Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A4C850A2-B552-4CED-954D-A19A7735976A.png
#1 3 years ago

Hi there, I just got a 6264 nvram chip and installed in my DE Star Wars pin but it doesn’t save anything. I take the batteries out and it says open the door. Go through the settings and make it free play then turn it off and back on and it’s all reset again.

Is there something I am doing wrong here or missing? Any help would be much appreciated.

#3 3 years ago

Sometimes you need to start nvram with batteries installed . Once it is started up you can remove the batteries.

#4 3 years ago

Once you make the free play change, you need to continue through the adjustments menu until the game resets. After the game resets and you see free play, then you can turn it off and on to see it saved it.

#5 3 years ago

Yes it is right side in.

So put the batteries back in, start up, do my adjustments then take batteries out while it’s turned on?

Yes I go through to the end to save, it resets and shows free play and then I turn it off and back on again but it resets to insert coins

#6 3 years ago

Do I need to add or remove any jumpers? I saw something about D23 beside the battery holder but can’t remember.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Enki:

I saw something about D23 beside the battery holder but can’t remember.

Are you thinking of D25 mentioned in the Pinwiki about a different solution? I don’t think it applies to NVRAM.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Installing_a_Memory_Capacitor_Instead_of_Batteries

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are you thinking of D25 mentioned in the Pinwiki about a different solution? I don’t think it applies to NVRAM.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Installing_a_Memory_Capacitor_Instead_of_Batteries

Yes that’s what I read, glad I didn’t do that then if it’s not needed. I just want it to save my settings without the bloody batteries

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Enki:

Yes it is right side in.
So put the batteries back in, start up, do my adjustments then take batteries out while it’s turned on?
Yes I go through to the end to save, it resets and shows free play and then I turn it off and back on again but it resets to insert coins

I never had that issue with NVRAM. There is no jumper change. Maybe you bought an SRAM that requires batteries? Can you link to what you purchased?

#10 3 years ago
A4C850A2-B552-4CED-954D-A19A7735976A.pngA4C850A2-B552-4CED-954D-A19A7735976A.png
#11 3 years ago

Sorry. That is a regular RAM requiring batteries. Nothing is mentioned about it being NVRAM and it not needing batteries.

#12 3 years ago

Yeah, just from looking at the photo you can tell it's not NVRAM.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sorry. That is a regular RAM requiring batteries. Nothing is mentioned about it being NVRAM and it not needing batteries.

Ok thank you

#14 3 years ago

Since you are in the UK, I hope this one is close enough to you for shipping. https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/nvram-6264/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-nvram-install?hl=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.