Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by crassmage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just bought a Gorgar. I am missing a display (anyone have a spare for sale? )
I have no cpu controlled playfield lights or coils. In doing additional poking around I also noticed. With the playfield up after starting a game I get all playfield sounds and scoring but no heartbeat.

I noticed that when I close the switch for each slingshot kicker I get a quiet hum but no action. I then manually tested all coils to see if any lock. When I close the left jet bumper and bottom jet bumper the spring returns as it should. However when I pull down the top jet bumper, it stays down until you force it up or turn power off, which releases and the spring pops it up again as it should. Does that give any of you any clues that you can point me in some direction?

Thanks so much

#2 11 years ago

I just set the game to free play and now when I turn the game on I get the "Gorgar Speaks" then the credit button works to pick how many players and it cycles from 1-4 but I still have no playfield solenoids or lights and after startup it doesn't kick the ball out to shoot.

#3 11 years ago

Check your solenoid and gi fuses. They are located at the bottom right of the head behind the light board door. There is a group of 4 of them. There should be a label on the right inside of the backbox that diagrams which fuse is which. I think the solenoid fuse is 2.5 amp, cant remember the GI fuse? Hopefully thats your problem.

#4 11 years ago

I checked all of them there was a blown 8A. I didn't have a 8A so I am using a 7.5A and it isn't blowing.

#5 11 years ago

Hope you can get your solution here on the forums to bring your Gorgar back to life. Freakin classic pin. The very definition of classic (also I think of Fireball or Firepower).

Should post some pics of the Gorgar, once you figure out the problem. Lots of fans of the game on here.

#6 11 years ago

Replace the solenoid fuse too. Sometimes they are blown even though they look good by just looking at them

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Replace the solenoid fuse too. Sometimes they are blown even though they look good by just looking at them

Gnatty is right.....I recently had all my solenoids just stop working on my gorgar....and it was that 2.5 fuse. I replaced with a 3amp fuse and they have been working beautifully since. And yes....it looked FINE...even when I pulled it out. It didn't look blown at all.

#8 11 years ago

I have a Gorgar and am knee deep in restoration. I'm not sure on the source of your specific issues, but I'd seriously consider the usual updating and maintenance on the boards to make them operate reliably. This includes testing/replacing the bridge rectifiers mounted lower right in the backbox, a capacitor kit upgrade to the power board, Scanbe socket replacements on the CPU board, and reflowing the interconnect and header pins.

See the "4.6 Connectors, connectors, connectors" section of the PinWiki here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_3_-_7

Good luck with that Gorgar. He may seem like and evil dude, but he needs tender loving care.

#9 11 years ago

I put an ohm meter on the fuses so I know they are good. I did stop at radio shack and picked up the 40-pin socket and a remorte battery tray.

#10 11 years ago

I relocated the battery and it still only boots with the door open (off on 2x). It did measure the correct voltage at the board so the battery pack was successful, but I changed the game to free play by setting function 18 to 00. It seems to hold it for a very brief time and then drops back to default of 20. The other odd thing is that when the solenoid test is performed only 09-13 Sounds, 14- Credit knocker and 16- Coin lockout and work everything else has no response.

#11 11 years ago

I checked and the 40 pin IC and the other sockets were previously changed to RN sockets. I also reflowed the connector contacts on the MPU board.

#12 11 years ago

I have working display. $10 shipped. Pm me if you are interested. I don't have the display controller board, I just have some extra individual 1-4 player displays

#13 11 years ago

jewelboy, I will take a display if you have an extra for $10 shipped, have a couple system 6 games(including gorgar) and wouldnt mind having a back up display. PM me if interested, thanks, and OP Gorgar was my first game and has been my favorite still, good luck on tracking it all down. Hans Hass @ siegecraft.com(google for exact site address ) can give you all the answers you need

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/days-of-my-gorgar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.