(Topic ID: 197602)

Dayhuff's 15th (WOW) Annual Pinball Party Invite...Please RSVP.

By Dayhuff

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-12-03-08-17-33-1 (resized).png
    Cleveland Barons 1976-77 F (resized).jpg
    batman (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1959 (resized).JPG
    DSC02673 (resized).JPG
    DSC02672 (resized).JPG
    DSC02671 (resized).JPG
    DSC02670 (resized).JPG
    DSC02669 (resized).JPG
    DSC02689 (resized).JPG
    DSC02687 (resized).JPG
    DSC02686 (resized).JPG
    DSC02668 (resized).JPG
    DSC02685 (resized).JPG
    DSC02674 (resized).JPG
    tourney.jpg
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I'm thrilled to be one of the 50 in the "yes" column! We're having league night in Virginia tonight; two of us from the league are coming and you can be sure I'll be talking up the party to the rest of the members.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

I am coning from Va also but my trip is from the Western side of the state up to I77 in Charleston WVa

#52 6 years ago

John - what's the RSVP count up to? I'm really looking forward to the trip!!!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

John - what's the RSVP count up to? I'm really looking forward to the trip!!!
    -Rob

92 RSVP'ers is what I have on the list so far. Which is only half of where we are normally at for previous years. Not sure why, any ideas? One guy I talked to said that "people have been there done that". I found that hard to believe but it did make me wonder a little if the party has ran it's course??

John

#54 6 years ago

"ran it's course"........not a chance.........highlight of the fall season.........can't wait

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not sure why, any ideas?

Well Penn State will be beating up Michigan State up the road a few miles that day... maybe it's tough to compete with that? Maybe the daylight savings change that night is confusing folks?

FYI, the Freedom Motors thing came together so I changed my flight to pick up the car on Friday. If somebody needed it, I could offer a one-way ride Sunday through Ohio (Athens), West Virginia (turnpike), the sw corner of Virginia and into NC. I'm gonna stop at the Reboot Arcade Bar in Winston-Salem. I'm staying next to the Detroit airport Sat night.

-Rob

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

92 RSVP'ers is what I have on the list so far. Which is only half of where we are normally at for previous years. Not sure why, any ideas? One guy I talked to said that "people have been there don't that". I found that hard to believe but it did make me wonder a little if the party has ran it's course??
    John

I just saw the thread (I must be blind and still recovering from Expo pinballisms). I might go ... gotta check schedules. Never been there and sounds fun.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

There is no monetary admission fee for the party but if you could bring a dish or some type of treat to pass that would be great. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing or we will end up with 40 bags of unopened chips at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, rice krispie treats, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us.

I'm gonna bring some WPC Power Fix bling to give away in lieu of a dish because I couldn't come up with anything edible that I could bring on the plane. What bling? The sport bottles I had at the York Show... should be able to get about 20 into my luggage.

-Rob

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I'm gonna bring some WPC Power Fix bling to give away in lieu of a dish because I couldn't come up with anything edible that I could bring on the plane. What bling? The sport bottles I had at the York Show... should be able to get about 20 into my luggage.
    -Rob

I've got some great prizes this year and certainly not something you'd expect.....LOL. The more the merrier though, thanks Rob!!

John

#59 6 years ago

Michigan and Michigan State both have home games that day. Speaking for myself, I have season tickets and won't be able to make it to the party. My suggestion would be to try and and schedule it when both schools have away games. Thanks, Howie

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Michigan and Michigan State both have home games that day. Speaking for myself, I have season tickets and won't be able to make it to the party. My suggestion would be to try and and schedule it when both schools have away games. Thanks, Howie

Really? Football over Pinball ?? I can turn on the TV's in the basement and you can do both at the same time....LOL. The party is always the first Saturday in November, you'd think they could schedule around me.

John

#61 6 years ago

Lately, I'd rather play pinball over go to football, but those damn tickets are expensive.

#62 6 years ago

Looking forward to going after missing the last couple of years. Just need to decide what to make to bring. Last time I made cookie crust cheesecakes topped with cherry pie filling. Might go that route again.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I have season tickets and won't be able to make it to the party.

Game is something like 3 hours and the pinball party is open for 12 hours. Isn't there room for both?

-Rob

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Lately, I'd rather play pinball over go to football, but those damn tickets are expensive.

