(Topic ID: 288223)

DE head twist lock jammed

By JohnBillerman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210217_235956 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

The twist style head lock appears a simple and elegant mechanism, with its hex wrench companion. Tonight, after some simple maintenance on my JP, the lock will not rotate, except for a very little bit. Suggestions?

20210217_235956 (resized).jpg20210217_235956 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Not sure if a little WD40 would help?

#3 3 years ago

Can you post a pic looking down into it from above?

Is the box square or have the side been pinched in a bit? It's softish sheet metal.

RussM

#4 3 years ago

The indentation visible on the front (and correspondingly on the back) creates a bump on the interior which provides the ratchetting feel/function for the lock.

My next step is to go ahead and pry it apart a bit to see if those ridges are causing the binding.

#5 3 years ago

Have you tried lightly pulling or pushing the backbox while attempting to rotate the lock? I could swear i ran into this same problem on a friend's DE game recently and that was the trick.

Good luck!

#6 3 years ago

I was able to manhandle it past whatever was holding it up and now it's moving freely.

I think I must have overextended it while trying to latch it. (I was trying to secure a glare guard under the head and it wouldn't catch.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-head-twist-lock-jammed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.