3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BD0C929E-22D2-4C7D-B3C4-D407206FDA5E (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I noticed on the Phantom of the opera there’s a rotating metal bracket (blue arrow in pic) that the ball hits under the organ metal hood. On this game it’s binds up and gets on the wrong side of the bracket. and then of course the motor jams since the organ cannot close.

Please look at this picture. For the life of me I can’t figure out what is broken or missing. It sure seems like somethings wrong here. Looking at the manual didn’t provide any hints. And I couldn’t find any other pictures anywhere on the web

Thanks!

BD0C929E-22D2-4C7D-B3C4-D407206FDA5E (resized).jpegBD0C929E-22D2-4C7D-B3C4-D407206FDA5E (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

To answer my own question... under that inside foil decal there's a bent piece of clear plastic. That broke, and the rotating metal deflector (blue arrow) would swing up, and prevent the organ from closing (and jamming the motor.) So how do you fix this?

Remove the organ cover and drill out the two rivet to release the plastic. I cut a new one from Lexan, and using the edge of the workbench and a torch, bent the new plastic (to match the old broken piece.) Then this can be re-riveting to the organ cover.

But that's not where it ends... also welded about a 3/8" length of steel to the bottom of the rotating metal deflector. This gives the deflector more bottom weight, so it's impossible for it to over rotate and get caught behind the pivot point. And if that did somehow happen, there's enough angle that the organ cover will rotate the metal deflector back into place.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-phantom-opera-organ-question?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.