Sell the tickets if they are expensive. Gas money, pinball parts, machines etc.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Game is something like 3 hours and the pinball party is open for 12 hours. Isn't there room for both?
    -Rob

Quoted from MrBally:

Sell the tickets if they are expensive. Gas money, pinball parts, machines etc.

LOL....I love it!!

John

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

92 RSVP'ers is what I have on the list so far. Which is only half of where we are normally at for previous years. Not sure why, any ideas? One guy I talked to said that "people have been there don't that". I found that hard to believe but it did make me wonder a little if the party has ran it's course??
    John

Not a chance it's run it's course your party is better than some shows I've attended

#67 6 years ago

I am looking forward to my first time at The Dayhuff's

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

LOL....I love it!!

John

Hey John, would a last minuter RSVP be OK with you? Tx Greg

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lefman:

Hey John, would a last minuter RSVP be OK with you? Tx Greg

RSVP's are ALWAYS welcomed and the more the merrier. We'd just like as much advance notice as possible so we can plan for a few things.....
    Please email my regular email address when doing so. [email protected] and let me know who and how many are coming with you. I don't think it's too much to ask, rather then just showing up unannounced.....which is frowned upon.
    Anyways, yes keep them coming as there is plenty of room and games.

John

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I am looking forward to my first time at The Dayhuff's

Same here - I wonder how many of us on the RSV list are new to his party...

John, can you PM/email me the address? I don't have it.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball Resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#71 6 years ago

Private email sent Rob, sorry about that.

John

#72 6 years ago

BTW, there is one way to sorta tell who the first timers at the party are. When you sign your name on your name tag it's supposed to be Black marker if you've been here before and the red marker if it's your first time.

John

#73 6 years ago

In honor of the 15th Annuversary, I think additional colors for 5, 10, and 15 years of attendance would be neat!

If nothing else, John and his fam would be able to rock the 15 year colors.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

In honor of the 15th Annuversary, I think additional colors for 5, 10, and 15 years of attendance would be neat!
    If nothing else, John and his fam would be able to rock the 15 year colors.

Ha ha....that's funny. All though there are a few other couples that have made it each year, that's gotta say something I think.

John

#75 6 years ago

What time do you plan on starting the potluck dinner and what time for the tournament?I'm trying to plan out the trip so I can hopefully do both and still accommodate my dogs and not come home to messes.and I know this is very hard to gauge but any idea how long the tournament should last?I like to stick around even if I lose to congratulate the winner.

#76 6 years ago

As more and more people show up there is always more food, the buffet is open the entire time. Your ticket in is to bring something for others to snack on as well. Pizza Hut will be here AROUND 7pm usually. Pete will be taking names for the tournament I'm guessing around 5pm and we usually wrap that up around 7-8pm but it depends on how many people get in on it. This year I think it will go pretty quickly since the RSVP's seem to be down to about half of what they normally are at this point. Plus the tournament game is playing mean and showing no mercy......LOL.

John

#77 6 years ago

Tournament is still blind draw partners with each person on a flipper

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

ournament is still blind draw partners with each person on a flipper

So you end up with a winning "team" rather than a single winner, right? Or is there a finals where those team members each have to play a one-handed game to separate first from second place?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball Resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

So you end up with a winning "team" rather than a single winner, right? Or is there a finals where those team members each have to play a one-handed game to separate first from second place?

Winning "team" is correct. There isn't a deathmatch at the end, or anything.

Prizes typically go to the top 3 or 4 teams, depending on how much swag we have.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

There isn't a deathmatch at the end, or anything.

I vote for a staredown between Zen Tourney partners to determine the ultimate champion. First to blink, smile, or show any emotion other than animosity towards their Zen Tourney partner loses. Of course, I'm kidding. Sort of.

#81 6 years ago

I always want to attend this thing everytime I see it but I'd probably be the only canuck there and it would be a 10hr drive one way.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I always want to attend this thing everytime I see it but I'd probably be the only canuck there and it would be a 10hr drive one way.

