(Topic ID: 168364)

Dayhuff's14th Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP

By Dayhuff

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2092 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2096 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2086 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2090 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2089 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2088 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2083 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    20161027_193631 (resized).jpg
    dayhuff-1 (resized).jpg
    NOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPG
    NOS playfield from PPS. $450 4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
    Barracora NOS playfield backside.  4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
    PA229060 (resized).JPG
    PA229059 (resized).JPG
    PA229058 (resized).JPG

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,

You guessed it, it's that time of year for the "Dayhuff's 12 Hours of Pinball Party" on November 5th 2016 (it's always the first Saturday of November every year) from noon to midnight. This is an open invite to anyone on the group, plus anyone they might want to bring along with them that's into playing pinball. This is something that we started doing to try and get the local and some not so local pinheads together to play, talk and brag about pinball stuff for the day.

Each year this party has grown to such a huge amount of people coming through that it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces so name tags are provided at the door when you first arrive. They are located in the kitchen so please come through the front door or the garage when you first arrive to get yours since we all want to match up the name to your lovely face. Please be sure to find me at some point, even if it's just to say hi.

There is no monetary admission fee for the party but if you could bring a dish or some type of treat to pass that would be great. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing or we will end up with 40 bags of unopened chips at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, rice krispie treats, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us. We always have a few munchies out to get things started and SuAnn will make meatballs and her world famous sausage dip as always. I'm providing about 10 different kinds of pop, bottled water and some diet stuff too, but if you want anything else specific make sure to bring it... and as always I'll buy the pizza from Pizza Hut around 6-7 pm for everyone. Please remember when the pizza gets here (and you'll know when the siren goes off) that everyone would like some. Please RSVP me back personally at [email protected] or by phone if you're coming and how many people will be with you. That way we can better plan for the amount of people that will be attending. At last years party there were about 180 people that came through...some stayed all day and some for just a few hours..., it's up to you and NO, I don't need any help setting up the games the night before or even three hours before the party...so no sneaking in early. Thanks anyway, but noon does mean noon.

Each year we have been doing official T-shirts to commemorate the event and will be doing so again this year. Jeff Rumsey came up with another really cool design for the back of the shirt this year and it looks great. So if you're wanting a shirt or even more than one please let me know ASAP since the cut off date to get it to the printers will be the 16th of October. I'll need to know how many shirts and what sizes. These shirts are made up ahead of time based on your request and can be picked up here the day of the party. I will NOT have extras the day of the party, if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one. Price is $20 regardless of size and I'm pretty sure I can get all the way up to 6x but I'll have to double check with the printer as I have a new one this year.... Pretty soon I will have a link you can click on so you can see what the shirts will look like ahead of time. Remember the cut off date for just the shirts is October 16th. You can still RSVP for the party after that date but the sooner I know you're coming the better, and if you can't make it after you've RSVP'd then please let me know that as well.

As always there will be a Zen tournament again this year on a preselected pin that has been kept a secret for the last month or two and only a small handfull of people know which pin it will be for obvious reasons.......
    Joe Kace from Laseriffic Laser Engraving is already working on some cool trophy's ( but please don't bug him about what game they're for) for this years top two winners. As most of you know Joe does only the best in making all your aftermarket lighted up toppers, if you haven't seen his website you should check it out. Here's the link Laseriffic.com. There will also be other pinball related prizes for the runners up, remember you can't win something unless you play in the tournament...which is a pretty fun time and a great way to meet fellow hobbyist. If anyone wants to donate some sort of pinball prize for the tournament winners feel free to do so and it will be greatly appreciated. And of course you don't have to get into the tournament if you don't want to but it is free. The way the Zen tournament works is great because it gives everyone a fair chance to win no matter how good or if your like me, how sucky you are at playing. My own mother took fourth place four years ago and she never played before in her life........LOL. Pete Mathis will be around to collect your names for the tournament, please be sure to stick around until the ending if at all possible, other wise your partner will be scrambling to find someone to take your place or worse yet have to bow out of the tournament because you left before it was over with. The entire tournament takes around 3 hours from start to finish...give or take and usually starts up around 5-6 pm.

