New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 115038)

D&D several solenoids out.

By atariaction

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by atariaction
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

006.jpg
001.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Just picked up a D&D. Several coils are not working. Checked/replaced all bad fuses. Says control board must flash 9 times to be working properly but it only flashes 6 or 7 times. Not sure. Was hard to tell. See pic of test sequence. So that is where I'm at. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

001.JPG

#2 5 years ago

nothing? is this game to obscure?

#3 5 years ago

What do you mean that they aren't working? Are they not firing at all or are the wrong ones firing?

You do need 9 flashes so it is important to figure out how many you are getting.

#4 5 years ago

3 aren't firing. the 2 lock mechs and the drop target reset. will have to check number of flashes. machine at my neighbors (i ran out of room

#5 5 years ago

OK just ran some tests. The suspect coils do NOT fire in solenoid test. The co-responding switches are working in switch test from what I was able to test. The suspect coils are all getting almost no voltage and the working coils are getting about 45 volts.

Non-working coils read as follows

Drops 17 J06-05

Lair LT 18 J09-01

Lair RT 19 J09-02

Teleport left 20 J09-03

Teleport right 21 J09-04 this one is intermittent

Top bumper 11 J06-01

Left bumper 12 J06-02

Right bumper 13 J06-03

Bottom bumper 14 J06-04 this bumper actually works fine but it is on the same connector it seems so I thought that was strange?

I reseated connectors J6 and J9 on the board but that did nothing. So do you think this is likely a transistor(s) problem?

Also I'm sure I was reading the LED sequence on the wrong board. The LED sequence on the other board is perfect and correct.

#6 5 years ago

probably a failed transistor from what you say. check the corresponding Qx, and associated diodes.

might want to check if a wire isnt cut somewhere, like the common wire for these coils, sounds like too many coils failing to me.

#7 5 years ago

Well the culprit was found. wire off the daisy chain! all solenoids now working!

006.jpg
#8 5 years ago

archaik you were right

#9 5 years ago

see, told you ^^

now you can go kill the dragon

#10 5 years ago

Hells Yea!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 137.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Green Bay, WI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.00
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port St. Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Waltham, MA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Cobra Amusements
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside