(Topic ID: 197602)

Dayhuff's 15th (WOW) Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP.

By Dayhuff

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-12-03-08-17-33-1 (resized).png
    Cleveland Barons 1976-77 F (resized).jpg
    batman (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1959 (resized).JPG
    DSC02673 (resized).JPG
    DSC02672 (resized).JPG
    DSC02671 (resized).JPG
    DSC02670 (resized).JPG
    DSC02669 (resized).JPG
    DSC02689 (resized).JPG
    DSC02687 (resized).JPG
    DSC02686 (resized).JPG
    DSC02668 (resized).JPG
    DSC02685 (resized).JPG
    DSC02674 (resized).JPG
    tourney.jpg
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

You guessed it, it's that time of year for the "Dayhuff's 12 Hours of Pinball Party" on November 4th 2017 (it's always the first Saturday of November every year) from noon to midnight. This is an open invite to anyone on the group, plus anyone they might want to bring along with them that's into playing pinball. This is something that we started doing to try and get the local and some not so local pinheads together to play, talk and brag about pinball stuff for the day. This is a family friendly party so kids are welcome as always. Please make sure the kids know the rules though as they probably won't be reading this invite.

Each year this party has grown to such a huge amount of people coming through that it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces so name tags are provided at the door when you first arrive. They are located in the kitchen so please come through the front door or the garage when you first arrive to get yours since we all want to match up the name to your lovely face. Please be sure to find SuAnn and myself at some point, even if it's just to say hi.

OVER THE YEARS MOST OF YOU HAVE MET OUR OFFICIAL GREETER, OUR DOG DUSTY AND ARE USED TO GIVING HIM LITTLE SNACKS. DUSTY WAS REALLY SICK A FEW WEEKS AGO AND CAN NO LONGER HAVE ANY PEOPLE FOOD. HE COULD BECOME VERY VERY SICK FROM IT. PLEASE DO NOT FEED HIM ANY. I WILL HAVE BOWLS OF DUSTY TREATS SITTING AROUND THAT YOU MAY FEED HIM.

There is no monetary admission fee for the party but if you could bring a dish or some type of treat to pass that would be great. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing or we will end up with 40 bags of unopened chips at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, rice krispie treats, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us. We always have a few munchies out to get things started and SuAnn will make meatballs and her world famous sausage dip as always. I'm providing about 10 different kinds of pop, bottled water and some diet stuff too, but if you want anything else specific make sure to bring it... and as always I'll buy the pizza from Pizza Hut around 6-7 pm for everyone. Please remember when the pizza gets here (and you'll know when the siren goes off) that everyone would like some. Please RSVP me back personally at [email protected] or by phone if you're coming and how many people will be with you. That way we can better plan for the amount of people that will be attending. At last years party there were about 180 people that came through...some stayed all day and some for just a few hours..., it's up to you and NO, I don't need any help setting up the games the night before or even three hours before the party...so no sneaking in early. Thanks anyway, but noon does mean noon.

Each year we have been doing official T-shirts to commemorate the event and will be doing so again this year. Jeff Rumsey came up with another really cool design for the back of the shirt this year and it looks great. So if you're wanting a shirt or even more than one please let me know ASAP since the cut off date to get it to the printers will be the 15th of October. I'll need to know how many shirts and what sizes. These shirts are made up ahead of time based on your request and can be picked up here the day of the party. I will NOT have extras the day of the party, if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one. Price is $20 regardless of size and I'm pretty sure I can get all the way up to 6x but I'll have to double check with the printer. Pretty soon I will have a link you can click on so you can see what the shirts will look like ahead of time. Remember the cut off date for just the shirts is October 15th. You can still RSVP for the party after that date but the sooner I know you're coming the better, and if you can't make it after you've RSVP'd then please let me know that as well.