Each year the party is in the late fall for a few different reasons but the main one is that it's just to dang hot out in the summer and then comes Expo...and well, we're all just too busy doing other things plus it's soooo much cooler. Even though it's cooler outside it still tends to warm up on the inside what with the games, lights, people etc... so dress in something comfortable that will keep you cool when you're rubbing butts with someone you don't know. LOL.

Now for the RULES, and yes we must have a few basic rules (because lets face it, without rules...there's chaos) to avoid some past issues. First, please make sure you have a good time and play as many games as possible, you have less than nine minutes per game to hit them all in 12 hours. IF something breaks down ( yeah like it won't happen...LOL...) please let me know ASAP and this year I'll have sticky notes and pens so you can even leave a note on the glass letting me know what's going on with the game, and I'll try to get it fixed when it's not so crowded or while everyone is chowing down on pizza if not sooner if possible. For instance if a ball is stuck in the game feel free to open the game and take care of it yourself, just PLEASE be careful with the glass and let people around you know what you're doing...we don't need thousands of pieces of glass all over the basement, especially during a party. Please no drinks or food on the games, under the games is fine or even balanced on your head if you're that talented or just leave your soda on a coaster upstairs as I'm sure nobody will mess with it. Ha ha. Please no smoking in the house. There is plenty of fresh air to pollute outside or in the smokers lounge (garage) which might have a game or two set up to play as well. Parking is available up and down the street but please don't block anyone's mail box or driveway. I've not had any neighbor issues with these partys yet so let's not start now.

OK, with all that BORING stuff said ( and if you're still reading this and even still awake ) lets get onto more important stuff like the list of games that you're in for. Even though it's really not all that important to some, others like to know. This list is ever changing so don't hold me to it.

Revenge From Mars, Terminator 2 (new this year), DE Playboy, DE Batman, King Kong, DE Simpson's, DE Star Wars, Tales from the Crypt, Gun's and Roses, Batman Forever, Apollo 13, Monopoly, Simpson's Pinball Party, Elvis, Circus Voltaire, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, WHO Dunnit, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Medieval (for sale) Madness remake, Big Bang Bar remake, Pinball Magic, Cueball Wizard, Spirit, Haunted House, Black Hole, Rocky, The Amazing Spiderman, James Bond, Canada Dry, Fast Draw, Central Park, Nags, Blackout, Barracora, Wizard of Oz, Blackwater 100, Special Force, Gilligan's Island, Judge Dredd, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Shadow, No Good Gofers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Monster Bash, Williams Indy Jones, Funhouse, The Getaway (HS II), Taxi, Big Guns, Banzai Run, Superman, Iron Maiden, Orbitor One, Bally's Rolling Stones, Kiss, Centaur, Fathom, Spectrum, Wizard, Nip-it, Fireball Classic, Six Million Dollar Man, Bally's Playboy, Harlem Globetrotters, Mata Hari em. version as well as the Evel Knievel em. version, 1931 Baffle Ball, 1932 Bally Hoo, 1933 Worlds Fair Jigsaw and M. Redgraves 1871 + 1876 Parlor Bagatelle's, and of course the HERCULES, hey doesn't everyone have one of those in their basement? Plus other fun stuff like, Spy Hunter, Dragon's Lair, 1968 Space Pilot, 1957 Ten Strike Bowler, two Rush the Rocks, 1938 slot machine, 1958 Skill Roll, jukebox and pop machine. If you're still curious how I managed to cram all that into my tiny basement you can go to U-tube and type my name in and see video's that Marcus Anderson and others have shot over the years, it's really cool to see how much the basement has changed over the last few years.

When you call or email with your RSVP, I'll give you my exact address if you don't already have it for GPS'ing. It's pretty simple though. Remember you MUST RSVP no matter what and if possible PLEASE use my direct email address which is [email protected] since it just makes my life easier.

I guess that's about it.. We hope to see many of you again this year, and hopefully many new faces this year as well.

