(Topic ID: 168364)

Dayhuff's14th Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP

By Dayhuff

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2092 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2096 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2086 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2090 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2089 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2088 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2083 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    20161027_193631 (resized).jpg
    dayhuff-1 (resized).jpg
    NOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPG
    NOS playfield from PPS. $450 4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
    Barracora NOS playfield backside.  4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
    PA229060 (resized).JPG
    PA229059 (resized).JPG
    PA229058 (resized).JPG
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Just e-mailed you, wife and I are coming.

Jack

#52 7 years ago

Looking forward to another great party and another great year!

Be sure to look at John's vids on YouTube. Just google Dayhuff and Pinball there. You'll find them!

One of my fav's:

#53 7 years ago

Excited for the night! Put your PINSIDE name on your name tag too!

#54 7 years ago

Yeah its coming right down to the wire now.

Here's some things you'll want to be sure to check out or may notice while here.

1. Charlies Angels EM has returned.
    2. Ron Kruzman's awesome work on a NOS Barracora playfield that had been not well cared for in the past 30+ years.
    3. Hercules playfield as tall as you are.
    4. New Tshirts for this years party by Jeff Rumsey.
    5. Terminator 2.
    6. Rapid Fire gone.
    7. MMr gone.
    8. 1930's pingames in the Living room.
    9. M. Redgraves Parlor Bagatelles from the 1870's hanging on the basement wall.
    10. And last but not least, SuAnn's new library upstairs...some where's...she'll be glad to find it for you.

Its not to late to get your RSVP's in, but sure that you do as it really helps us out for planning things.
    See you all soon.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#55 7 years ago

Trophy's should arrive today. I'm sorry I can't make it this year,you will all have a great time.

#56 7 years ago

Looking forward to attending again this year! It is well worth the 3.5 hour trek.

If anyone attending is interested in any of my Mods (http://www.leesparts.com), I would be happy bring your order to save on shipping, discount for cash as well. Thank you!

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Trophy's should arrive today. I'm sorry I can't make it this year,you will all have a great time.

The trophy's are here the trophy's are here and they look great!! THANKS JOE, YOU DID IT AGAIN!!! Sorry no pics until after the tournament starts....., cant let the secret game name get out ahead of time.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#58 7 years ago

At hotel 2hr out....WE can almost smell the freshly shopped pins from here... The wait is on ..Here we come..Hey Heather...VN

#59 7 years ago

Yes the day is finally here.......months of planning and work have all come down to a few hours. SuAnn and I are off to breakfast (a morning of the party tradition) so we can relax for a hour and watch someone else do all the work.....LOL.
    See you all REAL soon and then its party on.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#60 7 years ago

My son and I want to extend a huge thank you for allowing us into your home for the day. We had a great time, and what an impressive collection of games, every one in excellent condition. Just a great time and we hope there will be another party next November, count us in. Thank you !!!

#61 7 years ago

I want to echo the above thanks to John and SuAnn. Great food from everyone. Just a great time. I know that there were a few less people this year, but that meant it wasn't as crowded at the games. Already looking forward to next year. If you are ever thinking about attending, do it...

#62 7 years ago

Same high praise from me. Always a good time - great games, great food and great people - what more can you ask for? Nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks as well. John and SuAnn you are the best!

Special shout out to RCA1 for the "great deal" on pinball legs. My Genie can now stand up!

#63 7 years ago

Thanks again for a great party, John. I had a wonderful time. I only left an hour early because of the drive home, but I ended up sleeping 4 hours at the first rest stop anyway so I should have stayed until midnight.

Thanks to another fun tournament, and to my split flipper partner, Matt, for earning us first place. Awesome first place trophy by Laserrific, thanks for making that.

The Barracora playfield looked great!

Can't wait until next year.

Now where are the photos?

#64 7 years ago

Yep, Big shout out to John & SuAnn for another great year of offering up the collection for everyone to play and the food to feed our faces. My wife and I got there around pizza time and left about 10:30pm. In my opinion that was the best times for us to enjoy it all. We stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn. Can't beat $64 on priceline! Besides we got to hit our favorite Biggby coffee in the morning before the drive home.

Oh, I cannot forget a special recognition to whoever decided to crop dust at approx 10:25pm right by the Apollo 13 & Batman pins. That was one hell of a wall of stink we had to walk through to get upstairs. You should either be proud or ashamed of yourself and I am not sure which!

