4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by crazi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I have got this DE CPU board I'm repairing. I have fixed a few faults and got it booting and when in the machine everything working good.

The problem is "sometimes" when you boot "all 3 LED's come on and stay on". Then if you turn off and on again it tends to boot fine. It's just if that happens in the game all solenoids fire at once as you turn on! Scared the bejesus out of me...lol

Thoughts on what might cause intermittent boot?

Would it be the Blanking circuit? or Reset Circuit and if so where to start? I'm thinking Blanking but....

#4 4 years ago

The machine is good. This is a spare board I'm fixing. Yes it has some acid damage. I neutralised it and cleaned it up as best as possible but im just about to replace the 555 anyway as I reckon it's the Blanking circuit

#6 4 years ago

Replaced the 555 and sanded down the tracks in the Blanking circuit - cleaned with alcohol - and new resistors put back in.

All seems to be working well. Have booted on the bench about 50 times and in the machine about 10 and worked great every time... sorted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-cpu-sometimes-all-3-led-s-come-on-during-boot?tu=crazi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.