By MrWizzo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#2 12 years ago

not a bad price. But I think the marilyn/lola split is almost 50/50. Too bad the topper is gone.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

not a bad price. But I think the marilyn/lola split is almost 50/50. Too bad the topper is gone.

No topper no deal.

Broken ramps too. I'd pass..

#4 12 years ago

I was close to going after it, but my wife talked me out of it. She said, "AFM is the game you really want." Hard to argue with that kind of logic.

#5 12 years ago

The day my wife tells me to buy a game is the day I long for.

#6 12 years ago

I like AFM. But is there some strategy I am missing? It seems like you just smack at the saucer targets all day?

#7 12 years ago

AFM is ok but not as great as everyone makes it to be. Never got deep into it but still other games I would rather have. Only my opinion.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I like AFM. But is there some strategy I am missing? It seems like you just smack at the saucer targets all day?

Getting a little off-topic here, but smacking at the saucer will get you one of the six tasks required to Rule the Universe.

Quote from Bob McCann's rulesheet which can be found in its entirety here (http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars.html):

Rule The Universe is the "wizard" award in the game. It is a pretty hard thing to achieve. To get it, the following things have to have been done:

1. At least 1 Super Jackpot must have been collected during multiball.
2. Super Jets must have been started at one point during the game.
3. Martian Attack multiball has to have been started.
4. Total Annihilation must have been played.
5. Mars has to have been conquered in the Mars Attack phase.
6. 5-way combo must have been done.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No topper no deal.

Broken ramps too. I'd pass..

+1 I've seen Marilyn's go for less with a topper.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I have to actually destroy all 4 Martians to get credit for Martian Attack Multiball. If I drain before destroying all 4 Martians, I get no credit, no matter how many times Martian Attack Multiball is started.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Anim8ormatt said:I like AFM. But is there some strategy I am missing? It seems like you just smack at the saucer targets all day?
Getting a little off-topic here, but smacking at the saucer will get you one of the six tasks required to Rule the Universe.
Quote from Bob McCann's rulesheet which can be found in its entirety here (http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars.html):
Rule The Universe is the "wizard" award in the game. It is a pretty hard thing to achieve. To get it, the following things have to have been done:
1. At least 1 Super Jackpot must have been collected during multiball.
2. Super Jets must have been started at one point during the game.
4. Total Annihilation must have been played.
5. Mars has to have been conquered in the Mars Attack phase.
6. 5-way combo must have been done.

That's informative. Thanks. I will try to play with that focus next time I am on one. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dc-cl-taxi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.