(Topic ID: 327740)

DCS A-16917 Missing Sounds / Volume Control issue

By The_Pump_House

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0626 (resized).JPG
    443CA97D-527A-4F97-AC22-41875CFADBD0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pblank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago

Hey I hope nobody minds me jumping in on this thread with my similar, if not same issue. If so I'll remake my own post. I have searched around and seen other variations of this issue, but people seem to have different board variations, and this seems to be the most recent post on this?

So I just got my Dredd and seem to have the same issue and I'm trying to trouble shoot.
    -Audio plays fine, volume button + & - work fine, but the Volume wouldn't go below 8
    -Changed the Minimum volume override in the test adjustment section to be "Yes".
    -Volume levels on dmd now allow to go below 8, but there is no change in the volume level at all
    -Also can not find any other additional volume control added in the backbox

I'm trying to find more pictures of Judge Dredd audio boards like mine to see if there's anything visually different. If anybody has or is willing to post pictures of their Dredd sound boards it would be appreciated, and any additional advice to track this down.
    Here's a picture of mine. The 2nd picture I unplugged the cables for a better view:

IMG_0626 (resized).JPGIMG_0626 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPG
    #21 1 year ago

Yea it’s loud. It won’t lower or raise at all despite the volume bar changing on the dmd when I try.

#22 1 year ago

Just a follow up to my issue. I installed a pinsound board and new speakers and now the volume works fine. I'm not sure if I'll keep the pinsound board in here or put it in another pin, but that being the case that it resolved that issue I'm still trying to narrow down what to check on the original board.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

that's the e

Ship the DCS board off to Chris Hibler

Thanks, I sent him a message.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pblank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dcs-a-16917-missing-sounds-volume-control-issue?tu=pblank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.