As always there will be a Zen tournament this year on a preselected pin that has been kept a secret for the last month or two and only a small handfull of people know which pin it will be for obvious reasons.......
    Joe Kace from Laseriffic Laser Engraving is already working on some cool trophy's ( but please don't bug him about what game they're for) for this years top two winners. As most of you know Joe does only the best in making all your aftermarket lighted up toppers, if you haven't seen his website you should check it out. Here's the link Laseriffic.com. There will also be other pinball related prizes for the runners up, remember you can't win something unless you play in the tournament...which is a pretty fun time and a great way to meet fellow hobbyist. If anyone wants to donate some sort of pinball prize for the tournament winners feel free to do so and it will be greatly appreciated. And of course you don't have to get into the tournament if you don't want to but it is free. The way the Zen tournament works is great because it gives everyone a fair chance to win no matter how good (or if you're like me), how sucky you are at playing. My own mother took fourth place a few years ago and she never played before in her life........LOL. Pete Mathis will be around to collect your names for the tournament, please be sure to stick around until the ending if at all possible, other wise your partner will be scrambling to find someone to take your place or worse yet have to bow out of the tournament because you left before it was over with. The entire tournament takes around 3 hours from start to finish...give or take and usually starts up around 5-6 pm.

Each year the party is in the late fall for a few different reasons but the main one is that it's just to dang hot out in the summer and then comes Expo...and well, we're all just too busy doing other things plus it's soooo much cooler. Even though it's cooler outside it still tends to warm up on the inside what with the games, lights, people etc... so dress in something comfortable that will keep you cool when you're rubbing butts with someone you don't know. LOL.

Now for the RULES, and yes we must have a few basic rules (because lets face it, without rules...there's chaos) to avoid some past issues. First, please make sure you have a good time and play as many games as possible, you have less than nine minutes per game to hit them all in 12 hours. IF something breaks down ( yeah like it won't happen...LOL...) please let me know ASAP and this year I'll have sticky notes and pens so you can even leave a note on the glass letting me know what's going on with the game, and I'll try to get it fixed when it's not so crowded or while everyone is chowing down on pizza or sooner if possible. For instance if a ball is stuck in the game feel free to open the game and take care of it yourself, just PLEASE be careful with the glass and let people around you know what you're doing...we don't need thousands of pieces of glass all over the basement, especially during a party. Please no drinks or food on the games, under the games is fine or even balanced on your head if you're that talented or just leave your soda on a coaster upstairs as I'm sure nobody will mess with it. Ha ha. Please remember there are separate garbage cans for trash and empty soda bottles and cans. With close to 200 people coming through there is a lot of garbage to take care of. Remembering to throw your trash away and put the empty soda cans in the correct receptacles will be helpful and much appreciated. The bin for the empty soda cans and bottles will be located next to the cooler with the water and diet soda and the garbage cans will be in front of the microwave and the kitchen sink area. Please no smoking in the house. There is plenty of fresh air to pollute outside or in the smokers lounge (garage) which might have a game or two set up to play as well. Parking is available up and down the street but please don't block anyone's mail box or driveway. I've not had any neighbor issues with these partys yet so let's not start now.

OK, with all that BORING stuff said ( and if you're still reading this and even still awake ) lets get onto more important stuff like the list of games that you're in for. Even though it's really not all that important to some, others like to know. This list is ever changing so don't hold me to it.

Revenge From Mars, Terminator 2, Secret Service (new this year), DE Batman, King Kong, DE Simpson's, DE Star Wars, Tales from the Crypt, Gun's and Roses, Batman Forever, Apollo 13, Monopoly, Simpson's Pinball Party, Elvis, Circus Voltaire, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, WHO Dunnit, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Big Bang Bar remake, Pinball Magic, Cueball Wizard, Spirit, Haunted House, Black Hole, Rocky, The Amazing Spiderman, James Bond, Charlie's Angels em. version, Canada Dry, Fast Draw, Central Park, Nags, Blackout, Barracora, Wizard of Oz, Blackwater 100, Special Force Girl's, Gilligan's Island, Judge Dredd, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Shadow, No Good Gofers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Monster Bash, Williams Indiana Jones, Funhouse, The Getaway (HS II), Taxi, Big Guns, Banzai Run, Superman, Iron Maiden, Orbitor One, Bally's Rolling Stones, Kiss, Centaur, Fathom, Spectrum, Wizard, Nip-it, Fireball Classic, Six Million Dollar Man, Bally's Playboy, Harlem Globetrotters, Mata Hari em. version as well as the Evel Knievel em. version, 1931 Baffle Ball, 1932 Bally Hoo, 1933 Worlds Fair Jigsaw and M. Redgraves 1871 + 1876 Parlor Bagatelle's, and of course the HERCULES, hey doesn't everyone have one of those in their basement? Plus other fun stuff like, Spy Hunter, Dragon's Lair, 1968 Space Pilot, 1957 Ten Strike Bowler, two Rush the Rocks, 1938 slot machine, 1958 Skill Roll, jukebox and pop machine. If you're still curious how I managed to cram all that into my tiny basement you can go to U-tube and type my name in and see video's that Marcus Anderson and others have shot over the years, it's really cool to see how much the basement has changed over the last few years.

