• Latest reply 9 years ago by jibmums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_5478.JPG
100_5477.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've lucked out so far with my pins having minimal-to-no battery leak damage, but the under-the-playfield flipper board on my Simpsons looks like some components have a little corrosion, I think it must be due to being from a house near the beach and the humidity in the air. You can see in the pix the corrosion on the fuse holders, the transistor behind them, and then on the legs of the chip. There's a little elsewhere but this is the worst of it. Since this is not due to battery acid/alkali, will this board be ok with just some cleanup? What would be most effective in removing this? I will likely have to replace at least one of the fuse holders, is this one from Marco a viable replacement (I don't see any ratings on it like I did at Radio Shack's site) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/FHPCBGMA

100_5477.JPG100_5477.JPG
100_5478.JPG100_5478.JPG

#4 9 years ago

The machine booted into attract mode but wouldn't start a game when I picked it up, so no idea if it works, but I have no reason to expect it shouldn't. Would like to clean that crap off though, especially the chip where it looks like it might cause a short.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-flipper-board-is-this-salvable?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.