You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0779 (resized).JPG
DSC_0776 (resized).JPG
DSC_0775 (resized).JPG
switch chart (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceckitti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So..... my new playboy started giving me “bad switch - grotto 1” all of the sudden.

The Manual says it’s right next to grotto 2..... but for the life of me I can’t find it?!?
I haven’t taken the ramps off yet, but I can see under them.

Multi ball works perfectly, which I would think the grotto is working.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does the manual have a map of switch locations ?
LTG : )

Yes, I went by the switch matrix and layout in the manual. If you look at it... Grotto switch 1 should be directly in line with Grotto switch 2 (which i dont understand why the Grotto would need 2 switches.... the 2nd ball doesnt lock there, it stays in the VUK until the 3rd ball completes a ramp).
But on my game... I can clearly see "grotto switch 2" and when I physically close it... it shows up in the test. But... there is no other switches next to it.

Im lost lol

switch chart (resized).JPGswitch chart (resized).JPG
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Isn’t grotto 1 the roll over switch under the playfield that activates grotto 2(the kicker)?

If im thinking right... Grotto 2 is in the saucer for the kickout. But when I hit the switch ahead of it.. it was reading as Grotto 2. Unless im just batshit crazy lol. Ill pull the glass and check again.

#6 3 years ago

I just checked again.... and the layout map appears to be incorrect. When activated in switch test....What is listed as "Grotto" 1 is in fact "Grotto 2". And what is listed as "Grotto 2" is just a VUK with no switch attached to it.

So I have no idea where Grotto 1 switch is and why the game gives an error for it. (but.... I did a factory reset and the error went away. Wanted to see if it came back again).

#8 3 years ago

UPDATE!!! I found it!!!!

Grotto 1 is right where it is supposed to be according the map in the manual. The reason I missed it is because its not a standard wire type switch. Its a tiny rollover switch mounted to the wall of the lane leading into the grotto VUK. I had to twist and turn my head and body to get the right angle to see it under the ramp. I was able to push it with my finger and got it to activate, so it works. Just needs a little adjustment.

If i can get a pic of it ill post it.

2 months later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Merfy:

Did switch test and it did not register. Used switch matrix to check that all other switches in the colour sequence of both wires all registered, Grotto 1 is the only one not registering. Have ordered new switch. Now to replace it looks like i need to dismantle the ramps on the playing field to be able to access the switch (even to adjust it) as its not accessible from underneath. Any tips on how I should approach this?

The switch i was having issues with was the one before the grotto saucer. Its listed as Grotto 2. Its actually mounted on the "rail" leading to the saucer.

I just messed with it a little and it started working. I assume it was because the game sat unplayed for years when I got it. And just needed the dust knocked off.

Im about to tear mine down here in a week or so and would be able to help more then with how to attack the saucer switch.

1 month later
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

The switch i was having issues with was the one before the grotto saucer. Its listed as Grotto 2. Its actually mounted on the "rail" leading to the saucer.
I just messed with it a little and it started working. I assume it was because the game sat unplayed for years when I got it. And just needed the dust knocked off.
Im about to tear mine down here in a week or so and would be able to help more then with how to attack the saucer switch.

Finally got around to tearing it apart this weekend. Here are a few pics of the switch. Its not easy to get to, but not terribly hard either. The ramps totally block it.

DSC_0775 (resized).JPGDSC_0775 (resized).JPGDSC_0776 (resized).JPGDSC_0776 (resized).JPGDSC_0779 (resized).JPGDSC_0779 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceckitti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-playboy-grotto-switch-1?tu=Ceckitti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.