When you call or email with your RSVP, I'll give you my exact address if you don't already have it for GPS'ing. It's pretty simple though. Remember you MUST RSVP no matter what and if possible PLEASE use my direct email address which is [email protected] since it just makes my life easier.

I guess that's about it.. We hope to see many of you again this year, and hopefully many new faces this year as well.

Thanks

John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#2 6 years ago

It's ON!!!!!!!!1

#3 6 years ago

Excited....

#4 6 years ago

Here's last year's video of Dayhuff's pinball party. The focus was on the fun/casual "Zen" tournament. Special thanks to pmWolf for the interview!

#5 6 years ago

Working that weekend again! I really need to get a job that requires no weekends EVER! I only work one weekend a month and I'm not only working the weekend for this party but also the weekend that expo falls on.

#6 6 years ago

Now that's a great message of do's and dont's. I'd like to use that when I have a pin party. It's great you open your home to so many. Hope your party turns out great.

#7 6 years ago

Wish I was closer , sounds like a damn good time!

#8 6 years ago

Wow - Never been to Michigan before. Your party makes it really tempting to visit!

-dave

#9 6 years ago

Here's the Tshirt design that Jeff Rumsey has come up with for this years party. I can't imagine the time and effort that he goes through to put out such a fantastic piece of original artwork. Obviously the larger image will be on the back of the shirt and the smaller image will be the left side chest logo. The actual color of the shirt itself will be either charcoal, black, or dark blue. Thank you Jeff!!

John

Dayuff 2017 Suggested Coloring Front 9-9-17 (resized).jpgDayuff 2017 Suggested Coloring Front 9-9-17 (resized).jpg

Dayuff 2017 Suggested Coloring Back 9-9-17 (resized).jpgDayuff 2017 Suggested Coloring Back 9-9-17 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for doing this again John!
    If anyone is on the fence about stopping by, you should do it. Lots of great people to meet and great games to play.

