You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200602_183615 (resized).jpg
20200602_183609 (resized).jpg
20200602_183603 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hoping someone can help out quickly and check something on their JP for me. Long story short I am sorting out some power supply issues on my game. The game (apparently) lost 5v and when I turned it on it locked on the right VUK coil. I didn't notice anything else at the time but now I have the power supply out of my game and noticed that the T-Rex is in the down position. If I manually move it to the up position with the game off it moves pretty easily and then falls back to the down position. If I move it left to right, I can feel a bit of resistance in the mechanism which is how it always was.

I don't recall the T-Rex ever being in the down position with the game off before and am wondering if there is something I need to be concerned about or look at there as well. I feel like it is usually in the up position when the game is off and doesn't naturally return to the down position. Maybe something mechanical? I'm hoping the motor also didn't lock on with the VUK and I just didn't notice.

#2 3 years ago

I can move the trex up and down with no resistance when the game is off. The bar with the spring attached
moves freely around the "nub" that is attached to the motor and the trex moves up and down but the motor never tries to "engage" or provide me any resistance from it moving.

My buddy confirmed for me that this does not happen on his game and he can't move his by hand. Is there something that is supposed to be attached to the up/down part of the assembly that I am missing? Hopefully these pictures help.

20200602_183603 (resized).jpg20200602_183603 (resized).jpg20200602_183609 (resized).jpg20200602_183609 (resized).jpg20200602_183615 (resized).jpg20200602_183615 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

It looks like the cover for the motor is missing, so what happens when you turn it by hand will it go back up?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from grumppy:

It looks like the cover for the motor is missing, so what happens when you turn it by hand will it go back up?

Yeah, it moves up and down by hand pretty easily. I dont think the cover was ever there if there is supposed to be one...

#5 3 years ago

They come with a cover on the motor, it not being there won't stop it from working. Wondering if it was moving when you shut it off and it stopped in the down position. So if you turn the motor by hand it may make Rex stand back up. The Motor is controlled thru a relay, so it should be fine once it has power.

#6 3 years ago

I hope so, it just seems odd to me I can move mine up and down freely...I feel like with the power off I should feel the resistance from the motor from any position but maybe I am over thinking it. My buddy isn't able to move his which is what is making me concerned. Once I get the power sorted back this week I'll know for sure I guess.

#7 3 years ago

Been trying to adjust mine. It has same resistance as yours. Swap gear boxes with yr buddy to see.

#8 3 years ago

Same resistance as your friends I meant to say

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-jurassic-park-t-rex-position-question?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.