(Topic ID: 108189)

Dayhuff's - the BIGGEST house party around!!

By pmWolf

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by trudert9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6081.JPG
    IMG_20141101_201417_939.jpg
    IMAG5462.jpg
    IMAG5463.jpg
    IMAG5479.jpg
    P1060056.JPG
    P1060064.JPG
    IMG_6088.JPG
    P1060054.JPG
    P1060037-221.JPG
    IMG_6104-990.JPG
    IMG_6082-599.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

We'll what can I say really? This one was for the record books for sure, 175 people come through in 12 hours.......crazy !! I just want to say thanks to all of those that brought food and snacks for everyone to share as we are a hungry crowd for sure. And as always I could never do this all on my own so here's where the mushy thanks come in.

Pete and Julie Mathis- If there was ever anyone that knows how to run a Zen tournament it's Pete. He keeps it all organized and running smooth like a Swiss watch so that I don't have too. I really sometimes think this is one of the main reasons why people come to the party is to try there one hand at the Zen tournament because of the way he keeps it going...I know he runs around crazy looking for people that are up next on the game but he always manages to pull it off without a problem. Also want to say thanks for updating the WOZ to the 4.0 version.
    Julie helps out upstairs and with the food prep and anything else in the kitchen area that needs to be done, plus she looked awesome in her Tron girl outfit. What more can I say then you both ROCK !!

Sara and Matt- What a huge help they were this year in keeping with the entire Halloween theme. Matt carved up the that giant pumpkin that was in the yard that said "Welcome Pinballers" and it looked really spooky all lit up after dark. He also made up the reserve parking sign for the senior citizens so they could park right up to the front door. Sara helped a lot with the kitchen stuff and more food prep....Plus they both were in costume, which added to the fun. I thank you both for everything and I'm really glad your back in Michigan to stay.

Jeff Rumsey- My T-shirt designer guru. Jeff went all out again this year with the design as I basically give him free rain to do whatever he wants with maybe just a few tweaks here and there by myself but its pretty much all him. I can't thank him enough for all the hours and hours he must put into this shirt design. We even had a last minute change and I mean a LAST minute change in the art and Jeff was right on top of it and pulled a rabbit out of his hat in the final hour. THANK YOU JEFF !!

Mick Gruelurks- I don't know why but for some reason Mick brings like two butts of pulled pork each year for everyone to eat on. He's just a awesome guy that never ask for anything in return and for that I thank him for doing what he does and for being so humble about it.

Marcus Anderson- Has been my video guy that takes the video that you see on You Tube each year and really does some fine camera work. I loved how he shows the Skill Roll in play, which BTW got 816 plays on it during the party (incredible). Thanks as always Marcus.

Sir Scott- As mentioned above there was some last minute art changes to the shirts, Sir Scott was the one that caught the mistake and brought it to my attention just before it was to go to the printers. Thanks Scott for asking the question when you did, which now makes you the official proof reader for the party.....LOL.

Glen (Vespa King) Brazier-who made a contribution to the party in a way I cant explain but I just wanted to say thanks to him....., he'll know what I'm talking about.

Matt Burkhart-or should I say "Johnny on the spot"? Wouldn't you know it, the one game that had to go down just minutes before the tournament was supposed to start was Champion Pub...UGH!! The right flipper bushing broke in like three pieces. Matt and I jumped in together and got that flipper assembly torn apart and fixed in pit stop record time...., but it was pretty intense there for a few minutes. Thanks Matt for the help and the second set of hands. I can always count on Matt to just "show up" at the party and thank God he did so again this year to keep the soon to be tournament game alive and up and running again.

Dave Walters- You know your doing something right when even the Mayor of Battle Creek shows up at the party.....very cool and thanks for coming.

Joe Kace- He is my trophy guy and this year he knocked it out ( no pun intended ) with the Champion Pub wall plaques for the two first place winners. Those were very cool and next year will be even cooler I'm sure as Joe is the man. Check out his website at Laseriffic.com

SuAnn- My wonderful wife who puts up with all of this each year like the trooper that she is. There is so much behind the scenes stuff that has to happen in order to make sure this party runs like it does and she is the backbone of it all. I can't imagine trying to do this without her. I love her so much and still ask myself each year what makes her want to do it too and I'm really not sure but I know she enjoys the people and having fun too so when you see her at a show or at next years party don't be afraid to say hi and just tell her thanks too. It seems like I get a lot of the credit for the party but without her I don't see the party's going onward as she is the one that deserves more credit then I do.

I guess that's about it and if I missed anyone then I apologize but you know who you are. Thanks again everyone for the great food, fun and laughs.........you make it all worth while with your kind remarks and for that we are on again for next years party so let the planning begin.......

Thank you,

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

Post edited by moderator: Laseriffic edit.

#18 9 years ago

Whoops I made the mistake again this year. Its Laseriffic.com
    Sorry Joe!!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Post edited by moderator: I got it for you. No worries.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs-the-biggest-house-party-around?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.