#11 6 years ago

I'm in again. Thanks

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hi Everyone,
    You guessed it, it's that time of year for the "Dayhuff's 12 Hours of Pinball Party" on November 4th 2017 (it's always the first Saturday of November every year) from noon to midnight. This is an open invite to anyone on the group, plus anyone they might want to bring along with them that's into playing pinball. This is something that we started doing to try and get the local and some not so local pinheads together to play, talk and brag about pinball stuff for the day. This is a family friendly party so kids are welcome as always. Please make sure the kids know the rules though as they probably won't be reading this invite.
    Each year this party has grown to such a huge amount of people coming through that it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces so name tags are provided at the door when you first arrive. They are located in the kitchen so please come through the front door or the garage when you first arrive to get yours since we all want to match up the name to your lovely face. Please be sure to find SuAnn and myself at some point, even if it's just to say hi.
    OVER THE YEARS MOST OF YOU HAVE MET OUR OFFICIAL GREETER, OUR DOG DUSTY AND ARE USED TO GIVING HIM LITTLE SNACKS. DUSTY WAS REALLY SICK A FEW WEEKS AGO AND CAN NO LONGER HAVE ANY PEOPLE FOOD. HE COULD BECOME VERY VERY SICK FROM IT. PLEASE DO NOT FEED HIM ANY. I WILL HAVE BOWLS OF DUSTY TREATS SITTING AROUND THAT YOU MAY FEED HIM.
    There is no monetary admission fee for the party but if you could bring a dish or some type of treat to pass that would be great. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing or we will end up with 40 bags of unopened chips at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, rice krispie treats, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us. We always have a few munchies out to get things started and SuAnn will make meatballs and her world famous sausage dip as always. I'm providing about 10 different kinds of pop, bottled water and some diet stuff too, but if you want anything else specific make sure to bring it... and as always I'll buy the pizza from Pizza Hut around 6-7 pm for everyone. Please remember when the pizza gets here (and you'll know when the siren goes off) that everyone would like some. Please RSVP me back personally at [email protected] or by phone if you're coming and how many people will be with you. That way we can better plan for the amount of people that will be attending. At last years party there were about 180 people that came through...some stayed all day and some for just a few hours..., it's up to you and NO, I don't need any help setting up the games the night before or even three hours before the party...so no sneaking in early. Thanks anyway, but noon does mean noon.
    Each year we have been doing official T-shirts to commemorate the event and will be doing so again this year. Jeff Rumsey came up with another really cool design for the back of the shirt this year and it looks great. So if you're wanting a shirt or even more than one please let me know ASAP since the cut off date to get it to the printers will be the 15th of October. I'll need to know how many shirts and what sizes. These shirts are made up ahead of time based on your request and can be picked up here the day of the party. I will NOT have extras the day of the party, if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one. Price is $20 regardless of size and I'm pretty sure I can get all the way up to 6x but I'll have to double check with the printer. Pretty soon I will have a link you can click on so you can see what the shirts will look like ahead of time. Remember the cut off date for just the shirts is October 15th. You can still RSVP for the party after that date but the sooner I know you're coming the better, and if you can't make it after you've RSVP'd then please let me know that as well.
    As always there will be a Zen tournament this year on a preselected pin that has been kept a secret for the last month or two and only a small handfull of people know which pin it will be for obvious reasons.......
    Joe Kace from Laseriffic Laser Engraving is already working on some cool trophy's ( but please don't bug him about what game they're for) for this years top two winners. As most of you know Joe does only the best in making all your aftermarket lighted up toppers, if you haven't seen his website you should check it out. Here's the link Laseriffic.com. There will also be other pinball related prizes for the runners up, remember you can't win something unless you play in the tournament...which is a pretty fun time and a great way to meet fellow hobbyist. If anyone wants to donate some sort of pinball prize for the tournament winners feel free to do so and it will be greatly appreciated. And of course you don't have to get into the tournament if you don't want to but it is free. The way the Zen tournament works is great because it gives everyone a fair chance to win no matter how good (or if you're like me), how sucky you are at playing. My own mother took fourth place a few years ago and she never played before in her life........LOL. Pete Mathis will be around to collect your names for the tournament, please be sure to stick around until the ending if at all possible, other wise your partner will be scrambling to find someone to take your place or worse yet have to bow out of the tournament because you left before it was over with. The entire tournament takes around 3 hours from start to finish...give or take and usually starts up around 5-6 pm.
    Each year the party is in the late fall for a few different reasons but the main one is that it's just to dang hot out in the summer and then comes Expo...and well, we're all just too busy doing other things plus it's soooo much cooler. Even though it's cooler outside it still tends to warm up on the inside what with the games, lights, people etc... so dress in something comfortable that will keep you cool when you're rubbing butts with someone you don't know. LOL.
    Now for the RULES, and yes we must have a few basic rules (because lets face it, without rules...there's chaos) to avoid some past issues. First, please make sure you have a good time and play as many games as possible, you have less than nine minutes per game to hit them all in 12 hours. IF something breaks down ( yeah like it won't happen...LOL...) please let me know ASAP and this year I'll have sticky notes and pens so you can even leave a note on the glass letting me know what's going on with the game, and I'll try to get it fixed when it's not so crowded or while everyone is chowing down on pizza or sooner if possible. For instance if a ball is stuck in the game feel free to open the game and take care of it yourself, just PLEASE be careful with the glass and let people around you know what you're doing...we don't need thousands of pieces of glass all over the basement, especially during a party. Please no drinks or food on the games, under the games is fine or even balanced on your head if you're that talented or just leave your soda on a coaster upstairs as I'm sure nobody will mess with it. Ha ha. Please remember there are separate garbage cans for trash and empty soda bottles and cans. With close to 200 people coming through there is a lot of garbage to take care of. Remembering to throw your trash away and put the empty soda cans in the correct receptacles will be helpful and much appreciated. The bin for the empty soda cans and bottles will be located next to the cooler with the water and diet soda and the garbage cans will be in front of the microwave and the kitchen sink area. Please no smoking in the house. There is plenty of fresh air to pollute outside or in the smokers lounge (garage) which might have a game or two set up to play as well. Parking is available up and down the street but please don't block anyone's mail box or driveway. I've not had any neighbor issues with these partys yet so let's not start now.
    OK, with all that BORING stuff said ( and if you're still reading this and even still awake ) lets get onto more important stuff like the list of games that you're in for. Even though it's really not all that important to some, others like to know. This list is ever changing so don't hold me to it.
    Revenge From Mars, Terminator 2, Secret Service (new this year), DE Batman, King Kong, DE Simpson's, DE Star Wars, Tales from the Crypt, Gun's and Roses, Batman Forever, Apollo 13, Monopoly, Simpson's Pinball Party, Elvis, Circus Voltaire, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, WHO Dunnit, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Big Bang Bar remake, Pinball Magic, Cueball Wizard, Spirit, Haunted House, Black Hole, Rocky, The Amazing Spiderman, James Bond, Charlie's Angels em. version, Canada Dry, Fast Draw, Central Park, Nags, Blackout, Barracora, Wizard of Oz, Blackwater 100, Special Force Girl's, Gilligan's Island, Judge Dredd, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Shadow, No Good Gofers, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Monster Bash, Williams Indiana Jones, Funhouse, The Getaway (HS II), Taxi, Big Guns, Banzai Run, Superman, Iron Maiden, Orbitor One, Bally's Rolling Stones, Kiss, Centaur, Fathom, Spectrum, Wizard, Nip-it, Fireball Classic, Six Million Dollar Man, Bally's Playboy, Harlem Globetrotters, Mata Hari em. version as well as the Evel Knievel em. version, 1931 Baffle Ball, 1932 Bally Hoo, 1933 Worlds Fair Jigsaw and M. Redgraves 1871 + 1876 Parlor Bagatelle's, and of course the HERCULES, hey doesn't everyone have one of those in their basement? Plus other fun stuff like, Spy Hunter, Dragon's Lair, 1968 Space Pilot, 1957 Ten Strike Bowler, two Rush the Rocks, 1938 slot machine, 1958 Skill Roll, jukebox and pop machine. If you're still curious how I managed to cram all that into my tiny basement you can go to U-tube and type my name in and see video's that Marcus Anderson and others have shot over the years, it's really cool to see how much the basement has changed over the last few years.
    When you call or email with your RSVP, I'll give you my exact address if you don't already have it for GPS'ing. It's pretty simple though. Remember you MUST RSVP no matter what and if possible PLEASE use my direct email address which is [email protected] since it just makes my life easier.
    I guess that's about it.. We hope to see many of you again this year, and hopefully many new faces this year as well.
    Thanks
    John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

