Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A4C850A2-B552-4CED-954D-A19A7735976A.png

#1 3 days ago

Hi there, I just got a 6264 nvram chip and installed in my DE Star Wars pin but it doesn’t save anything. I take the batteries out and it says open the door. Go through the settings and make it free play then turn it off and back on and it’s all reset again.

Is there something I am doing wrong here or missing? Any help would be much appreciated.

#3 3 days ago

Sometimes you need to start nvram with batteries installed . Once it is started up you can remove the batteries.

#4 3 days ago

Once you make the free play change, you need to continue through the adjustments menu until the game resets. After the game resets and you see free play, then you can turn it off and on to see it saved it.

#5 3 days ago

Yes it is right side in.

So put the batteries back in, start up, do my adjustments then take batteries out while it’s turned on?

Yes I go through to the end to save, it resets and shows free play and then I turn it off and back on again but it resets to insert coins

#6 3 days ago

Do I need to add or remove any jumpers? I saw something about D23 beside the battery holder but can’t remember.

#7 3 days ago
Quoted from Enki:

I saw something about D23 beside the battery holder but can’t remember.

Are you thinking of D25 mentioned in the Pinwiki about a different solution? I don’t think it applies to NVRAM.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Installing_a_Memory_Capacitor_Instead_of_Batteries

#8 3 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are you thinking of D25 mentioned in the Pinwiki about a different solution? I don’t think it applies to NVRAM.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Installing_a_Memory_Capacitor_Instead_of_Batteries

Yes that’s what I read, glad I didn’t do that then if it’s not needed. I just want it to save my settings without the bloody batteries

#9 3 days ago
Quoted from Enki:

Yes it is right side in.
So put the batteries back in, start up, do my adjustments then take batteries out while it’s turned on?
Yes I go through to the end to save, it resets and shows free play and then I turn it off and back on again but it resets to insert coins

I never had that issue with NVRAM. There is no jumper change. Maybe you bought an SRAM that requires batteries? Can you link to what you purchased?

#10 3 days ago
A4C850A2-B552-4CED-954D-A19A7735976A.png
#11 3 days ago

Sorry. That is a regular RAM requiring batteries. Nothing is mentioned about it being NVRAM and it not needing batteries.

#12 3 days ago

Yeah, just from looking at the photo you can tell it's not NVRAM.

#13 3 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sorry. That is a regular RAM requiring batteries. Nothing is mentioned about it being NVRAM and it not needing batteries.

Ok thank you

#14 2 days ago

Since you are in the UK, I hope this one is close enough to you for shipping. https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/nvram-6264/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside