(Topic ID: 207118)

DE Playboy Not allowing me into "Expand Adjusts"

By smileymatthew

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I've got this DE playboy, working great... I CANNOT get it to free play because everytime I get through the menu and get it to "Expand Adjustments" to get to the rest of the stuff, it will not change to "YES". It stays on NO even when I hit the start button. It makes the noise like it's changing, but it never allows me in. Everything else seems to act normally within the settings for the menu and adjustments.

Anyone ever seen this before? I never have!

#2 6 years ago

Have you tried a new PROM? I've never seen it either, but I've seen a corrupted PROM cause crazy stuff like that to happen.

#3 6 years ago

That will be my next step most likely! Oddly, the rest of the games seems totally fine!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Have you tried a new PROM? I've never seen it either, but I've seen a corrupted PROM cause crazy stuff like that to happen.

I was thinking a bad RAM, myself. I did find a reference to this same problem on the same game, but there was no resolution posted. If the game has batteries have you tried replacing those?

#5 6 years ago

Bad RAM is a possibility, that's a good point. Game tries to write a value, but it isn't actually getting written for whatever reason. I'd do that if the new PROM doesn't work.

It wouldn't be a bad battery, though. The game is running off of vcc at that point.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Bad RAM is a possibility, that's a good point. Game tries to write a value, but it isn't actually getting written for whatever reason. I'd do that if the new PROM doesn't work.
It wouldn't be a bad battery, though. The game is running off of vcc at that point.

What I meant was actually to pull the battery to clear the RAM - on the off chance that it is corrupted - and then replace with a *fresh* battery. Sometimes that works on old RAM and is easy to try before replacement.

#7 6 years ago

Oh, duh. I figured that was weird, coming from you.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah, pulled batteries and did a factory reset. No change. Interesting that someone else had this same issue on this game! Might try it once more just to see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-playboy-not-allowing-me-into-expand-adjusts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.