE Simpsons is up for sale close to home. Going to check it out today or tomorrow.
chicago.craigslist.org link

The backglass is starting to peal off in a few spots, what would that cost to fix or replace later on? Assuming everything else is good condition what would be a fair price to offer? Price guide says 1,175, pinside says 1,000

Also would like to hear from anyone who owned this one - repair issues, cost of parts, re-play value...

Thanks!

#2 13 years ago

At $1,500 don't waste your time. I think this is a $800 pin, some people think it's an $1,100 pin, but at the $1,500 asking price he'd have to knock about 1/3 or more off the price just to be in the realm of reasonable.

In all honesty though, I have negotiated $1,500 pins down to $375, but it was worth maybe $500 to start with

#3 13 years ago

Knock some dough off for the backglass for sure. $1500 is for a DE Simpsons with hardly any issues, which sounds like this is not the case. Take a look at all the other things in the machine.

You can replace the backglass if it looks really bad. Not sure if this place still sells them, but find out the price needed to replace it. Good info regardless, because it might factor how much you can knock the price down on the machine.

http://mayfairamusement.com/index.html

#4 13 years ago

I live next to Naperville. It is a fun pin. Not worth $1500. I would not pay over $1000.

#5 13 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Dr Bond, thanks for the link - I'll give them a call and see if they have a price for a simpsons bg. They didn't have prices posted on the website.

It's close by so at worst I'll get in a few games on a machine I haven't played in about 15 years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.