Nice work, John!

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's the Tshirt design that Jeff Rumsey has come up with for this years party. I can't imagine the time and effort that he goes through to put out such a fantastic piece of original artwork. Obviously the larger image will be on the back of the shirt and the smaller image will be the left side chest logo. The actual color of the shirt itself will be either charcoal, black, or dark blue. Thank you Jeff!!
    John

Nice work, Jeff!

I'm lookin' forward to it. I'll be sure to email you as our family's plans solidify.

Happy trouble-shooting these next couple months!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Nice work, John!

Nice work, Jeff!

I'm lookin' forward to it. I'll be sure to email you as our family's plans solidify.
    Happy trouble-shooting these next couple months!

Thanks Ryan we appreciate that!! And yes the trouble shooting has already been well underway as we speak.

John

#14 6 years ago

John - if one were to fly in, is Detroit the airport to choose? Southwest has pretty inexpensive direct flights from my region...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#15 6 years ago

I'd say either Detroit, Kalamazoo or the Battle Creek Airport would be the way to do it. Not sure which one from VA. would be the one to take but obviously the KZoo and BC are the closest to me. But what do I know? Heck I've never flown before in my life......LOL.
    You wouldn't be the first one to make the air flight for the parties. I've had Germany being the furthest one year, California, Florida....
    If you do decide to make the trip let me know and I'll try to help you out as much as I can.

John

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

John - if one were to fly in, is Detroit the airport to choose? Southwest has pretty inexpensive direct flights from my region...
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

For SWA, definitely Detroit DTW. About a 100 mile drive. Very easy drive on the weekend.

#17 6 years ago

Perfect! Yup, Southwest is where I'm seeing some attractive fares. Need to run the trip through scheduling department (wifey) but I'm probably 70/30 odds of coming... will properly RSVP when I get those odds pushed higher!

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Heck I've never flown before in my life......LOL.

Experience-wise, you aren't missing much. But the pain delivers rewards - TPF, Allentown, York, PAGG, Pintastic ...

-Rob

#18 6 years ago

This year it's far enough from Halloween that I may be able to come. I brought the kids with me one year; they stayed with my Mom in Galesburg while I played pinball. My wife missed having them for Halloween so it hasn't been possible since.