#65 7 years ago

Wow, another great year for the party with around 180 people coming through in the twelve hours. We must be doing something right for that many people to keep coming back year after year.

I just want to publicly thank a few people for there help in making the party what it is, without them I could never pull off such an event of this caliber by myself.

First off A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that brought some sort of dish to pass for all to have. We appreciate you doing so and also to those that will be posting pictures and videos of this years party, its great to see the looks on peoples faces while there enjoying the games and having a great time.

Pete and Julie Mathis-- As always Pete runs the Zen tournament and this year it was on the Harlem Globetrotters game (which was also the theme of the t-shirts this year since we were celebrating the 20th year since I had bought the game) Pete not only keeps track of there scores but also places the two people together by gathering up there names on a list and then randomly draws there names so that every team is a luck of the draw when it comes to which two are paired up. He then runs them through the first round and takes the top eight teams through a second round of the finals and then its the top four teams that end up as the winners. Pete runs it without a hitch each year and I cant thank him enough for wanting to do so. Pete your AWESOME !!

Julie-- Spends much of her time upstairs helping out with the food, pop and water supply and generally just doing whatever needs to be done to help keep things going smoothly as possible. We cant thank you both enough for all that you do, your both WONDERFUL!!

Jeff Rumsey-- The T-shirts are always a true work of art and this year was no exception thanks to Jeff's vision and all the hard work and many many hours he puts into them with basically zero pay. He also works with my local printer by sending them the files so that they can make the screens for them and get them printed up in time. I had many people tell me that they thought this years shirts were the best ones yet and they loved how they turned out. THANK YOU SO MUCH JEFF !!

Joe Kace at Laseriffic-- Joe makes the trophies for the Zen tournament winners each year and basically has to come up with something that is based on the tournament game and this year being the Harlem Globetrotters he really nailed it and it even had color changing LED's and a remote control. Nice job Joe, there very cool !! If you haven't seen Joes game toppers then check him out at Laseriffic.com

Marcus Anderson-- Has been doing the many video's most of you have probably seen on you tube of the past party's and I'm sure he'll be posting up this years video soon and I want to thank him for taking the time out from his "one day off out of the year" to do so. I'm sure he'll be posting up a pictures soon. Thank you Marcus for keeping the "documentaries" going each year.

Ken Scharrer-- Ken makes key chains each year as part of the tournament prizes and there also hand painted and personalized for every years game. Ken also helps out in my PATZ booth each year and spends three long days with me in the booth, how lucky can he be right? LOL...... Thank you Ken your a good friend !!

SuAnn-- My wonderful wife for the past 21 years who puts up with my months of craziness in doing the preparations for the party each year. Much of her part comes in during the last week or so before the party and our tensions may rise a bit during those times but we always hear each other out and do whatever needs to be done to bring it all together and she is the true backbone of the party and puts up with all the other pinball stuff year around. I surely couldn't even think about doing this without her. She really deserves much of the credit for making this happen so if you see her at a show or here at the house or wherever please be sure to say hi and just tell her thank you for making the party all come together like she does year after year, I'm sure she will appreciate that.

I guess that's about it, if I missed anyone then I apologize but you know who you are. Thanks again everyone for all the great food, great fun and another year of wonderful memories.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Thanks to another fun tournament, and to my split flipper partner, Matt, for earning us first place. Awesome first place trophy by Laserrific, thanks for making

My one and only pinball trophy. The thing is awesome, and insanely bright if I turn it way up. Thank you John. Heather, Mark and myself had a great time as always. My boy has already gave me a list of which pins he wants me to get next.image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#67 7 years ago

A big thanks to John & SuAnn for opening there home to almost 200 people every year and being such great hosts. They are both down to earth great people! To Pete and Julie like John said are another great couple that are so nice and really help make things things run smoothly. I'm so thankful to know these guys and to the other pinheads that makeup this great community.

Ken

#68 7 years ago

Thanks John! Usually, I get the video up within a day, but I am running a little behind this year. The vid will be posted soon.

To whet your appetite, here are the ZEN winners and the standings for the top 8!