Thanks

John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#2 7 years ago

FIRST!

If anyone is on the fence and has never been, I'm sure there is a YouTube link of parties past that will sway the vote to a "yes, we are driving __hours to play some pinball".
    I would be curious to know the farthest traveled...

All kidding aside tho, what a great event and great hosts, thanks again for doing this, cant wait, its one of the highlights of my year!

#3 7 years ago

Emailed. Will be my first time. Looking forward to it!

#4 7 years ago

I wish I lived anywhere within a three hour drive of you.

#5 7 years ago

WE have been a few times... GREAT Time. GREAT people...AWESOME Food Buffet....... TON's O Pins ... What else do you need to have fun....

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

FIRST!
    I would be curious to know the farthest traveled...

That's a good question Sarge and I shamefully don't know the answer exactly. I remember he was from Germany (?) I want to say and he flew in just for the party about five years ago I'm guessing. I cant seem to find him in the sign in book but if he did sign it he might not have put where he was from so I could be looking at it and never know for sure. There has been MANY others from out of state as well like the Carolina's, Florida, Utah, ......that have made the trip just for this annual event. And then there are others like Alan and Susan Darby who drive here each and every year from Illinois and stay at a local hotel. I am honored.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#7 7 years ago

One of these dayz.... I'm gonna really get there.
    Till then I'll keep getting t-shirts.

In the meantime.. flash to the past.

#8 7 years ago

IOWA Roadies here.......Around 8 hrs One way. 536 miles... Add the time change. plus minus and hour. ALL worth it every time we head out. THX>

Now if we could just figure out the Lake Effect snow each time. Bonus...

#9 7 years ago

I'm in, i'll email later once I know who I'm bringing. Great time.

#10 7 years ago

Does anyone know where John lives? Maybe his phone number? Could have sworn I have seen it here somewhere before. Maybe I wrote it down.

It's always the last place you look?

#11 7 years ago

Here's pictures of the T-shirt artwork. Probably going to be a white body shirt with blue sleeves and neck to go along with the Harlem Globetrotters logo. The main large logo will be on the back of the shirt as always (like they should be) and with the smaller pocket area logo on the front. Thanks again to Jeff Rumsey for creating this and doing all that you do !!
    BTW: Jeff says the dotted area's is just for shading purposes is all.

Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 - Front Overall Layout - White Shirt - Blue Sleeves - Revised-2 (resized).jpg1 - Front Overall Layout - White Shirt - Blue Sleeves - Revised-2 (resized).jpg

2 - Rear Overall Layout - White Shirt - Blue Sleeves-1 (resized).jpg2 - Rear Overall Layout - White Shirt - Blue Sleeves-1 (resized).jpg

3 - Front Design - Revised to 3 & a quarter-2 (resized).jpg3 - Front Design - Revised to 3 & a quarter-2 (resized).jpg

4 - Rear Design-1 (resized).jpg4 - Rear Design-1 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Email sent. Thanks again John. Looking forward to the awesome party.

#13 7 years ago

looks great john wish i could be there as i use to live in michigan and then moved out of state
    anybody that has never been to one of johns party what a blast its a must go

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's pictures of the T-shirt artwork. Probably going to be a white body shirt with blue sleeves and neck to go along with the Harlem Globetrotters logo. The main large logo will be on the back of the shirt as always (like they should be) and with the smaller pocket area logo on the front. Thanks again to Jeff Rumsey for creating this and doing all that you do !!
    BTW: Jeff says the dotted area's is just for shading purposes is all.
    Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 week later
    #14 7 years ago

Bumping this post up. Remember, October 16th is the cut off date for the shirt orders.

Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#15 7 years ago

Things are sort of negative around here today so................

Bump for one of the best days of the year.
    If you haven't been to John's open house, you don't know what you are missing.
    John's collection is unbelievable and includes many hard to find games. Where else can you play them all for free!
    Meet and talk to lots of great pinball people, and some non-pinball folks who are along for the ride.
    And John and his wife SuAnn are a couple of the nicest, friendliest people you will ever meet.

