• Latest reply 10 months ago by ethan1082
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7AB98E01-57FE-4032-9D35-C2A007D3569E (resized).jpeg
#1 11 months ago

Not every ball but periodically I have a problem where when you lose a ball there is a relatively long delay until the next begins. On occasion the color dmd is even completely dark. Feels like it is more frequent than it used to be. An example video attached. Drained and waiting. Any suggestions appreciated. Wondering if there is some sort of watchdog timer gone rogue. Error in the eeprom? Who knows? Thank you.

LINK to video because it didn't let me attach http://ehoward.alyrica.net/files/20230507_171837.mp4

#2 11 months ago

I want to mention this does have a pinsound (not sure how anyone can possibly stand factory on this game), color dmd, a replacement flipper board but I forget which. And an nvram which I also don't remember the type and will have to check.

Oh and the original pinwoofer kit with 8 inch sub which is also EPIC when combined with the pinsound and movie clips. But I don't think that is related to my issue.

#3 11 months ago

Have you tried doing a factory reset? Sometimes that can fix small issues like this.

#4 11 months ago

Possibly magnetized balls or divots in the trough making them hang up?

#5 11 months ago

How are you powering all of those add-ons? If DMD is dropping could be an issue. When I had mine, I installed a secondary power supply to run all of the mods and never had an issue.

#6 11 months ago

Run a switch test, let a ball drain and monitor switch activation. You may have a switch not registering or not fully closing. I've had switches get out of position where it took a little shake to get the ball to fully trigger a switch.

#7 11 months ago

Take a look at the ball lock/kick out switch on the trough. I’ve noticed on a few DE games I’ve owned, that if that switch isn’t adjusted correctly, there’ll be a delay kicking the ball out to the shooter lane.

Heads up. That switch arm is usually pretty flimsy. Don’t know if it was factory or just from 30 years of abuse. But be careful if you’re making an adjustment.

#8 11 months ago

Thanks for the quick replies.

Color dmd is powered by factory connection iirc. The Subwoofer and audio amps are powered by an additional DC supply which ties in at the ac switch. I think the pinsound board uses the factory connection too but I don't remember.

I will try a factory reset next chance I get.

I was not suspecting ball trough switches because the ball in play does appear to end immediately. I can look at that though. Sounds like there is one more between the main trough and the shooter lane to check too?

#9 11 months ago

This is the switch I’m talking about. My JP had a slower than what I would call usual kickout process when kicking a ball out to the shooter lane. Not exactly what you’re describing though.

The switch arm might need a tweak or the screws tightened on the switch itself to the trough. Worth a look. The ball might be in a divot and slowing closing the switch. I’d check for broken diodes while you’re under there too

7AB98E01-57FE-4032-9D35-C2A007D3569E (resized).jpeg7AB98E01-57FE-4032-9D35-C2A007D3569E (resized).jpeg

#10 11 months ago

Yep I'll be sure to check that. I don't think I have heard balls "click" into place as if they were stuck but it could be right on the edge. I need to get a switch for the vuk as well.

This machine is at a buddies house at the moment but I'll check it in a couple weeks and get back to you guys.

1 month later
#11 10 months ago

Did a factory reset and examined the switches in the ball switch assembly. Nothing obvious. We will just have to see if the reset resolved it after some plays.

By the way on my particular machine I had to short eos to solve some flipper crapping out situations. I had tried new eos and the (aftermarket) flipper board was registering button presses. Finally got fed up and shorted them and now it seems fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-jp-delay-between-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.