• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 5 years ago

Need some help please. My right flipper on Hook stopped working (started by being weak then hanging up for a second, now just dead). Thought it was the flipper board, replaced that with a pinled board. No change, tried a new coil, no change, tried jumping the button/switch, no change. Does not show up on switch test when pressed either. It does light the led on the flipper board when pressed though. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks much!

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Need some help please. My right flipper on Hook stopped working (started by being weak then hanging up for a second, now just dead). Thought it was the flipper board, replaced that with a pinled board. No change, tried a new coil, no change, tried jumping the button/switch, no change. Does not show up on switch test when pressed either. It does light the led on the flipper board when pressed though. Any ideas what to try next? Thanks much!

Try cleaning the contacts. Use a business card or piece of paper

#3 5 years ago

Thank you for the reply! I will try clean the leaf switch contacts but I'm thinking since I tried jummpering the switch altogether with no luck, I ruled the flipper switch out.

#4 5 years ago

Bump. Anyone have any other ideas on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 5 years ago

Bump...

3 weeks later
#6 5 years ago

Bump. Still stumped here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#7 5 years ago

Try reseating all connectors in the back box. Check the wires from the flipper board to the right flipper switch use a multi meter to test wires.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-hook-right-flipper-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.