If I take Friday off, I can drive out. Not sure if I will be required to deliver the kids to Grandma's house

For anyone on the fence, John's collection is pretty amazing. It's a fun day and everyone is nice.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

This year it's far enough from Halloween that I may be able to come. I brought the kids with me one year; they stayed with my Mom in Galesburg while I played pinball. My wife missed having them for Halloween so it hasn't been possible since.
    If I take Friday off, I can drive out. Not sure if I will be required to deliver the kids to Grandma's house
    For anyone on the fence, John's collection is pretty amazing. It's a fun day and everyone is nice.

Please introduce yourself if you decide to come, Zimjoe!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Please introduce yourself if you decide to come, Zimjoe!

If I come, I will buy a Snidely Whiplash shirt . John said there will be name tags too.

I'm in negotiations with work and wife ATM. Unfortunately, this is right before a big election here in Virginia and I may not be able to swing the time off.

#21 6 years ago

Not sure if I can make it but will try! Love your collection and heart to open up your home to all of us John.

#22 6 years ago

Remember guys that you need to RSVP me personally at [email protected] in order to get on the confirmation list. Just saying "I can't wait" or "should be a blast" or "I'll be stopping by" or whatever......here on the group is not RSVP'ing.
    Those personal emails to my regular email account are what help us to prepare for the party each year. The number of your actual RSVP's does matter and is a big help when it comes to pulling this off so please send them directly to me at the email above and the sooner the better. Also let me know on the Tshirt orders before 15th of October.
    Thanks,
    John

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

If I come, I will buy a Snidely Whiplash shirt . John said there will be name tags too.

Don't get too excited about the name tags, there just white labels that your going to write you own name on and stick to your shirt in the hopes they don't fall off by the end of the night.....LOL.

John

#24 6 years ago

Just watched the video and was wondering what the EM with the rotating carousel is.

I sure wish it wasn't a 6.5hr drive.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

I'm in negotiations with work and wife ATM. Unfortunately, this is right before a big election here in Virginia and I may not be able to swing the time off.

I know nothing of this 'big' election you talk about in our state, but I understand those negotiations - got my green light! Booked Southwest direct from BWI to DTW for $79 on the way out and Spirit (yea, I know...) for $56 on the way back. If you (or anyone else) want to try to coordinate a ride in a shared rental car please PM me. BWI is a bit of a drive from Richmond, but those are pretty attractive fares...

I'll be the guy in the green WPC Power Fix shirt.

-Rob

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I know nothing of this 'big' election you talk about in our state, but I understand those negotiations - got my green light! Booked Southwest direct from BWI to DTW for $79 on the way out and Spirit (yea, I know...) for $56 on the way back. If you (or anyone else) want to try to coordinate a ride in a shared rental car please PM me. BWI is a bit of a drive from Richmond, but those are pretty attractive fares...
    I'll be the guy in the green WPC Power Fix shirt.
    -Rob

Now that's some serious pinball illness right there!!

John

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Just watched the video and was wondering what the EM with the rotating carousel is.
    I sure wish it wasn't a 6.5hr drive.

That is the 1960 Williams Nags. Great game!! You not only play for points but also your trying to get your Hoss across the finish line first. Hmm...maybe this should be the tournament game ??

John

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'd say either Detroit, Kalamazoo or the Battle Creek Airport would be the way to do it. Not sure which one from VA. would be the one to take but obviously the KZoo and BC are the closest to me. But what do I know? Heck I've never flown before in my life......LOL.
    You wouldn't be the first one to make the air flight for the parties. I've had Germany being the furthest one year, California, Florida....
    If you do decide to make the trip let me know and I'll try to help you out as much as I can.
    John

Raises hand for Florida attendee back in the day. Place is incredible

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Raises hand for Florida attendee back in the day. Place is incredible

Jeff old buddy, how the heck are you?!?! Man long time no talk. Yeah those were great times as well and we've missed you here. Obviously the place has changed quite a bit since you were here last so your long over due for another visit. I hope all is we'll and your at least keeping dry these days.

John

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I know nothing of this 'big' election you talk about in our state,

It's the race for Governor. It's making national news, because there are only a few governor races that day.

Quoted from rkahr:

Booked Southwest direct from BWI to DTW for $79 on the way out and Spirit (yea, I know...) for $56 on the way back.

That is a fantastic price on the ticket. Almost worth the drive to BWI. You flying out Friday and back Sunday?

#31 6 years ago

I was at one of these get-togethers many moons ago, and had a great time. Thinking I would like to make it again this year, and I have the weekend off, so I just have to check for any other commitments that day and get the okay from the boss-lady. Once I get an "all clear", I will officially RSVP.
    And thanks to John for opening up your home and collection!

-Brian

#32 6 years ago

Only 9 mins per pin ??

I'm out.

Now if it where dayhuff's flipper camp...

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

That is a fantastic price on the ticket. Almost worth the drive to BWI. You flying out Friday and back Sunday?

Nope - flying out Saturday morning and back on Sunday. Another guy from the local league booked the same flights so we are sharing a rental car. We are going to visit Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum right after we land and then continue to John's. Sat night we've got rooms at the Clarion next to the Airport for under $60. There's room for you in the rental car if you want to tag along... but leave the politics discussions in Richmond.

It's gonna be a great get-away ... I can't wait!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Only 9 mins per pin ??
    I'm out.
    Now if it where dayhuff's flipper camp...

Hmmm....

John

#35 6 years ago

Sounds awesome I'll send you an official rsvp after I talk to my nephew and a couple friends but me and my wife will be there if she likes it or not

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

There's room for you in the rental car if you want to tag along... but leave the politics discussions in Richmond.

Looking at flights now. I'll PM about the particulars. Armed with flight info, I can make plans... or have them crushed. Either way I'll know.

No worries about the politics. I work on the IT side of elections. The last thing I want to do outside if work is talk about politics

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

Looking at flights now. I'll PM about the particulars. Armed with flight info, I can make plans... or have them crushed. Either way I'll know.

Hope it can work out... I think John's party can sell out that Spirit flight back to Baltimore Sunday - there are tons of folks within a reasonable drive of BWI!

-Rob

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hope it can work out... I think John's party can sell out that Spirit flight back to Baltimore Sunday - there are tons of folks within a reasonable drive of BWI!

Hey maybe I can get a cut of that action??

John

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hey maybe I can get a cut of that action??

John

Given their reputation for being bargain basement, I suspect the only way would be to buy a seat on the plane and make your first plane ride be a visit to the DC area. And, I'd bet they'd let you buy a full price ticket for the return trip as well!

-Rob

#40 6 years ago

RSVP bump.

John

#41 6 years ago

We're still waiting on baby-sitter availability, but I promise an RSVP once we know.

1 week later
    #42 6 years ago

I'm officially in (I would not miss it). Bumping this back to the top. Come on everyone, get those RSVPs in, oh... and order lots of shirts!

#43 6 years ago

Yeah its been weirdly quite this year for the RSVP's. As it sits right now it's like 50 people total. Please, please, please get your RSVP's to me instead of just showing up the day of the party. If we don't know we can't plan accordingly.....
    Remember the T-shirt cut off date is the 15th at midnight as it goes to the printer the following Monday.
    Lets make this 15th annual mile stone one to remember with the biggest attendance to date.
    Thanks
    John

#44 6 years ago

I'm thrilled to be one of the 50 in the "yes" column! We're having league night in Virginia tonight; two of us from the league are coming and you can be sure I'll be talking up the party to the rest of the members.

-Rob

#45 6 years ago

If I can get a carpool of people to attend I'll be there. Missed the last few and feeling left out of the fun.

#46 6 years ago

So what do you do when you have airline miles that need to be spent or lost? Travel 800 miles for your first ever 12 hours of pinball party of course, doesn't everyone?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

So what do you do when you have airline miles that need to be spent or lost? Travel 800 miles for your first ever 12 hours of pinball party of course, doesn't everyone?

Makes perfect sense to me.

If anyone is thinking about getting in on the T-shirt order list you better do it soon as the cut off is this coming Sunday at midnight. And keep those RSVP's coming in ASAP.

John

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Got me beat - it's only 591 miles from here... but it's my first time going as well!

-Rob

#49 6 years ago

Hey Everyone, just wanted to remind you all that tonight at midnight is the cut off on the T-shirt ordering. I need to get this to the printer tomorrow so get me your last minute orders before it's too late.

Thanks,
    John

#50 6 years ago

Emailed you an RSVP. Candace and I are looking forward to being part of the fun.

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs-15th-wow-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.