Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

565-0029-01 (resized).jpg
JP_under_playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

It's a pain. Things happen so fast, you can't really see what's happening to it, and it's just in a hard area to see anyways.

I had the same issue. Ball would sometimes not make it all the way up, and sometimes roll back in the subway like the OP shows. I tried flattening out the subway, but it still happens once maybe every 100 tries. So not very often.

For me, my issue is due to the subway mounting tabs breaking off. A previous owner riveted new metal tabs to mount, and the ball would hit one of those rivots on the way up, causing it to lose momentum, or shift the momentum so that it just had no angle to continue through the ramp.

I sanded the rivot down until it was nearly flush with the plastic. That helped for a while, but then it started to have issues again. Then I discovered the way the subway was mounted was shifted over just a tiny bit. So the ball was also hitting a lip on the subway itself. So I sanded that back.

I'd start by rebuilding the coil first. Replace the core, the cradle, and the core sleeve. If that doesn't fix it, inspect the path for any obstructions. Any overhang of anything. Even the smallest, insignificant obstructions. Then, try to take a close look at the wireform and you may need to slightly reposition it. It can move a couple mm's, and that's most likely all it will need.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Reopening this thread after a bit, as I have a similar issue. My problem is related to the ball not always firing up to the right flipper. Most of the time it does, but occasionally it just sits there underneath the playfield and doesn't fire up until the machine goes through it's entire switch cycle while it looks for the lost ball.
I can see through the glass that the ball is there, so it's defiitely not getting stuck in the subway, and the ball always fires when the switch is triggered - it just seems like it's not always recognizing that there's a ball there?

Well shoot. I just re-read this. Sounds like you may just need to replace the switch that gets triggered when the ball is in the cradle.

So the ball cradle is mounted on the core so that it moves up and down. There's a spring that pushes it out, but when a ball sits on it, it pushes down onto an arm connected to a switch. Inspect that.

My guess is a wire just broke loose. Look for a wire, and solder it back on. If that's not it.

Make sure that when the cradle is down, it engages that switch. If not, figure out what you need to do to it. Also run a test and see if the coil fires manually by hand with that switch. If not, it's time to replace, or maybe is just looks fine, but you may have a cold solder joint.

That's my guess at what's going on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-jurassic-park-ball-getting-stuck-lower-subway-tube?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.