• Latest reply 3 years ago by scootss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D8973C6-9428-4E6B-93BE-F0205D97E111 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

First issue: none of the pop bumpers were registering, and the bottom one would issue a tilt warning rather than firing.

I reseated all connectors for good measure, after which the flippers stopped working.

The fuses all show continuity, and I don’t see any burnt connectors.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from HeyItsMeDusty:

First issue: none of the pop bumpers were registering, and the bottom one would issue a tilt warning rather than firing.

I would start with a switch test. Using your switch matrix chart on page 17 in the manual and the switch matrix general troubleshooting process at the Pinwiki https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#The_Switch_Matrix

Determine if the MPU is reading inputs correctly. If so, your issue is in the playfield.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I would start with a switch test. Using your switch matrix chart on page 17 in the manual and the switch matrix general troubleshooting process at the Pinwiki https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#The_Switch_Matrix
Determine if the MPU is reading inputs correctly. If so, your issue is in the playfield.

Thank you, great start. I'll do this and post back my results.

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

So after pulling all my hair out, I finally found that lifting and lowering the playfield would solve the problem sometimes. Turns out there were worn spots in the wire insulation from being caught while lifting and lowering the playfield!

I put some heat shrink on the wires, and all is well again!

9D8973C6-9428-4E6B-93BE-F0205D97E111 (resized).jpeg9D8973C6-9428-4E6B-93BE-F0205D97E111 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5 3 years ago

Ah, I'm having a very similar problem. I should check out my harness too.

1 month later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Ah, I'm having a very similar problem. I should check out my harness too.

Did it end up being the harness?

#7 3 years ago

Regarding heat shrinking...when you have a worn spot like this, where presumably it would be hard to disconnect/desolder everything, slide on the shrink, and reconnect/resolder...how do you put the shrink on? Can you slice the shrink, wrap it around, and then heat it?

I have one spot that is in a very tough to access location. As of now, it is has electrical tape around it, but I would love to get shrink around it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-laser-war-need-help-w-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.