Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MES
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

TFTC lazer kicker locking on. Blowing F5 and Q4. Take fuse out put into test coil mode. Right and left flipper buttons activate lazer kicker. Q13 on CPU checks out. Lazer kicker coil is new. Is this a relay ground issue? Any help much appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Really could use a place to start from. I've seen this issue here before, but can't find it using the search function.

#5 9 years ago

I will dig a little deeper into it today and look for any shorts. I'm pretty sure I soldered the new coil with the wires on the same lugs as the old one, but maybe that wasn't done right at one time? Could the wires on the coil being reversed be causing these kinds of issues? I was so close to having this game working! Thanks for the ideas.

#7 9 years ago

Power wire is on banded side of coil. Did find that the resistor at R16 is bad. Going to replace that and Q4 tomorrow. Will report back if that works. Fingers crossed

#9 9 years ago

All switches tested good. Did a switch test too and never got 2 active when I went through them one by one. Closed switches came up for ball trough and tombstone up I think. Checked the wiring for the kicker just in case it was touching a flipper component and all clear. The only weird thing that happened in diagnostics was the coil test which the flippers activated the kicker when selecting the coil to test. Going to replace the resistor and Q4 and see what happens. Should know tomorrow or back to square one.

1 month later
#11 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I found my solution. A new XPIN PSB took care of a lot of weird things. The laser kicker turned out to be a bad resistor in front of the Tip36c on the driver board. So far so good. Replaced the Tip36c too, again. Fingers crossed, everything is good. Check your resistors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-lazer-kicker-problem?tu=MES and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.