We're very Canuck friendly in Michigan and we're always welcoming to our friends from the Great White North.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

As more and more people show up there is always more food, the buffet is open the entire time. Your ticket in is to bring something for others to snack on as well. Pizza Hut will be here AROUND 7pm usually. Pete will be taking names for the tournament I'm guessing around 5pm and we usually wrap that up around 7-8pm but it depends on how many people get in on it. This year I think it will go pretty quickly since the RSVP's seem to be down to about half of what they normally are at this point. Plus the tournament game is playing mean and showing no mercy......LOL.
    John

Not nice John, I can't ever seem to get any love on the tournament game anyway, now you gotta use one that is being mean....

#84 6 years ago

This looks like fun, but am I correct in understanding any pinballer is welcome?

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

This looks like fun, but am I correct in understanding any pinballer is welcome?

Any respectful pinballer.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Quoted from pmWolf:

Any respectful pinballer.

If I'm allowed in than most anyone is welcome just email john

Quoted from Dayhuff:RSVP's are ALWAYS welcomed and the more the merrier. We'd just like as much advance notice as possible so we can plan for a few things.....
    Please email my regular email address when doing so. [email protected] and let me know who and how many are coming with you. I don't think it's too much to ask, rather then just showing up unannounced.....which is frowned upon.
    Anyways, yes keep them coming as there is plenty of room and games.
    John

#87 6 years ago

Bring a friend and make them do half of the driving - solves the "only one" problem and cuts your "behind the wheel" time in half!

-Rob

#88 6 years ago

I have john's approval, so I will be bringing a few of the full size run-dmd clocks to raffle off

$10 purchases you a ticket, and once 40 tickets have been sold, I will raffle off a clock, and start the process again until all clocks are gone (while I'm there)

one will be set up and running to see what you're purchasing a chance to win

if I do not sell 40 tickets to raffle a clock (or the 2nd or 3rd, etc...), your money will be returned to you

information on the clocks can be found here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-7-gauging-interest

if you are flying in for john's party, I can ship the clock to you if you win (for the additional cost of shipping)

edit:
    I will be bringing a total of 5 clocks to raffle off with one up and running (probably in the garage so that no one misses it

#89 6 years ago

I'll chip in for your gas money! But what rkahr said; bring a friend to help drive. Hotels in Battle Creek (no more than 15 minutes from Johns house) run about $70 +/- a night (Red Roof Inn for $68). I know it's easier said than done, but John's party is a great time.

Chris

#90 6 years ago

I see there's some discussion about the "Zen" tournament! Here's a video I shot last year and the vid explains more about it!

#91 6 years ago

Email sent - The wife and I just missed last years when we moved back to MI from SC. Looking forward to it!

#92 6 years ago

Get me those RSVP's. We are going food, pop and other stuff shopping today so I need to know what to plan for. Running out of something wouldn't be cool to those that did RSVP as opposed to those that just show up unannounced. So please get your names on the list.
    Thanks
    John

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Get me those RSVP's. We are going food, pop and other stuff shopping today so I need to know what to plan for. Running out of something wouldn't be cool to those that did RSVP as opposed to those that just show up unannounced. So please get your names on the list.
    Thanks
    John

I'll send an RSVP email tonight, but add 2 as my wife and I decided last night that we would attend (for the first time).

#94 6 years ago

It's never too late to RSVP, well maybe the day of the party is too late but the sooner we know the better so we can plan for a better/smoother party for all with the least amount of hiccups.
    Judging buy the RSVP's we've gotten so for this year the number is still way down compared to previous years so there's still plenty of room and games to play. Tournament people need to return for sure to defend their previous years title......LOL.

John

#95 6 years ago

RSVP emailed --- looking forward to our first pinball party!

#96 6 years ago

I'll be there to defend my ZEN title. 2 years ago I believe, could not make it last year, so I have still yet to loose since I won!

RSVP sent..

#97 6 years ago

Thanks guys, keep them coming. I've had 25 RSVP's just today alone so the number is growing but there's still room for plenty more. Lets see if we can reach a new record what with this being a 15 year milestone for the parties.

John

#98 6 years ago

Hey - it's party week! Can't wait to get there!

-Rob

#99 6 years ago

See you bitches in 6 days!

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

I'll be there to defend my ZEN title. 2 years ago I believe, could not make it last year, so I have still yet to loose since I won!
    RSVP sent..

Your ZEN title is long gone. Geocab and I are the defending champs and I will be back this year to defend my title.

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs-15th-wow-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.