Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Stern_Flippers.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Fixing a friends BTTF. Flipper coils are correct but the ball goes all over the place with bounces. What is the next coil down for a DE pin? Anyone do this with good results. Thx

#2 7 years ago

What kind of rubber do you have in the machine. Not just flipper rubber. I had super bands posts in mine. After replacing those, the ball doesn't jump any more.

#3 7 years ago

Regular white. Friend Said always too strong since he got game years ago.

1 month later
#4 7 years ago

Bumping this. Anyone have a list of de coil strength. Need to go one weaker. Thx

#5 7 years ago

Less ohms means more power. Higher ohms means less power.

Stern_Flippers.JPGStern_Flippers.JPG

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Less ohms means more power. Higher ohms means less power.

Thx cactus. I'm too adhd to understand that chart. I need a coil number from pinball life

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Russ.

#9 7 years ago

Russ if wanted to reduce power buy like 10 percent what coil would you try ? Thx

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Russ if wanted to reduce power buy like 10 percent what coil would you try ? Thx

What flipper coils are in your game now?

RM

#11 7 years ago

These. 23-900

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12 7 years ago

OK, 23-900 means 23 gauge wire and 900 turns of that wire in the coil

23-900 (090-5020-30) is 4.05 Ohms resistance, so you will want a higher-ohm coil (less power)

23-1100 (23 gauge wire and 1100 turns) 090-5030 is 5.1 Ohms so how about giving those a try?

Make sure you get the ones with diodes and make sure the right wires are on the right lugs.

RM

#13 7 years ago

thanks russ...will do. I'm pretty sure wires are correct....is there a pic of correct wires? I just copied what was on there before.

#14 7 years ago

Always mark wires before removing them: e.g. "BAND" "NO BAND" (i.e. banded end of diode vs unbanded end) or whatever works for you because getting it wrong can blow the transistor or the diode or both (Fun to fix! not.)

RM

#15 7 years ago

I take pic with phone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-flippers-too-strong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.