IMG_2083 (resized).JPGIMG_2083 (resized).JPG

IMG_2088 (resized).JPGIMG_2088 (resized).JPG

IMG_2089 (resized).JPGIMG_2089 (resized).JPG

IMG_2090 (resized).JPGIMG_2090 (resized).JPG

IMG_2086 (resized).JPGIMG_2086 (resized).JPG

IMG_2096 (resized).JPGIMG_2096 (resized).JPG

IMG_2092 (resized).JPGIMG_2092 (resized).JPG

#69 7 years ago

Dang being that I live in NE Indiana this wouldn't have been to far of a drive for me. Wish I would have seen this post much sooner and would have requested off work. I hope that you are gracious enough next year to do another party. Sounds like an awesome time!

#70 7 years ago

Thanks John and SuAnn for a great time. I loved how you put the story behind each game John - cool to see the history. It was great to see all of my pinball friends and meet a couple new ones.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Thanks John! Usually, I get the video up within a day, but I am running a little behind this year. The vid will be posted soon.
    To whet your appetite, here are the ZEN winners and the standings for the top 8!

Bunch of cheaters......Kidding, great time and fun tournament. I just want to make the final 8 some day... Need to do better to learn the game rules instead of just flipping... Live and learn...

#72 7 years ago

Charlie's Angels EM is surprisingly fun to play.
    What a bonus to something that's remarkable for being collectible and rare.
    Thanks John and SuAnn for doing this again, had a great time!

#73 7 years ago

Thanks John and SuAnn! I can't imagine the 100s of hours of preparation that you two do in getting ready for this day.

Simply an incredible collection. I think you need just *one* bingo machine, though.

This was my 1st time attending, and it was well worth the 4 hour drive from Cincinnati. If you're local to Cincinnati and want to attend next year, let's get a carpool going.

On a side note, the nearby Travelodge was dated, but clean and inexpensive ($50 all-in for a queen, wi-fi, and basic free breakfast of coffee, juice, breads, yogurt, cereal).

Robert

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from robertmedl:

Thanks John and SuAnn! I can't imagine the 100s of hours of preparation that you two do in getting ready for this day.
    Simply an incredible collection. I think you need just *one* bingo machine, though.
    This was my 1st time attending, and it was well worth the 4 hour drive from Cincinnati. If you're local to Cincinnati and want to attend next year, let's get a carpool going.
    On a side note, the nearby Travelodge was dated, but clean and inexpensive ($50 all-in for a queen, wi-fi, and basic free breakfast of coffee, juice, breads, yogurt, cereal).
    Robert

That's why it's fifty bucks. A great value.
    The Holiday Inn by the Meijer is usually $120 on Saturdays and food is extra (or 25000 Priority Club points) but well worth it.

#75 7 years ago

Great games, great people, great party!

Had never actually seen SPIRIT, King Kong, or Blackwater 100 before.

Really enjoyed playing SPIRIT as well as many other games (all with a very short to no wait). Only downside is that I must now budget for a WoZ, a SHADOW, and doing the lights in my Black Hole up like John's.

Amazing to see what Dayhuff has built over 20+ years. I am inspired to think of where my game room might by then (or even in 3 to 5 years) and, more importantly, to have more people over to enjoy it.

I also appreciated reading some of the local newspaper articles about pinball, pinball people, and pinball events that he had framed and posted on the wall. Reading those stories and seeing the wide variation in age among attendees is a testament to pinball's enduring appeal.

Here's looking forward to the 25th anniversary party in 2021!

#76 7 years ago

I wasn't feeling well enough to go this year. Wished I'd felt better but I got some kinda bug. And I didn't want to share it. So I'll look through the pictures and look forward to going next year. As usual John and SuAnn....great job. Looks like it was another great success of a party.

1 week later
    #77 7 years ago

Greetings everyone!

Better late than never...here is my video for John Dayhuff's Pinball Party 2016!

This year, I focused on the "Zen Tournament!" Special thanks goes to my good friend PMWOLF for running the tournament and talking with me for the video.

Please enjoy this blend of pictures and video documenting John's fantastic party! Save the date for next year...first Saturday in November!

#78 7 years ago

The party is so epic, I'm still recovering a couple weeks later...

Seriously, thanks to all who make it awesome.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Better late than never...here is my video for John Dayhuff's Pinball Party 2016!

Nice work on the video, BCG. Cool to hear the interview w/ PMWolf at the beginning and I'm really glad you caught my super-drain and wife's laugher around the 9:10 mark. Kudos for keepin' up with these videos each year.

Sincerely,
    Ryan

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs14th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/2?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.