I'll be sending you an email to confirm John, but thanks for doing this again!

#16 7 years ago

Just checked out some videos. Looks like a good time! Would like to plan a trip for this. I'm way up in Alpena.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBroshi:

Just checked out some videos. Looks like a good time! Would like to plan a trip for this. I'm way up in Alpena.

Don't let 300 miles stop you. Well worth the trip!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Newport-Bill:

Don't let 300 miles stop you. Well worth the trip!

Well that's all the convincing I need! Sign me up! Lol now hopefully it doesn't snow until January again

#19 7 years ago

Remember guys you MUST email me back directly using my actual email address as stated in the above invite, do not assume that just saying your coming on this thread is a good enough reply and please don't email me through Pinside. It helps to cut down on the confusion of who has said there coming, plus we use it for the head count for the food and stuff. Everyone is welcomed to come I just need to know via the direct email.
    Thanks and BTW there is still plenty of room and don't forget to order your Tshirts.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#20 7 years ago

Have been looking forward to attending this since I first got on Pinside (a bit after last year's party)! Thanks for the open invite! Will email directly as instructed.

#21 7 years ago

some day....

#22 7 years ago

Count me in! RSVP email sent!

Chris

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago

One week from today is the deadline to get your Tshirt order in. And keep those RSVP's coming in to, ASAP.
    Thanks

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

1 week later
    #24 7 years ago

Today is the last day for the Tshirt order's. Monday it goes to the printer.
    Thanks,

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#25 7 years ago

kid friendly?

#26 7 years ago

Just jumped in. Last year was my first, and it was great!

#27 7 years ago

Yes and mother approved too.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

PB060400 (resized).JPGPB060400 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago

Anybody looking for legs?

Parts - For Sale
    Used, fair condition - “FREEBIE! I have a bunch of sets of not so perfect legs that I need to clean out. Clean them up and use them, use them as is for a project, make a coffee table, build an oil rig.......”
    2016-10-16
    St Joseph, MI
    0 (Firm)
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 200 times

#29 7 years ago

See Post #11

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Anybody looking for legs?
    partsfor salePlaced 2016-10-16 14:52 (4 days ago)Free Legs in SW Michigan“FREEBIE!
    I have a bunch of sets of not so perfect legs that I need to clean out.
    Clean them up and use them, use them as is for a ...” $ 0 (Firm) RCA1 St Joseph, MI Used, fair condition

I could use a set of 27" legs for a Genie if you have them. Will be at Mr. Dayhuff's so your offer to bring them there is greatly appreciated.

#31 7 years ago

We're gonna start stocking up the pop machine and some other goodies for the party so keep the RSVP's coming in, the sooner the better as it helps us plan better. Remember you MUST email me directly if your coming. We need the head count sent to [email protected]

Only two weeks away so please don't wait. Remember Charlie's is back in town so don't miss her triumph return.
    Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

IMG_0151 (resized).JPGIMG_0151 (resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

someday I'll make one of these.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Remember Charlie's is back in town so don't miss her triumph return.

Didn't take you nearly as long the second time around... I'm betting on a "buy back" deal.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

We're gonna start stocking up the pop machine and some other goodies for the party so keep the RSVP's coming in, the sooner the better as it helps us plan better. Remember you MUST email me directly if your coming. We need the head count sent to [email protected]
    Only two weeks away so please don't wait. Remember Charlie's is back in town so don't miss her triumph return.
    Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

you moved WOZ... Getting really excited...

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

you moved WOZ... Getting really excited...

Maybe WOZ is where MMR used to be. Looking forward to finding out!

#36 7 years ago

I just finished this for JD. It was a nos, originaly form the IPB collection. I reset about half of the inserts, reglued all of them. about 50% of the black was painted, along with all red and orange, and most of the white lettering and numbering because of cracking, or it being close to an insert that got sanded down to the wood. This is the 6th pf since I developed a new finish process for getting the final clear super flat, and the reflection to be undistorted, and sharp. Thats how to look at a clearcoat. find a reflection of something and then move around, and see how the reflection is effected.
    This will be on display at the party. Its one of my best work and I am really happy proud of it, but most of all I want to thank Doug Watson for doing the original artwork.

