Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by shirkle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3E970343-E5DC-4FA3-A3D2-BDDEC0548B32 (resized).png
CBF29A53-E3E4-4062-9326-3E3FC4BB6853 (resized).png

#1 7 days ago

I was doing some work on it and I guess when I lowered the playfield i pinched and exposed some of the wire to the auto launch coil and it no longer worked. Figured that was the reason so I spliced and reconnected it, but still nothing. Then I noticed the VUK wasn’t working either so I did a diagnostics run and yep, neither of them would activate on the coil test. Checked all switches just to be sure and everything was registering. Next I checked all of the fuses using my multimeter and they seemed good (is F5 the fuse used for both of them? Not the best when it comes to electrical work). Hopefully there is a simple solution, but I’m at a loss currently. Any suggestions?

#2 7 days ago

When you checked fuses(F5 or F6, I can't remember), did you pull them from the holder or check them still in the holder? If in the holder, you can sometimes get false "good" reading on those.

If the fuse is good, then I would move on to checking the driver transistors. Q44 & Q5 are associated with the Auto Launch, and Q42 & Q3 with the VUK.

#3 7 days ago

Looks like f5 is the correct one based on the pic(?) so I went ahead and replaced it, but still nothing so I guess it’s not the fuse... noob question as I’ve never tested transistors before, but which setting do I put it on for the multimeter?

3E970343-E5DC-4FA3-A3D2-BDDEC0548B32 (resized).pngCBF29A53-E3E4-4062-9326-3E3FC4BB6853 (resized).png
#4 7 days ago

Before getting into testing the transistors, did you check the fuses on both boards- PPB and the Power Supply board?

#5 7 days ago

Which one? Everything else works and from looking at the schematic I can’t tell if there is a specific fuse that’s dedicated to the auto launch and vuk.

#6 7 days ago

Check fuses 5 & 6 on the Power Supply board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside