(Topic ID: 197602)

Dayhuff's 15th (WOW) Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP.

By Dayhuff

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-12-03-08-17-33-1 (resized).png
    Cleveland Barons 1976-77 F (resized).jpg
    batman (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1959 (resized).JPG
    DSC02673 (resized).JPG
    DSC02672 (resized).JPG
    DSC02671 (resized).JPG
    DSC02670 (resized).JPG
    DSC02669 (resized).JPG
    DSC02689 (resized).JPG
    DSC02687 (resized).JPG
    DSC02686 (resized).JPG
    DSC02668 (resized).JPG
    DSC02685 (resized).JPG
    DSC02674 (resized).JPG
    tourney.jpg
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 6 years ago

Came home and the wife made some treats.Organic chocolate sea salt cookies and boiled cider cookie bars made with fresh cider from Kapnicks Orchard.

20171104_005500-1 (resized).jpg20171104_005500-1 (resized).jpg

#152 6 years ago

I see your mac 'n cheese and raise you a turtle cheesecake
    mmm... yummy!mmm... yummy!

#153 6 years ago

The Dayhuff’s area is experiencing phone and internet outages at the moment. (Good timing, eh?)

If you need to contact them, call SuAnn’s cell phone (269-788-2736)

Can’t wait to see you all today!

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

The Dayhuff’s area is experiencing phone and internet outages at the moment. (Good timing, eh?)
    If you need to contact them, call SuAnn’s cell phone (269-788-2736)
    Can’t wait to see you all today!

I am sure you just "can't wait" to see me!

I will be the big ugly dude wearing a red Cleveland Barons jersey.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am sure you just "can't wait" to see me!
    I will be the big ugly dude wearing a red Cleveland Barons jersey.

I’ll be sure to give you a big, awkward hug that lasts way too long.

#156 6 years ago

I'll be the big ugly guy wearing slippers

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I’ll be sure to give you a big, awkward hug that lasts way too long.

Good thing I wont be getting there until tournament time, you will be too busy!

#158 6 years ago

AF03F911-A55A-4438-AAAB-B7BE6D18A549 (resized).jpegAF03F911-A55A-4438-AAAB-B7BE6D18A549 (resized).jpeg

FFCF26DF-65AD-4304-8A0E-ED03995BE46C (resized).jpegFFCF26DF-65AD-4304-8A0E-ED03995BE46C (resized).jpeg

F84F1759-C4C9-4288-8A89-0710FF630FC8 (resized).jpegF84F1759-C4C9-4288-8A89-0710FF630FC8 (resized).jpeg

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

But we can all go to the Bell's Brewpub in Kzoo after the Dayhuff party ends and maybe get a bonus hour of Two Hearted Ale consumption in....

Go to Kalamazoo Beer Exchange - great beers and pinball machines.

#160 6 years ago

On my way 1hr to go plus having to stop for gas

#161 6 years ago

Very cool and fun - thank you John and SuAnn! Wished we could have stayed longer.

#162 6 years ago

Thx again to the host and the boss on another great event and cheers on hopefully many more

#163 6 years ago

Home safe and back to pinball lol thanks for having us!!! John and SuAnn are amazing host and throw a great party.I had a great time in the Zen tournament with my partner Tammy, I can't believe we took 2nd place.

1509852261900-454205005 (resized).jpg1509852261900-454205005 (resized).jpg

20171104_204927 (resized).jpg20171104_204927 (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago

Here's a video from tonight's festivities!

#165 6 years ago

Also, here's a video about...

THE SECRET ROOM

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Cant wait to start my 800 mile trip tomorrow afternoon, going to be a great Saturday!

Great meeting you tonight, Steve!

#167 6 years ago

John,

Wow, that was an awesome party - Sooooo glad I made the trip! Thanks to everyone who showed up as well as that was an incredibly friendly crowd. Really like the shirt; I hope the folks that got one of the KAHR.US sport bottles I brought enjoy them.

Airplanes are already waking us up here at the airport hotel so I know it's time to get some breakfast and start my 11+ hour drive to deliver the car to NC. Tomorrow (Monday) is a train ride up to DC area... bet I'll be the last one to get home after the party.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
    -check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#168 6 years ago

Thank you John and SuAnn!
    Thanks Pete for running the zen tournament.
    Had a great time again.

#169 6 years ago

Who won the Zen tournamnent?

#170 6 years ago

Ryan Claytor and his partner took first and me and my partner snuck into the finals and took second

#171 6 years ago

Thank you so much for your generosity in hosting this wonderful party, John. My wife and I had the best time. Her interest in pinball is tepid at best and she thought it was absolutely awesome. Thanks again-- Dave and Liz.

#172 6 years ago

That's a beautiful gamesroom. What a cool dude for sharing it. So many flashing lights and noises!

#173 6 years ago

Thank you for hosting John and SuAnn! We have never packed so much pinball playing and cookie eating into one day before! We had a great time and really appreciate your hospitality!

#174 6 years ago

I hope you all liked the trophies this year, it was one of the last things I did before my incident.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

I hope you all liked the trophies this year, it was one of the last things I did before my incident.

I didn't win one, but I saw them. The trophies were definitely top notch and super cool. Awesome work!

Hope you are feeling better.

#176 6 years ago

The trophy's were amazing. Awesome work as always..

#177 6 years ago

Thanks to John and SuAnn, for putting on a great party. Thanks also to Pete for running the Zen tourny. Sorry to my partner for our performance in round 2. Also thanks to everyone who brought the great food. and to KahrUS for the waterbottle. A great time was had by all.

#178 6 years ago

Whoohoo! A big thank you to John and SuAnn for such a great party and fun time. Thanks for opening your house and arcade to us. I think the whole experience was just ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・AWESOME❣❣♫・*:.。. .。.:*・

#179 6 years ago

The trophies were sweet I was really gunning for one to use as a topper for my rfm but sadly it was not meant to be but I did get a sweet sign for the game room it's my first thing for my wall so years from now when I have to much stuff on the walls we can blame Johns party.

#180 6 years ago

Feeling much better..thank you. I am going to try and go back to work on Tues but we'll see, glad all had a good time John does a hella job putting that on.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Home safe and back to pinball lol thanks for having us!!! John and SuAnn are amazing host and throw a great party.I had a great time in the Zen tournament with my partner Tammy, I can't believe we took 2nd place.

The wife (Tammy) said thanks to you as her partner as well.

#182 6 years ago

Here's pictures of the Zen Tournament 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners on the RFM game.

4th place went to Mark Webster and Stephen Gentry (who came all the way from Alabama) with a score of 26,419,870 and each received two flyers.
    IMG_0161 (resized).JPGIMG_0161 (resized).JPG

3rd place went to Todd Yoder (from Virginia) and Amber Pardiek with a score of 32,449,000 and each received a translite and a license plate frame.
    IMG_0162 (resized).JPGIMG_0162 (resized).JPG

2nd place went to Puff Danny and Tammy Eagen with a score of 83,687,530 and each received a T-shirt, a pinball book and a pinball wizard sign.
    IMG_0160 (resized).JPGIMG_0160 (resized).JPG

And 1st place went tooooo......Ryan Claytor and Matt Burkart with a whopping 160,319,370 with each receiving a trophy and Tshirts. Great job guys!!
    IMG_0159 (resized).JPGIMG_0159 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0157 (resized).JPGIMG_0157 (resized).JPG

Congratulations to everyone, you're all first place winners in my book.
    IMG_0165 (resized).JPGIMG_0165 (resized).JPG

John

#183 6 years ago

More pics.

IMG_0156 (resized).JPGIMG_0156 (resized).JPGIMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0152 (resized).JPGIMG_0152 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0141 (resized).JPGIMG_0141 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0094 (resized).JPGIMG_0094 (resized).JPGJohn

#184 6 years ago

awesome!

#185 6 years ago

What an Amazing looking place and hospitality. So wish I could have attended this. Love the amazing selection of games and theme

#186 6 years ago

I just want to say thanks to all that came to this years party and I was able to chat with many of you but still missed a few I'm sure what with 200 people coming through during the entire day it got pretty hectic so I apologize if I didn't get a chance to even say hello. Thanks also to those that brought munchies to share with everyone, its much appreciated!! Special Kudos go out to those that came from out of town and I mean wayyyy out of town, Virginia, Alabama, Massachusetts.......Amazing dedication and I sure hope it was worth the trip and expense.

