(Topic ID: 68732)

DD Gottlieb system 80a error code...help me figure it out ?

By 1452spunky

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 1452spunky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

429AB17E-F605-4DDC-9595-7CFC157C4621.PNG
ball save lane.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1452spunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a great Devils dare, most under rated machine out there...anyway, there is a "ball save" lane that lights up after completing various target drops and so forth.
When playing, and completing a target drop, the light quickly comes on, but then resets immediately ( this is a one time shot to save your ball and resets if the feature is used, then can be put back on again, by another completion.

Ok, sorry for all the details, but they might help.

I have checked the most obvious things....the bulb is fine, its the feature that keeps resetting itself, the contacts that normally reset the feature are fine...

Onto the sys80a diagnosis ( by the way, all the ground mods and things were done already)
in using the internal testing, when I get to test #17 ( Solenoid test), I watch it go through its paces and I get a code
up top, this is really the question. In the player 1 window, just a 7 is displayed, but in player 2 a 43 40 is displayed...

I am only guessing this is where my issue lies and I have no idea how to follow this code. I have the manual and full schematics, but I am still learning this hobby and want to pinpoint it myself to learn, fixing is another thing.

I ran #18 thru fine (switch test ) 99 displayed
I ran #19 thru fine as well

Hope this narrows it down for someone to point me in the right direction.

TIA

Jim

ball save lane.JPG
#3 7 years ago

I will NEVER get rid of this game !! It is the most under rated game out there for the price !! Me and my buddy play it quite a bit and STILL trying to find a center plastic for it...

Do you still have any machines ? Do you still live in Det ?

Jim

#5 7 years ago

Hahaha, you started my new obsession !! I only have room for 3, so I restored a Flash Gordon ( that took me 6 months or more) and I have a Wizard by Bally...I have bought and sold at least 4 other machines since then, to help pay for my obsession...I got into jukeboxes as well, thanks to you !!! : )

Me and my Son love it ( well, mostly me), but the DD is my pride and joy for sure. Look at my profile for some pics.

I checked the contacts for the button and that was not the issue.

I had my Son hold the button in while I made the ball save come on a few times and that seemed to fix it !! Maybe I set something ? ? Then, 20 mins into play, back to the same problem...sigh

Maybe the relay solenoid is on last legs or something like that...I am still diggin

#6 7 years ago

I really hope to get someone to help me decipher this code and point me in the right direction...

#9 7 years ago

Prmailers,

You hit the nail on the head !!! I located those little relay switches right near the back of the underside of the playfield, now I just have to figure out why it doesn't stay...I heard I have to be careful cleaning contacts ? Or can I just run a bit of fine sandpaper in between them ?

Thank you soooo much for responding and pointing me in the correct direction...I hate when machines act up, but I use it as a learning opportunity, to make me a better tech...although I hate not being able to play during this time...lol

#10 7 years ago

Gerry,

Thats ok, based on what I have found, the diagnostics don't seem to be needed now, just got to figure out what this issue is with this relay switch thingy ma bob...

Its ok, I am Canadian..... : )

#12 7 years ago

It hasn't worked out....lol

I found the relay, and could make it work...I would test it 10 or 15 times, then it would stop working...
I looked for loose wires, bad solders...I have spent 2 days trying to narrow this down. I am no expert, but I tested the most obvious things, like making sure the coil for the relay was good, resistance, ect ect...

I still get the error code, now that its not working again...whe it was temp working, the error code was there....

Is there any other ideas of what to look for or to do ?

#14 7 years ago

Ok, well, I give up. I am not savvy enough with a multimeter and schematics...

Now, none of my PF illumination lights are working...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 26.95
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 249.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 88.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1452spunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside