(Topic ID: 68732)

DD Gottlieb system 80a error code...help me figure it out ?

By 1452spunky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 1452spunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

429AB17E-F605-4DDC-9595-7CFC157C4621.PNG
ball save lane.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prmailers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

There's a switch (or should be) the drop target assembly that closes when all the drops are down. Check to make sure the contacts are clean, and that is making good contact when closed.

To test it, manually drop the targets (playfield up, game on), then press the switch contacts together with your finger.

See if the lane light stays on.

I had this same issue on a gottlieb EM. Different tech, but same rules apply.

#11 10 years ago

Glad it worked out.

To clean the contacts, just use a business card. Slip a piece of it between the contacts, press them together, and rub back and forth. You should see black stuff on the card that gets removed from the contacts.

If you use anything abrasive you'll damage the contacts.

If the gap between the contacts is too wide you can bend the leaf blades slightly so that they are closer together. There's a special tool you can get to do it, but you can do it by hand, just takes a little practice.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Prmailers,
You hit the nail on the head !!! I located those little relay switches right near the back of the underside of the playfield, now I just have to figure out why it doesn't stay...I heard I have to be careful cleaning contacts ? Or can I just run a bit of fine sandpaper in between them ?
Thank you soooo much for responding and pointing me in the correct direction...I hate when machines act up, but I use it as a learning opportunity, to make me a better tech...although I hate not being able to play during this time...lol

I was referring to the switch on the back of themdrop target assembly, not the under playfield relays.

There should be a leaf switch on the back of the drop target assemble that lets the cpu know that all drops are down.

As for the "error" code, are you sure it displays when you run test 17? As far as i know, the only test that returns codes in the player displays is test 20.

See attached pic...

429AB17E-F605-4DDC-9595-7CFC157C4621.PNG429AB17E-F605-4DDC-9595-7CFC157C4621.PNG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 49.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prmailers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dd-gottlieb-system-80a-error-codehelp-me-figure-it-out?tu=prmailers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.