Special thanks go out to Pete and Julie Mathis for all there help in pulling this off every year. Pete ran the tournament on Revenge from Mars and did a great job as always when getting 34 different teams up to the game ASAP. I really need to get him a bull horn....LOL. Julie helped out in the kitchen area as usual and kept the food, garbage and empty pop cans from being a issue. Great job as always you two!!

Jeff Rumsey--What can I say about Jeff?? Each year he spends countless hours on the Tshirt design and puts up with my stupid suggestions and lack of artistic knowledge....LOL. This year I had to crawl to him on hands and knees to make a last minute game change on the back of the shirt but he took it in stride and said "no problem, but only this one time". Then a few weeks later came the printer fiasco....UGH!! Then we lost another week and Jeff said, "try Jupmode down in Toledo, they do great work". So I contacted them and they came through with flying colors and when I picked up the shirts in person it was the nicest and cleanest Tshirt print shop I'd ever been into and not only that they got the job done right the first time and they came out great. Now I can highly recommend Jupmode when somebody ask. Jeff, thanks for all that you did and without your skills there probably wouldn't be any shirts at all and especially of this caliber...., your the best!!

Joe Kace at Laseriffic-- Everybody knows Joe and they know he's the man when it comes to specialized toppers for there games but were talking probably a couple hundred or more of many of the titles he normally does. We'll as usual he's dreading that email where I put a wrench into his already busy schedule and ask for three, one of a kind trophies for our little tournament. He always ask "what did you have in mind?" and I tell him the game and then what I want it to say and then Joe comes up with the rest and this year he knocked it out of the park again with his one of a kind (or three of a kind) creation. I can't thank him enough and I hope I wasn't the one to put him in the hospital but I'm sending you the check and Tshirt in tomorrows mail Joe. Get better soon my friend and thank you!!

Marcus Anderson-- He has been doing the video's you've been watching on Utube and also helps me out with the PATZ auction each year and I can't thank him enough and plus he works cheap....LOL. Enjoy the shirt Marcus you deserve it.

SuAnn-- My wonderful wife for the last 22 years that puts up with all this crazy pinball/collecting madness of mine and deserves a heartfelt thank you for all that she does to make this party a success for the last 15 years as I couldn't do it without her. Somehow we manage to pull it off each year but not without a few ups and downs but she always pulls it all together and does it with that special smile of hers. Next time you see her give her a "thanks for the party" hello.
    IMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPGIMG_0076 (resized).JPG

Thanks to everyone and as always thanks for the fun and laughter and another year of memories.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Who won the Zen tournamnent?

*a-hem*

tourney.jpgtourney.jpg

Quoted from Dayhuff:

And 1st place went tooooo......Ryan Claytor and Matt Burkart with a whopping 160,319,370 with each receiving a trophy and Tshirts. Great job guys!!

rhea.gifrhea.gif

Quoted from Laseriffic:

I hope you all liked the trophies this year

Uhm...

Quoted from SideTrackTap:

The trophies were definitely top notch and super cool. Awesome work!

Quoted from Insane:

The trophy's were amazing. Awesome work as always..

Quoted from Puffdanny:

The trophies were sweet

...yah, they were absolutely stunning. And as Puff Danny mentioned, we were ALL...

Quoted from Puffdanny:

...really gunning for one.

I showed it to my 4-year-old son this morning and he was pretty wowed. When I asked him if he would like to keep it in his room...man, Joe...I wish I could have bottled the look on his face. It was priceless. The most genuine and unadulterated excitement. So here's where it resides, along with Clifford and pals:

IMG_20171105_201253 (resized).jpgIMG_20171105_201253 (resized).jpg

And in case anyone didn't get a close look at these beauties, here's a quick video to show the dimensionality and light-show:

Before ending the tourney talk, I wanted to send a shout-out to my less-handsome doppelganger, pmWolf . You run a real smooth wack-a-doo competition, and I'd say that even if I didn't win. Nice work out there, my man. That was, literally, hours of commitment on your part.

asspat.gifasspat.gif

Finally, big thanks to the Dayhuffs, both John and SuAnn. You guys are the coolest, kindest, power-couple. John, I know you pour hours into those rows of pins prior to party time. Everything I coined-up looked and played great! And SuAnn, the unsung hero of the 12 hours of pinball, was keeping everything intact upstairs. The ravenous masses all appreciate your tireless work, too! All this to say, thanks for your hospitality. Happy 15 years of insanity. Here's to 15 more.

bronson-dance-party-o.gifbronson-dance-party-o.gif

#188 6 years ago

Here are some pics i took. Most of them later in the evening. Also i figured out why we lost the tourney, Marcus jinxed us. He knows what he did......

DSC02674 (resized).JPGDSC02674 (resized).JPG

DSC02685 (resized).JPGDSC02685 (resized).JPG

DSC02668 (resized).JPGDSC02668 (resized).JPG

DSC02686 (resized).JPGDSC02686 (resized).JPG

DSC02687 (resized).JPGDSC02687 (resized).JPG

DSC02689 (resized).JPGDSC02689 (resized).JPG

DSC02669 (resized).JPGDSC02669 (resized).JPG

DSC02670 (resized).JPGDSC02670 (resized).JPG

DSC02671 (resized).JPGDSC02671 (resized).JPG

DSC02672 (resized).JPGDSC02672 (resized).JPG

DSC02673 (resized).JPGDSC02673 (resized).JPG

#189 6 years ago

Thank you John and SuAnn!

What a great event. So so cool. For being there the first time it certainly didn’t feel like it. You are all so welcoming and accommodating. Tim and I had a great time and we really appreciate you having us.

The food, hospitality and event were amazing! Really great to talk to everyone and meet some legends like Dayhuff and Kruzman and Dusty!

I’m back home safe after a 16hr drive.

#190 6 years ago

Thank you John & SuAnn for hosting such a great party. A great bunch of people were there and I'm pretty sure that everyone there had fun. Thank you for being so hospitable to us pinheads! It was our first time there, but it will not be our last.

#191 6 years ago

I started my last leg of my journey home. Kinda nice to be just riding after yesterday's 13 hour marathon from MI to NC. Train, of course, is running late.

Amtrak 1 hour lateAmtrak 1 hour late

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
    -check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#192 6 years ago

Wow what a whirlwind of a trip! Thanks John for letting someone from the south crash the party ! I had a great time as I tried to play as much pinball as I could and eat myself silly! I think I did both well. I enjoyed meeting so many of you and would have liked to meet many more if not for the a for mentioned playing tons of pinball. I was really tired last night but it was also really worth it, I even hit Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor on my way to the Airport! Anyway, thanks again and I will look for those of you that said you would be at the TPF in March. Thanks again for an awesome day/weekend.

Stephen

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Great meeting you tonight, Steve!

Likewise, see you in Texas! I am super jealous of that trophy, man it is awesome!. One more thing within 10 minutes of seeing my son what do you think he asked me? You guessed it, "tell me about every game that was there" Ha ha!

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Likewise, see you in Texas!

Woo!!! TPF or bust, baby! I'll be at the Pinside booth!

Quoted from gentrsa:

I am super jealous of that trophy, man it is awesome!

Maybe I should pack the trophy and set it up at the booth.

Quoted from gentrsa:

One more thing within 10 minutes of seeing my son what do you think he asked me? You guessed it, "tell me about every game that was there" Ha ha!

*LOL* Good thing you meticulously photographed every machine! ...so, did he want you to orate the entire collection, or did he take a look himself?

#195 6 years ago

Thanks John very nice event!

Now that John's gig is over, don't forget about the November 24th Food Drive/Toys for Tots charity VFW event.

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I started my last leg of my journey home. Kinda nice to be just riding after yesterday's 13 hour marathon from MI to NC. Train, of course, is running late.

... and Uber took care of the last mile from train station to the house.

-Rob

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Now that John's gig is over, don't forget about the November 24th Food Drive/Toys for Tots charity VFW event.

Holy thread-jack, Batman.

batman (resized).jpegbatman (resized).jpeg

#198 6 years ago

awsome party as always John & SuAnn........is it to early to R.S.V.P. for next year?

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

It'd be hard forget with all the flyers that were left behind.

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Thanks John very nice event!

Where is the info on this Clay?

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs-15th-wow-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.