PA229045 (resized).JPGPA229045 (resized).JPG

PA229046 (resized).JPGPA229046 (resized).JPG

PA229047 (resized).JPGPA229047 (resized).JPG

PA229049 (resized).JPGPA229049 (resized).JPG

PA229050 (resized).JPGPA229050 (resized).JPG

PA229051 (resized).JPGPA229051 (resized).JPG

PA229053 (resized).JPGPA229053 (resized).JPG

PA229055 (resized).JPGPA229055 (resized).JPG

PA229056 (resized).JPGPA229056 (resized).JPG

PA229057 (resized).JPGPA229057 (resized).JPG

PA229058 (resized).JPGPA229058 (resized).JPG

PA229059 (resized).JPGPA229059 (resized).JPG

PA229060 (resized).JPGPA229060 (resized).JPG

#37 7 years ago

We'll I guess that answers my posting in the other thread. LOL......
    BTW: Here's some pics of it the day before it went to Ron and one while he was working on it.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

Barracora NOS playfield backside.  4-25-2016 (resized).JPGBarracora NOS playfield backside. 4-25-2016 (resized).JPG

NOS playfield from PPS. $450 4-25-2016 (resized).JPGNOS playfield from PPS. $450 4-25-2016 (resized).JPG

NOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPGNOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPG

dayhuff-1 (resized).jpgdayhuff-1 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I just finished this for JD. It was a nos, originaly form the IPB collection. I reset about half of the inserts, reglued all of them. about 50% of the black was painted, along with all red and orange, and most of the white lettering and numbering because of cracking, or it being close to an insert that got sanded down to the wood. This is the 6th pf since I developed a new finish process for getting the final clear super flat, and the reflection to be undistorted, and sharp. Thats how to look at a clearcoat. find a reflection of something and then move around, and see how the reflection is effected.
    This will be on display at the party. Its one of my best work and I am really happy proud of it, but most of all I want to thank Doug Watson for doing the original artwork.

All I can say is.....WOW!!!!

#39 7 years ago

Still plenty of room for more people so please don't hesitate and don't even think about showing up without emailing me directly with your RSVP or you'll be kicked off pinside for life.
    As of right now were not even close to previous years numbers so it's surely not going to be nearly as crowded as in the past years. I have no idea why but this year could be our first backwards slide ever as far as attendance goes so bring on the RSVP's and get yourselves here. What else have you got to do that day that's more important?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#40 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to it as always John. It's one of the top pinball highlights of the year for sure.

#41 7 years ago

Getting excited also... ANYONE have an extra shirt..???? We are bringing a "First Timer" to the party... He committed late ..

So he missed out on the shirt order.. So if anyone has an Extra Large Or 2x... That would be awesome for him...thanks to anyone. Nick

#42 7 years ago

I've been there for the past four years in a row but this year I have tickets to the Michigan game......unless my wife can find someone else to go with......hmmm?........

#43 7 years ago

Yep, wife got me these for my BIRTHDAY!

20161027_193631 (resized).jpg20161027_193631 (resized).jpg

#44 7 years ago

Wow I'm being pushed out because of a football game?? I'll put it on the TV for you and can watch the highlights from here.........LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#45 7 years ago

Sorry John, played most of them. Go BLUE!

#46 7 years ago

Awesome Barracora work! Can't wait to see that playfield in person.

Sorry the numbers are down, but now that Michigan is back to being a relevant team, the ticket is a good get.

#47 7 years ago

Me and the family will be there this year! Always an awesome time at your place.

#48 7 years ago

We found an extra shirt for the "newbie'. THX

#49 7 years ago

I'd love to show up, was at one of the early ones years ago... But, alas, I will have to be working, as I used up my vacation time in order to have my daughter's birthday off. So I guess it's going to have to be next year!

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from RocketFromTombs:

So I guess it's going to have to be next year!

We'll see........get in now before the lock........

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs14th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.